3rd NCAA '11 Patch On Horizon

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 1, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

3rd NCAA '11 Patch On Horizon

Post from Operation Sports. At work so I couldn't listen to their podcast.

[ame="http://osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440144"]3rd NCAA Patch[/ame]

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just read through the entire thread and didn't see any details. Will update this post when they drop.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, this was mentioned last night on the 2nd running of the OS radio show (which I was tuned in). Everyone is pretty surprised there is actually going to be a 3rd path for NCAA. But apparently the EA team has been working extremely hard this year to fix the headlining issues that have been addressed by the community (no specific patch details, yet). One can only hope this determination is mirrored by the EA Madden camp to address its issues by the time the full NFL season starts.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I haven't been playing NCAA that much so outside of the pump fake thing, what needs fixed? On OS they mentioned schedules and depth charts?

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Some of the CPU schedules have rivals missing or not enough conference games. And a couple of first year schedules are wrong.

Depth Charts- Not sure. I know every roster maker says they didn't touch the starting lineups but in every one of them their is someone completely out of position.

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

They need to fix the CPU running backs covering the ball when they are in the open field and no one is around them. I dont know if they can fix this in the patch but the CPU play calling is horrible. Running teams dont stick with the run and I just played Penn State a couple games ago where they passed three straight times from their own 2 yard line. But other then those im not sure if there are to many more major issues.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The problem with the depth charts is that they get completely screwed as the dynasty goes on (starting as early as year 2). Some people say that they see QBs starting @ WR, but I've only seen the backups (HB2, LT2, WR3, etc) screwed up. You'll see things like QBs as #3 WR, FBs as backup O-linemen, DBs as backup D-linemen, etc. I've even seen a 190lb WR as a backup O-lineman!

The problems with this are:
    • When you play these teams, they're easier to beat. Yes, that QB rates as a 70 OVR WR which is better than the true WR who's rated 69, but on the field, the QB doesn't play as well as the real WR
    • There's the belief that teams don't progress as well since the backups don't get to play (since out of position guys are taking their slots) so they don't progress. I did some tests on this and didn't notice anything conclusive.
    • There's the belief that this also screws up future recruiting but I never understood how.

8. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Are they going to fix awareness progression, or did patch 2 fix that?