#4 LSU @ #5 Georgia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

#4 LSU @ #5 Georgia

The Tigers rolled into Bulldawg country looking to stake a claim to early SEC dominance. They left with their tales between their legs. Georgia was the stronger team tonight and left little doubt that despite coach Hellisan's best Lou Holtz routine, they are still the team to beat around these parts.

The first half was everything you would expect from these two powerhouse teams. Both offenses were effective from 20 to 20, but both settled for a FG on one of their first two posessions. A big stand at the one by Georgia, sacking the QB before he could hand the ball of to his HB stopped LSU's opening drive. LSU's blitzing pressure forced Georgia into a long down and distance in the redzone and held them to a FG. But the other drives for both teams ended in touchdowns after grinding drives.

The game would go into the half 17-13 Georgia.

LSU got the 2nd half kickoff and started mounting another drive... when on 2nd and 7, coach Ryno called for some gadgetry with a HB pass... it did not go well. "We hadn't really repped it much in practice, it just felt right for the situation.. i don't know, i will probably 2nd guess myself for a long time on that one" said the coach in the media room after the game.... "When your playing a team like Georgia, you have to pull out all the stops... but i think i might have pulled the plug that sank the ship on that one"..

Georgia picked off the errant throw and quickly capatilized pushing the score out to 24-13. LSU and their Soph QB were feeling the pressure on the next drive. What looked like an open TE deep turned into an INT by the CB that was in coverage on the WR... Jefferson did not put enough loft on the ball to get over intermediate traffic and the CB came off his coverage and made the play on the football.

Georgia scored quickly again and for all intent and purpose.. game over.

The game did lock on us midway through the 4th... so Helli is playing the CPU.

GG.. LSU has a long way to go to be considered any type of threat in the loaded SEC>

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks Ryno, nice writeup.

The game was just one 3rd down conversion after the other in that first half. We couldn't get you off the field. I was almost happy that the player fatigue thing is broken, otherwise Scott would have killed a couple of my players.

LSU was tackled in the backfield on a 3rd and 1 from the 1-yard line as the QB couldn't get the ball to the HB on an all-out blitz. Ryno was frustrated with that, and he let it translate into his playcalling after that IMO.

To add insult to injury, free safety Wes Bryant was invited to the game by Richt since beating the #1 team on his list (LSU) seemed the only logical way to woo him. he signed.