4-2-5

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by DigginGraves, Aug 25, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

4-2-5

There is a decent discussion on this right now in the Locker Room.

I found the past few user games I've had that this defense has almost been abused.... It stops the run and puts pressure on the QB way too fast IMO.

Anyone else think so? I dont think we need to ban it or anything... but I also think you shouldn't be allowed to use it every play....

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I don't run with the 4-2-5, but have used Nickel Strong some, which is essentially the same alignmnent, but I throw that out when there are 3 or more WR's.

So far I haven't run into a problem with opponents running with it. Always something to keep an eye on.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I agree with Law. If its 3rd & long & I know you have to throw & you have 4 or 5 WRs on the field, I'm using it.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The 4-2-5 against 4-5 WR sets can be exploited though. The matchups of a WR against a LB is to the offense's advantage.

Also, 4-2-5, is very weak against the run, at least it can be.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

as a base defense, its kinda dicey unless thats what your personnel calls for, i mena if you only have two really solid linebackers and your secondary is nuts.. cool.... but if you are running it simple because of the speed involved..... ahh....

either way, against a 4 wide set, a LB is matched up on a WR... which is not good for the defense....