4-2-5

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Keller, May 13, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You guys thoughts on the 4-2-5 defense? I know in 10 it was considered cheesy and was banned, what's your guys' take on it this year? With the supposed upgrades to it this season, do you guys envision banning it again for 12?

I'm a huge supporter of it, but don't want ruffle feathers. It takes some time to really run it well but when you have the athletes to pull it off its just fantastic.

Where do you guys stand on changing player positions as well? I read the current rules and it states there are no restrictions for DB's - do you guys envision that the same way?

I ask because, and maybe I'm alone in this I'm not sure, the 4-2-5 really requires great play at the 2 SS positions. You could argue that puts a higher demand on SS's and thus you may want to sort of limit how people are moving around people back there. I think the freedom is nice personally, being able to take a good tackling corner whos maybe a little bit slower and better in zone than man to man and putting him at SS. I'm just seeing where you guys stand I suppose - also just trying to spark up some conversation.

Looking forward to '12 - thats for sure.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I dint have a problem with the 4-2-5. Honestly, every defense can be exploited but TCU CPU is pretty damn tough. I think once we get our hands on the game we will be able to really see any rules that need to be established or reworked.

Also excited for you to join!

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

whoa whoa when did we let keller in? are we allowing just anybody to join?

Keller good to have you in the league. it should be a fun yr. i never really had a problem with the 4-2-5, but i think the people who did will have bigger problem with them fixing coverages and stuff making it even more powerful..

4. Keller

Its not official yet but unofficially I will be joining and I'm very pumped to be apart of the best league on the entire site.

I pretty much agree its going to depend on the game and the plays and AI and such.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Its official now, welcome Keller! As far as the 4-2-5, I've never really used it and wasn't big into online dynasties in NCAA 10 when it was a problem. I've always liked the package, but just never tried using it since I wasn't really sure how using it would be viewed. I don't think there will be a problem with it in 12 though, but like you all said we'll have to wait and see.

6. Keller

Looking forward to mixing it up with you guys.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It was much more of a problem before. We will just have to see how it plays revamped.

It has weaknesses, my huge issue is with how it plays was being able to put so many people in the box while being able to cover everything. Running outside the B gaps was essentially impossible without using a pulling G every time.

I'm a little worried about the defensive improvements in this years game. I don't know, maybe that's the pessimist in me. I fear that zone is going to make LBs even more crazy powerful, sort of like 09. We will see.

I love the 4-2-5. It's the defense I probably know the best. I hope it's something that can be usable on the site again.