#4 LSU @ #5 Georgia

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Jul 31, 2009.

?

What's going to happen

1. Helli's gonna mash Ryno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Helli's gonna squeek it out

14.3%
  3. Ryno's gonna gore Helli

71.4%
  4. Ryno by a nose

14.3%
  1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

#4 LSU @ #5 Georgia

Does this even need a write up?

#8 Offense vs. #2 Defense

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Can Ryno be the first person to beat Helli in a user game in an OD???

I say yes.

Ryno is feeling good about this game. Helli is still messing around on the see-saw. I believe Helli can still play tough defense. It will be his offense that will make or break it for him. Remember 8 min quarters is a long time....anything can happen.

It took me about 3 quarters before I was able to move the ball against Miami last night....if Helli keeps it close he will learn how to sneak his way back in.

I say Ryno gets round 1 here!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Just remember I dont think there is a person in this league that will try as hard as Helli to figure out a ways win and recruit. While he might stuggle now, it wont last forever.

Therefore get your wins while he is still in Preseason mode!!

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i will say this...

this is my first real opportunity to roll against the big boys WITH a big boy. I'll be interested to see if i can stack up this season with a top flight team. I gave alot of scares to guys in '09 but couldn't consistently get over the hump.

was that the team or the player?... i guess tonight we start to find out.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

nevermind..it's at helli, sticking with my prediction of georgia close (TD or less win)

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Difference of course is one team has played a couple of actual opponents, while the other team found their opponents in the bakery aisle of their local super market ...

7. BlyGilmore

Helli was 0-2 against me in the Tradition last year. If nobody else beat him it clearly shows the cream of the Big Ten wasn't around to police him.

Anyway, I think having that HvH game under his belt is going to help Helli. He's got confidence heading into this one knowing he's legit. Ryno, on the other hand, hasn't played anybody of note yet and has to be wondering if he's really the number 8 offense or was just playing some glorified FCS schools.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Should be a lot of fun. Have you figured out when you can play, and is it tonight?

I don't know what you mean... Do you mean THIS OD? I was beat plenty of times last time... just not lately.

There are some keys to this game that I'm thinking about and I can see certain things making/breaking the game for me. Holliday being out hurts a bit, for some very specific reasons that I won't get into.

I don't think I try harder than anybody else. i hope I don't. I see you guys in practice mode before your games, sometimes I have time for that, other times I don't. I'm in 2 leagues total - that's more than you, but less than a lot of others. Yeah I put thought into my gameplan, I hope you all are doing the same. I'm both insulted and complimented by this statement! lol :D

This is one of the things that cracks me up about the football games in general is how it's styles. I had a LOT of trouble with you. No easy wins at all... In fact you felt hosed both times (is there a guy in our league that takes a loss harder than you? One time you didn't even hit me up with the "gg" afterwards lol)

Against Ramirez I pulled one out and then creamed him the second time. I honestly don't think you came close to him in any game you two played last year. And I would say that along with you and I he had one of the three least "powerhouse"ish teams

aight got a vote

Teehee... I don't know which is which but that's funny either way. My opponents have certainly played like cupcakes...

I don't think I've played a HvH game yet have I? Maybe you're thinking of
    S. Car or Ark. but neither are a user team.

Here's ma schedule.

2009 Schedule
    WK Opponent Date/Time Result Coverage
    1 @ #9 Oklahoma State 09/05/09
    2 South Carolina 09/12/09
    3 @ Arkansas 09/19/09
    4 Arizona State 09/26/09
    5 #5 LSU 10/03/09
    6 @ Tennessee 10/10/09
    7 @ Vanderbilt 10/17/09
    9 #1 Florida 10/31/09
    10 Bethune-Cookman 11/07/09
    11 Auburn 11/14/09
    12 Kentucky 11/21/09
    13 @ #18 Georgia Tech 11/28/09

BOLD = Conference Games
    RED = Rivalry Game

Report generated by AViD Dynasty Manager Copyright© 2004-2009 Paul Cook, All Rights Reserved

Anyway Bly.... You played me when my team was pretty atrocious. Of course, Michigan was no powerhouse at that time either, other than in recruiting. I took some keys from you and was impressed with your style of play. Definitely learned from it. Do I think you would have stopped me in the end? If Rusty couldn't do it.... (n)

9. BlyGilmore

I'm not really sure "if Rusty coudln't" means much ;-) Rusty also had to grab my team to have any success. Muhahahaha.

Sorry I took "It took me about 3 quarters before I was able to move the ball against Miami last night...." as you and JMS played a league game last night.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we played in the Fiesta Bowl, he scored on the last play of the game on a miracle pass to his HB in the endzone to send it to OT...

3 OT's later he won.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I did get hosed... the phantom fumble in game 1... 14 point swing, and then the bullshit 3rd and 17 you converted in the 2nd game to pull it out of your ass..
    you ;)

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Aaah, o.k. That's good.

I still think it's just funny how the styles match up. Steelah gives me the game of my life everytime I play him, and took a bit more of a beating against other people. JMS couldn't hack BBJ whatsoever (0-3), I played BBJ once and it wasn't even a close game. (to be fair BBJ's team was at one of its low points by then)

The way you played me I can't believe you didn't win a title, A&M or no. I mean you consistently out recruited everybody.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and you can take your "Ryno by a nose" vote and stuff it in your sandbag....:p

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I take the process of losing (like while I'm getting my arse kicked) as hard as anybody... I'd say equal to Rusty. Me and him are at the top. In fact I think the way I act is embarrassing. But afterwards I'm happy for the other guy. I'm not gonna say that for you or Russ. :)

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes the different styles are great. I beat up Ryno twice but helli Struggles. I beat up Va Steel twice and helli struggles.

BBJ Kicks my ass 3 times........Helli pounds him!!

I beat Bly both times and Helli loses to Bly each time....lol

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

And Helli hasnt lost an OD game in like 3-4 months!!!

17. BlyGilmore

lol you should have seen back in the day when Ryno and I played. Folks used to start talking about upcoming matchups for a good week in advance - and whoever lost didn't talk to the other one for like a week.

it was made worse by the games never being close. we both finished around .500 historically, but almost every game was one team stepping on the other teams neck.

18. BlyGilmore

IMO that's why this shit is fun. if it was predictable and everybody knew who was going to win every game it'd be boring as hell.

instead matchups, how you contruct your team and your game plan matter.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This season is very interesting......if I had to bet on who will finish #1.......I couldn't. I have no idea. We will probably have a user vs cpu BCS game. I will he crazy impressed if someone goes undefeated this season!

20. BlyGilmore

I'm going undefeated man. mark my words!

oh wait ...

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL.

If I had to guess, it will be Mo. he has already won two close ones, and I can see him playing downhill in however many games he has left. Also, I'm on his schedule but will probably be on vacation at that time. One thing I know is, it ain't gonna be me because of my vacay.

I'm just glad that I will have time to play Rusty before I go. I told him he might get a free win and he said "I hope so." Pinche descarado!

I know I'd rather face a guy and lose than beat up on his team while he's gone. lol

22. jfosh

jfosh Super

Mansfield may never be the same after this one. This is Ryno's chance to step up and take control of SEC.

LSU will have to play a solid game (they get one mistake/turnover) because Georgia is not going to give the ball away. They will control the ball and pick their spots. I just have this funny feeling about a fumble in the swap deciding the outcome. A scoop and score that puts the game away.

LSU 31 Georgia 21

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

WHO DAT!!!

[YOUTUBE]9rFx6OFooCs[/YOUTUBE]

24. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Lots o talk about me in this thread. Why dont chall myofb.

Does Ryno have a big nose?

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

No.

----------