3rd and 16...

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jms493, Dec 1, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

so we all know what I am talking about, at least I hope u do. You get that sack on 2nd down and put your opponent in a 3rd and long. Excellent position to be in. Well how many times do you get burnt on these 3rd and longs? I would rather it be 3rd and 4 IMO.

My question to the tradition masses is what defense would call and find to be effective against 3,4,5 WR set. I have just about had it in these situations. I am looking for help. I cant be the only chump here? Can I?

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I couldn't agree with you more.

The defensive line sucks and pressure is not there. For it to be that long the receivers take longer to get down field, but it doesn't seem to matter. I actually treat it like a 3 and 4. I try and bring pressure. Obviously the deep threat is there, but what can you do?

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Are you speaking of HUM vs. CPU games? If so, are you playing on Heisman?

Generally in that situation I will choose Dime Cover-3.

4. Gyrene76

I'm assuming user games. CPU i don't really have as much trouble, but Human are going to either look for the seam for zone coverage or hit you with a dig route on man.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Pry going to want to play zone, Cover 4, or Quarters. Back up the DBs, Pass Commit. Keep everything in front of you

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cover 3 seems like the best choice, but I get burnt too often with Cover 3, lots of times I may go with zone with man X. I agree with Hova using Cover 4 if want to play it safe, but I also like to bring the pressure with linebacker blitz

7. Gyrene76

The problem is the seam route is too open this year. So Cover 3 has greatly lost its effectiveness. Last year, Cover 3 was one of my favorite plays...I barely run it this year.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

vs human. cover 3 sucks and no pressure. dime man x can be raped on the right side deep. cover 4....leaves the middle wide open.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I run nickle cover 3, no defender in the flats and keep everything in front of me, I control the MLB or Safety and roam the middle.

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

I like to use the cover 3 out of the dime or Quarter package and have the Dline slant to the inside. like Cimmy said i try to keep everything in front of the defender. you will win some and lose some

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'll either bring pressure with a LB blitz out of the nickel and make the QB throw before the receivers can get downfield, or use cover 1 out of the 3-3-5 or maybe cover 3 in the dime

12. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Blitz 5 and pray. 3rd and 16 You could also try bringing a CB blitz and just try to get the QB to throw early.

13. Gyrene76

+1

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I like running either a CB blitz or 2 man under, user covering that inside slot/TE that usually runs the seam over the middle of the field. As long as I don't mess up the coverage with the 2 man under it works pretty well.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Good stuff guys....I will implement in next user battle. I will report back results with video.

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I hate it on 3 and 16 and the cpu brings an all out blitz vs 4 or 5 wr set. My slot guy, usually a TE, is open
    and gains at least 30-50 yards usually for a TD.

17. Gyrene76

yeah, CPU goes straight stupid in those situations. They never play deep zones or something smart

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I like cover 4 to take away the seams but if the qb buys enough time he can get guys open between the mid and deep zone. Pass commit helps. I also like to call dime man bring 5 and manually control the zone safty to stop the routes you think will beat you, or bring six and control the guy covering the HB to stop plays that can beat man. Also Dime cover 2 man with bump, pass commit, and coverage audible to the sideline you do not control the safty on.

Some one did this to me and I wonder if it works consistantly, they backed the coverage off then did bump again right before the snap the WR got bumped 10 yards down field and it was 5 seconds before my WR were running actual routes.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Dime Cover 1 Press. Aggressive Jump Snap. User control the MLB in zone and dare the user to throw that deep slant over the middle(you know he's looking for it;)).

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

that's smooth right there. Right in time too, I play perry in a few days :)

21. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm not gonna tell jms anything. I'll keep my tactics to myself til after we play

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

that sounds super cheesy

• Like Like x 1
  23. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Sounds like @Bl0ndeRedhead

24. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Indeed. I think aggressive jump snap is cheesy too.

25. Gyrene76

I agree, but if you are conscious that they are on it you can make it bite em'. Just quick snap and its a free 5 yards.