3000 yard runners and other debauchery

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by BDSDIGITAL, Dec 9, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

We touched on this briefly a few nights ago but I was curious if there had been any more discussions on running stats, difficulty, and things of the like. I don't usually pay a ton of attention to the personal stats unless I'm in a Heisman race but I did see at least 1 rb approaching 3k yardage. I'm not singling that user out because there are several guys that have ran for way over 2k me included. I think we should consider some restrictions if it continues. I am not really a big fan of slider tweaks. I think messing with that stuff can really ruin the game. My thought was limiting carries for backs. Just so everyone knows this would hurt me as much if not more than most because I routinely give my starter 30+ carries. The last half of last season I had 3-4 games against the CPU in a row that were close but not cheesy at all which was alot of fun. So I wouldn't want to see the CPU get all jacked up and make it cheesy.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Something needs to be done IMO. I'd prefer it not to be sliders.

I'm one of THE biggest run-the-damn-rock guys here but even I think the numbers have gotten BEYOND silly. 3,000 almost? Almost 400 in a game? Seriously?

I'm with you completely on this Brian (as we all talked about the other night). Limiting carries is definitely a thought.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I agree and I am not a fan of having running backs clearing the 2,000 yard mark with 4-5 games remaining. There does need to be changes in terms of stats.

- 28+ point lead against CPU in second half, pause the game and remove your starters. I am going to push for this on defense too. I am lazy so I rarely sub my defenders, but some defensive numbers are inflated too

- Make sure your play calling is balanced and don't be afraid to give some carries to your backup. Last season my starter rushed for 1200 and my backup had like 800.

If the numbers remain out of control, I will be making changes to the sliders. I hate tweaking sliders because it messes up balance between user and CPU games, but something needs to change.

4. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I think a general guideline should be that the backup should get approximately 25% of the rush attempts. If the starter gets 21 carries, the back up should have at least 7. That's not a bad overall guideline.

I had Bellamy run for a ton of yards two seasons ago, but his backup still got the ball plenty. Bellamy just ended up with over 10 yards a carry that year (because he broke so many big plays), so his numbers were crazy.

5. Jman

I agree wholeheartedly.

Between this and super-simming everything, things or people have to change.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Don't forget to mention Bellamy's NCAA record of 40 rushing TD's that season. While I was waiting for advances last night I went threw the stat records and that stuck out. I don't care just adding to the arguement.

I thought it was common knowledge but you can mass sub your O and D against the cpu. This is a practice I do every game whenever I am up big in the second half. Shoot I supersim some of the game just to get them finished so my wife will stop yelling at me and the cpu will auto mass sub in blowouts.

Why not a mandatory mass sub rule for 4th qtr 28+ leads??

Or how bout you pussies just try throwing the ball, anyone with opposable thumbs can run the ball.

[​IMG]

7. aarondramp

My guess is that 30 of those Bellamy TD's were over 20 yards. He didn't get that many goalline looks because when I was in the redzone, it's because he ran to get me there. That was also the year where I lost 5 or 6 of my front 7, so I couldn't really stop anyone either.

I'm trying to learn to pass this year. The Air Raid is coming to Clemson.

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Doesnt the game auto mass subs in the 4th?

ive noticed on occassion though that the cpu will mass sub my defense back in if the other team scores...

9. Hokie Effect

No this has to be done manually unless you super sim. So if you super sim the extra point and kickoff in the 4th and you are up big, cpu will most likely mass sub your team.

10. Jman

Hence why its easiest to just do it yourself and make sure the 2's are in.

Bottom line is use common sense. I don't think that's too much to ask, and if any of us can't handle that the axe needs to be dropped.

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Ahh yeh, i sim the extra points to save time.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I like doing my subs manually so I can get my young guys some playing time. It takes a little extra time but it also ensures my starters are nowhere near my starting lineup. I also don't like mass subs because it will occasionally put guys in weird spots on kick coverage.

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Yeh i have to watch who plays downs this year, so seems to be a manual thing for me

14. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Yeah im in favor of a 2nd string getting 25% carries rule. If you looked at my stats last year my backup had 800 yards rushing as well. Freeman did have close to 3000 yards and yeah there was one game where he had 375 yards, but i supersimmed the last quarter or so of that game and didn't even KNOW i had that many yards. I still had alot more passing yards than most teams, my QB finished 10th in passing yards. Freeman was in the same boat as Bellamy, 99 spd 99 acc 90+ BTK and just broke a million huge plays.

15. Hokie Effect

And Jones is just a Freeman clone smh.....

16. Jman

I don't care dude, no way should 3,000 rushing yards (or close to it) sound OK at any given point. in your head. You learn and move on but that just is no where near right IMO.

17. Brandon S.

The only thing to do is learn and move on. I admit i was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Being that Vandy beat me in my damn bowl game, effectively handicapping me recruiting wise(among the 6 stars), lets hold off on the slider talk. With that being said. I feel like I ran a shit load with my RB last year. I think I had 1500 yards and 18 td's. Stop spamming one dude against the CPU. Its not very impressive...

19. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Loud noises

• Like Like x 4
  20. aarondramp

A top 10 QB and a bacup with 800 yards. If you're close to 3,000 yards then I don't see what's ridiculous when you consider the other factors. He was obviously balanced.

21. Brandon S.

I wasn't spamming one dude against the CPU, freeman had 200 yards or close to it in every user game (6) except the game vs you, where he got injured and the backup had 160

22. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Hey he barely broke 120 against fla and that was because of that 70+ yard run at the end where my boy was trying to get back on offense to practice :)

23. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

If you think your the only one who this thread pertains to your wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

the real question is, how in the world did a 1300yd HB win the Heisman :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Brandon S.

Yeah you're right satan sorry i forgot. I supersim the games vs CPU after i have a big enough lead, i've been doing that since my first season with maryland. It just so happened that with FSU they are actually a great team and destroyed some CPUs.

I said i agree with you guys that it was wrong, have no problem with making restrictions, live and learn. What else do you want?