48 Hour Advances?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 27, 2012.

?

So?

1. Switch to 48

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Stay 72

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hear me out first here I know some of your instant reactions are no..

After this past week and how quick we were flying, I really think we are fully capable of handling 48 hour advances in this league. I wasn't sure how tough it would be (all users in one conference) as far as getting games in, but it really looks like we should be able to handle this fine.

Positives: Get deeper into the dynasty, no more 72 hour bye weeks, and overall I think we would get sucked into the league more (by that I mean having a feel for whats going on around the league). I know we have some guys in a couple leagues, and so far they have handled it fine for the most part -- I'm not big on guys being in more than a couple, but some can handle it and the ones that can't figure it out fairly quick.

So while I know initially a lot of you are going to not like this idea, but really two days to find an hour of free time isn't that much to ask I don't think. Are there going to be times every once and a while where you just plain can't make it? Sure, but it's just a game after all. Would there be exceptions where we could look to extend the time? I'm sure it would happen- but I certainly wouldn't let it become a habit. IMO, 3 days is an excessive amount of time.

So, without further ado- let's buck up and move up to 48 hour advances.

aarondramp
    Hokie Effect
    fuzzyl0gic
    Philstyle3005
    BPHusker
    sawemoff
    Steamer43
    dj illmatic 23
    -Cougars-
    Kapono
    sreese

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I say stick with the 48/72 for a couple of reasons. One, everyone keeps a fast pace upon the initial release, but it's not realistic for the long haul. Nothing new is out right now, whether we're talking another sports game or any other genre. Madden, NBA2K, FIFA, and NHL all drop in the next few months which will pull people's available time away from NCAA. Second, personally speaking, I'm on summer vacation which makes it easy to get games in now. I'm back to work on the 13th of August which will obviously change my availability. That game me and Steamer got in the other night at midnight on a week night won't be an option in a couple weeks. If we finish early, that's great. However, I don't think expecting a consistent 48 hour turn around on user games for the entire cycle is realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I say hard 48 hour advances. You see the pace we are moving at currently and nobody is complaining. Why switch from something that everybody is enjoying right now, fast advances. Look at all the other leagues around here people are in season 2, deep into season 1, hell some people are almost in offseason already. They are just flying by on their advances and I want to do the same. Like Kasper said finding 1 hour of free time shouldn't be difficult unless you are out of town of some sort. That's my 2 cents. Also dj illmatic 23 what is realistic about advancing?

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well this is a year round commitment - you know that though I think. Just because some new games come out doesn't mean we are slowing down around here. I don't think you meant it as literally as I am replying, but there it is.

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

The length of the commitment has nothing to do with the pace. I guarantee none of these other OD's flying through seasons will be able to sustain that pace for the cycle for the reasons I listed above.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It's better to knock out these fast advances before all this stuff takes place.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

And I can guarantee you you're wrong- plenty of OD's on the site maintain a 48 hour advance- some keep it 24 year round.

I know what I'm talking about Dj.

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Yes, but this stuff will take place. Nothing's kept us or will keep us from advancing early when everyone's done. Why create an unrealistic expectation that will either constantly be broken or we'll have to come back and change again later? We're keeping a great pace now with the rule we have now. To quote Kasper in another thread,"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Let me re-phrase my point, because I think it's being misunderstood. I'm not saying a 48 hour hard advance is impossible. What I'm saying is we're basing our OD's ability to advance at that pace on what we've done so far. That is unrealistic. Almost every OD keeps a break-neck pace in the beginning, because the game is new and there's nothing else released during the summer. I've seen the most ill-conceived, doomed to fail OD's keep a fast advance pace in the beginning. If we come to November and we've consistently kept this pace, then I think it would be realistic to change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Voted for staying with a 72 hour user advance and 48 hour CPU advance

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

72 it is

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I actually voted for 72 without really thinking about the situation of people should be taking this as year round regardless of what game that comes out. Anyway I can switch my vote? Becauseuse last year I came I. Late and we were on a 48 hour advance I believe and almost always advanced early with zero problems.