360: New OD (new members only)

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by MurkYa21, Nov 8, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

360: New OD (new members only)

We can do any type that you guys would like, it's up to you.

I'm going to be commish of this dynasty, get it going strong, and then hand it off to someone else so we have a solid dynasty....all while I ensure that the members that it is composed of are quality and what we expect out of TF members.

There will be two spots open for veteran members also so that we can get some sort of a mix going.

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I guess I could be considered a vet, but anyways I would be willing to join. How many conferences you thinking about allowing murk?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We can go big schools, small schools, custom conference, 1 2 or 3, conferences..

all up to you guys..

before signing up, I want everyone to make sure they've got enough time for this.

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

My (real) coaching is done until track season...which is NO WHERE near as busy as football was lol (not even close!).

I'd love to be a "veteran" member of this new dynasty, whatever it may be.

5. Papa Perry

I'm down. Just a suggestion: How bout the BCS conferences that don't play CCG (Pac-10, Big Ten, Big East). That would make 4 users per conference which would almost guarantee atleast 3 user games (Idk what kind of rotation the Big Ten does). If someone wants Notre Dame we can roll with one less Big Ten or Big East user.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That'd be great, I'd love to have you!

That's a good idea, keep them coming...where are the new guys!!!?!

7. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I'm in. I like the idea of teams from the Big Ten, Pac 10, Big East. How are we going to handle team selection? How often will we advance? I can only do maybe 2 advances a week, preferably on Monday and Thursday.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll either do it random, or I will do by who had posted in this thread first.

We will be looking more at 2-3 advances a week. They won't be on specific days.

I hope that your schedule won't interfere with you being able to get user vs user games in.

9. Papa Perry

Team selection doesn't matter much to me, I intend to pick a team I can run the 3-4 with pretty well right off the bat. If we do a set-up like I mentioned, I would like to get a team out of the Pac-10 or Big East because they play all of their conference members. Another way to tweak those choices of teams would be to go 3 teams per conference (would make 9 users) then Notre Dame plus 2 BCS busters in the MWC or WAC (Beef up the chosen conference by swapping in 9 mid-major power houses. For Example: Boise State, Fresno State, Houston, TCU, Nevada, Utah, BYU, Air Force, Navy). I like this idea because what's a good OD without a BCS Buster? And if a BCS Buster user is replaced the new guy will have a good set of BCS busters to choose from.

10. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I like Papa Perry's idea as well. As for scheduling. I just have a lot going on. I am working 7-5 and planning a wedding which means weekends are pretty packed unless someone wants to wake up at 8 am on Saturday and play.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm not big on switching teams in and out of different conferences...but...I'm a big "sim" guy and that just doesn't fall under that to me.

That said, I'll do whatever though....Big East sounds good

12. Papa Perry

Believe me, I don't like swapping them either. But if we do BCS busters, it would be better and easier to schedule user games than if we had 1 guy pick Boise and one guy pick TCU. They'll just dominate their conference games and it would be nearly impossible to get them the amount of user games the BCS conferences have. That's the only reason I suggested that

13. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I wouldn't mind being Boise, they would be fun to recruit with.

14. Papa Perry

Them or any of the BCS busters, I'd like possibly TCU. But we'll never know until more new guys join. C'mon guys join up let's get this thing rollin'

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm not sure if I qualify as a 'new' member. I've been here for a couple of months, and I have a concern that one of the dynasties I'm in may be dying off. If there is a need for people to join, I'd be interested.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

possibly, but you are making it sound likely you are already in 2 or more dynasties here. I want to open this to fill spots for people who don't already have a dynasty, first off.

17. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Bump for the night crew. C'mon guys lets get this going.

18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Fair enough, I didn't catch that in the original post, my bad.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's not in the original post. I'm looking to start up a solid dynasty for new members. What league are you in that you don't think is going to last, and how many dynasties are you in?

If you are a solid member, I have no issues with throwing you in here. This is going to be a good league, so I want people who are going to put in the same effort I do.

game recaps, forum activity, general interest in the OD, and aren't time consumed with multiple dynasties..

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

bump.....

21. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

How many people do we have interested? I think I counted 5 or 6

22. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I might be interested depending on the set up and whether or not I'll have time. I am in one league already, but I put a lot of work into game summaries and recruiting results.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm looking for people who have time, and are looking to make this their number one dynasty/priority.

That's what it takes to get a solid dynasty going. I'm not going to be hesitant in replacing people early on.

24. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I'am open to do any team really, I really do not care. Although Notre Dame is my favourite team.

I will be extremely active regardless.

25. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

That's the kind of people we need. I am in one other dynasty but I half ass it and by the time bowls are over I will be retiring.