3 Rounds Edition 2

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Mar 4, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

3 Rounds!
    In the second edition of "3 Rounds" host Chris Mortensen will discuss the happenings around the league as well as be joined by former NFL coach and future hall of famer Bill Parcells to discuss Free Agency crop, as well as a look at the recent rash of changes!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the second edition of "3 Rounds" I'm your host, Chris Mortensen. On tap for today we have a look around the league, as well as a look towards the free agency crop is shaping up and taking a look at the recent slew of firings in the league, as always we will be joined by Coach Bill Parcells will join us later on to give us his thoughts on the recent changes in the league, as well as rumors going on in TMFL. 3 Rounds, and let's get started with the First Round!
    First Round!
    TMFL sees overhaul with recent firings!
    Recently TMFL has seen a rash of firings around the league, with the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins have all fired their head coaches and have been able to find replacements for the remainder of the season, we will discuss later with coach Parcells if these could be potentially long term solutions for these teams or if these "interim" head coaches will be just that until a more permanent long term solution is found. If you remember last week Coach Parcells stated about the problems in Dallas and New York but Kansas City was surprising as rookie head coach was seen as to being around for another season at least but it was not to be as President of Football Operations Scott Pioli relieved Coach Rush of his duties with the Chiefs. I spoke with Scott and he indicated a lack of desire to put in the extra effort to make a winning franchise by Coach Rush as well as problems off the field, which resulted in charges filed against Coach Rush for animal cruelty, endangering a minor, and reckless endangerment and condemnation of his former home in Kansas City.​
    New Rules coming into effect, new leadership, former leadership issues lead to dismissal!
    TMFL has undergone a recent rash of changes not just on the coaching carousel as the TMFL rules committee has made a slew of changes recently to go into effect immediately. Owners around the league ratified the changes immediately in order to have in place for the playoffs and in hopes to better the league. TMFL has seen a change in leadership also as owners voted in place new commissioner Shaun Mason and voted to fire former commissioner Keller as new leadership felt that former commissioner Keller had lost control of the league and with the rash of mass exodus of former owners it is hard to argue against it. Former commissioner Keller bought a majority stake into the Bills but was unceremoniously fired without a severance package from the league and is being consulted for the time being but from speaking to league insiders, that will not last long and former commissioner Keller will only be a majority stake owner in the Bills. New changes to the league have been met with mixed reaction as we did see a lot of coaches fired or relieved of duty by owners, but owners are said to be very excited with the new regime and looking forward to what it can bring.​
    Second Round!
    Free Agency Preview!
    In the second round, were going to discuss the upcoming free agency class. A few big names have come around the league and appear to be going off to free agency due to financial concerns from some teams. With the salary cap projected to increase only slightly to around 134 million. Teams around the league are having to make some big decisions regarding key players. Word out of Denver is that Marshawn Lynch could be gone after having a confrontation with teammates and ownership a few weeks ago in regards to a lack of a new deal being done claiming "I deserve to have my deal down before anyone else, I demand a big contract and there ain't no one that can tell me otherwise, I am the best in the world at what I do." Denver ownership was said to not be happy with the public outcry towards teammates as well as local media outlets. It appears as Coach Parcells reported last week that veteran QB Jay Cutler will either be traded or cut at the end of the year as Tim Tebow has been the starting QB the last few weeks for the Bears. As the Bears appear poised to give Tebow a new contract and keep him in Denver. Martez Wilson will be heading into Free Agency out of Buffalo along with Eric Wood, both are said to be happy with the turn around on the team and after the spending spree on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, as well as Devin McCourty these two want there big money contracts and it is going to be interesting if the small market bills will tie up there money in their own players or if the Bills will stick to their M.O. and not willing to give out big contracts. TE crop should be very strong this offseason, with big names such as Dallas Clark, Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski are set to hit free agency. At this point the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos have the most amount of cap room so it will be interesting to see if they choose to use it or choose to wait for next year which shapes up to be a very strong class!​
    Third and Final Round!

Coach Bill Parcells joins us for the final round for our insider information in TMFL. Coach Parcells let's start with the recent changes regarding leadership in TMFL, what is being heard in regards to this?
    [​IMG]
    Chris, TMFL executives and share holders are said to be the driving force behind the change in leadership, former commissioner Keller's side projects as well as questions regarding his personal life in turmoil had a lot to do with the changes. I've heard that commissioner Keller has been black booked out in Vegas due to his vast amounts of gambling issues. Some insiders state that former TMFL commissioner Keller could have misappropriated funds of the league in order to supplement his gambling addiction. That is the reason for no severance package for him, and it is being investigated as to whether he used some of those funds in order to secure a controlling interest in the Bills. More on this to come in the future I am sure.
    Now with the season ending the teams looking towards next year, or looking towards the playoffs, we broke down some of the names in free agency, what are you hearing in regards to it?
    This is going to be a very big crop of talented free agents, it is going to be tight end heavy with three of the top tight ends in the league being out there, according to individuals with knowledge of the situation all three teams, Indianapolis, New Orleans and New England are said to be in trade talks for their three big guys in order to receive something in return besides just losing out on them. Do not sleep on Haloti Ngata who is set to be a free agent out of Dallas. Another name people are forgetting is QB Matt Ryan, who's time could be coming to an end and it is being reported by people inside the Falcons organization that the end of the season is going to dictate whether the Falcons choose to tender or resign Ryan or let him test the waters. Workhorse Maurice Jones Drew is up in Jacksonville and is going to demand a high dollar value, and with a lack of revenue in Jacksonville it will be interesting Chris to see if the new Jacksonville owner can come up with the money to pay MJD.
    Now for my favorite part of the show, what is the word going around TMFL?
    Chris, there is a lot of words going around TMFL. We have word coming out of Denver that a new deal has been struck with OLB Von Miller and all that is left is to put the signatures on the paper, ensuring Miller will be making big plays for the Broncos for years to come as Miller was among the league leaders in tackles this year. In response to the Buffalo to Los Angeles move that was reported last week, with new majority owner Keller taking over the Bills it is being reported that the LA contingent pulled the deal from the table due to concerns with Keller's gambling habits, however Keller is said to be looking to generate more money for the team and could be looking to go above the border and that it is NOT Toronto, it could be the city of Montreal or Quebec or Calgary. We will most certainly keep an eye on this. Also the Los Angeles group is still seeking to get a team out to Los Angeles and have petitioned the league for an expansion team if they are unable to secure a team in the next 2 years. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots have begun preliminary discussions on a contract extension to keep Brady as a Patriot instead of going to free agency and in order to accommodate the deal Brady maybe willing to take an incentive laden deal to help with financial concerns for the cap with the Patriots. Coming out of Baltimore Tony Romo is telling many that he might retire at the end of the year and start a new career, one that he has been wanting to do for a while, professional golfer. Romo has been spotted on the golf course a lot working with Hank Haney former Tiger Woods caddy. Ben Roethlisberger has been said to be involved in another nightclub incident in the city of Cleveland, details remain unknown at this time but local police are investigating and Steelers owner Art Rooney is said to be furious that another incident could have gone on with his star QB. More on this next week.
    Very interesting coach, especially on the potential Canadian franchise as well as more problems for Big Ben. That's all we have for this week's edition and in our next addition we will take a closer look at the TMFL draft as more players declare for the draft and the draft board starts taking shape. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay will join us, as well as more from Coach Parcells on what could potentially happen in TMFL. Until next time, I'm Chris Mortensen and this was 3 Rounds!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

3. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Awesome read.

5. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

Nice....

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Man, I hope Graham and Gronk make it to FA, heh.

7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Lol If graham and gronk make it to FA im def going l trying to get on of them

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

You have your own concerns with Dallas Clark sir.

If they do make it to free agency they will require a big contract so unless you have cap space then it maybe difficult. To see how you break down for cap wise for next year take a look at the thread by Peench on previewing FA.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  9. Ghost

Im losing Jay Cutler this season so that will open alot of cap space for me approximately
    $23,770,000

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Wasn't directed at anyone in particular was just saying in general. Last season we had Dominique Rodgers Cromartie go for 95 million over 4 years. If that's any indication of how much top guys can go for.

11. Ghost

yea i know i was just to tell you so you put it in round 3

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Anythings you all would like to be put in round 3 please send via PM and I'll try to get as much into the show as I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Clark will prob be let go since he's getting old, and I'll have plenty of cap space to play with.

14. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Gronkowski Welker Brady who will stay :)

great write up man