4-2-5/3-3-5

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

4-2-5/3-3-5

Are any of you looking to use either of these as your base defense? I just want to know if Perry and I need to spend time game testing these defenses to determine if they will be allowed.

As an FYI to Shino and Pep, the 3-3-5 as a base defense was banned site wide last year. Some OD's allowed the 4-2-5, but many banned that one as well. There were too many issues with AI blocking not correctly accounting for the SS's.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I will not be using either of those.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm sticking with the 3-4/4-3

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll probably play around with each defense before dynasty but more likely I'll go with 4-3 or 3-4. I base it on my team's strengths and I doubt Ohio State will have personnel for 4-2-5 with the current rosters. Plus I know my team is loaded at LB so it wouldn't make sense at this point.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

It will depend on how the final roster looks for me but as of now doubt I'll use either

6. BDSDIGITAL

while we're on the topic:

My major concern isn't formations really it's game planning. In my personal opinion that was the gayest part of NCAA 10. The aggressive settings in particular but I think they were all kinda dumb. Will those be allowed?

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Nope..... Not many teams use them, and I will not either. If the O-Line blocks the 3-3-5 correctly this year, then I doubt many people will want to use the formation anyway as it's advantage will be taken away...

Maybe you guys won't need to spend any time testing.

8. Dru50

One of the things I plan on testing tomorrow (when I get the game and am off work all day - yay!) is game planning. In the demo I didn't notice a considerable advantage in using aggressive on anything over leaving it at default, but I need to see how it works for an entire game to be sure.

I also plan on looking at recruiting, from what I'm hearing it's plenty challenging on AA so maybe that's where we will start.

9. BDSDIGITAL

I'll be cramming in user games all night tomorrow so if you want to throw down dru (or anyone for that matter) just let me know.

10. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I will be using the 4-3 but Florida State does have some packages within their 4-3 for the 3-3-5 but I dont use it often if at all.

11. Dru50

I'm taking the day off, but hit me up when you get home, I'll be online.

12. Papa Perry

I'll be online to beat you dru

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Dru if you want to play during day tomorrow just let me know. I will be getting game tonight and I'm free most of tomorrow afternoon.

14. Dru50

Anybody want to help me test some recruiting tomorrow? I'd like to start an online test OD and blast through a couple years of recruiting to test out the CPU and how progression works. If we could get a few of us to spend a couple hours on it, one person could take a top team, one a mid-tier and one of us a lower tier team to see how difficult it is on various slider settings.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'd be down. I'll be available most of day till 6:00 PM and then back after 8. I do have to hit the gym but other than that I'm free from 10 AM till 6 PM EST.

16. Papa Perry

I'll be on to help also. Brave if you want we can try to get in some games if your gonna play some when you get home

17. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I should be home with the game, so I will be able to help

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am hoping the copy I ordered from EA is waiting for me when I get off work. If not I will be picking up at Midnight and returning EA copy to Gamestop in following days.

Either way I should be able to play a game tonight.

19. Papa Perry

Cool brave. You are on central time right?

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am on EST. I should still be on late tonight, depends how much energy I have after work today.

21. Papa Perry

Ok hopefully you will be on. Idk how long it will take me though. I just got word from my buddy that our local gamestops list has hit 60 players. And they decided not to cap it at 32 again this year. Thankfully though they are gonna have 2 360s and 2 PS3s running.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah it depends, if not I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to play before leagues start rolling out.

23. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Are we still doing this today??? Let me know, I just picked up the game a hour ago.

24. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Hey Dru I am down with the recruiting help if ya need it.