4-2-5 Defense

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

4-2-5 Defense

Alright, just putting this out there since I see a couple people with this as their defensive playbook.

This defense is NOT banned. It is legit. However, I ask that you guys be extremely mindful in how you use it. This defense already has 8 guys in the box and has a lot of speed on the field since it's basically a nickel package.

I don't want to see anybody crashing with the FS in this defense since in this formation, he is a safety valve and truly is the last line of defense.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

As soon everybody jumped on the 4-2-5 bandwagon, I have moved on to something else and I believe I will once again be a trend setter.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

When you say crash in, do you mean if I'm the safety and I read a run that I cannot come up to make the tackle? Just curious cuz I was thinking of hopping on the bandwagon...

4. GoGators

Exactly.

The 4-2-5 already has 8 in the box plus a speed advantage by having the 2nd SS on the field. Theoretically in this defense the only time the FS should tackle the RB is when he has cleared the LOS and is headed to pay dirt. In this defense he is the last line of defense and needs to be treated as so. Otherwise, crashing with the safety on runs with this defense is considered cheese in my book. It's no different than playing nickel show blitz against the run and crashing with the FS.

I won't allow it.

5. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Tell em why you really mad! Haha ill stick with the 4-3.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Some of the recruited safeties are slower than LB's. Or at least the same speed. I'm using 4-3 defense myself though

7. GoGators

The rule with the safeties is the same for all leagues. I've posted a sticky identifying the user controlled safety guidelines.

Let it be known that using any of the hybrid defenses will result in more scrutiny than using one of the traditional defenses as your base formation.