4-1-3-2 Basic Tactics

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by PIG BOMB, Oct 18, 2011.

1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I threw this together this morning after thinking about last night's clubs matches.

IMO one of biggest weaknesses we have is the transition play from the defense to the midfield [or attack].
    Sometimes too many guys are running away from the ball looking for the long ball forward.
    It resembles a fast break NBA offense.

While this can work on occassion it can be more effective [and fun] to "build" an attack.
    At the same time it helps us keep possession which means the other team can't score because they don't have the ball.

-------------------------------------------

Below are some basic tactics and ideas for soccer newbs and novices.
    If it's not clear or easy to understand I can re-make these tactics later when I have more time.

The first topic I'll post about is basic pattern play to create crosses.
    Here we want to combine together to pass the ball down the field and cross it into the box to create scoring chances in front of goal.

I used the 4-1-3-2 formation which we played a bunch last night. The graphic below depicts a few options we can use to create crosses by making organized runs.

Feel free to ask questions or discuss.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

This post gave me a boner. Nice job PIG BOMB

I think the key takeaway here is to keep that diamond shape between three players so there are two outlets. That opens up the passing and allows the pressure to be taken off the man with the ball. Everyone should look at some of these movement patterns for ideas on runs. It's really great stuff.