48 hour rule penalty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

48 hour rule penalty

I know we have a warning system in place for not signing players within 48 hours. With our recent change to the free agency cap hit for cuts, though, we may cause people to just "forget" to sign players and try to sign the player for cheaper (Braylon Edwards comes to mind quickly, as well as Aaron Ross).

What I propose as a penalty for the 48 hour rule is that the owner takes a cap hit equal to the overall value minimum of the player signed.

Example: I win the bid for Antonio Bryant, 86 overall (8 points I think normally). I win the bid for 35 points (which I did lol). I want to see if I can maybe get him cheaper, so I wait 48 hours and "lose" my rights to him. Under current rules, all I get is a warning. No offense, but no biggie.

My idea would add an 8 point cap hit to my book for failing to sign a guy I won via bid.

I think 48 hours is enough time, but if this seems too short for such a severe penalty, then lengthen the time to sign a player to 72 hours (3 days is enough time I think), but after 72 hours if the player isn't signed, a cap hit of the player's overall value minimum is taken.

Make sense? I throw that to a debate. :)

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I like it. If others approve, then I'll plug it in. actually YOU can plug it in and let everyone know of the change since you have the admin rights LOL

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like the idea, but I think we need to tweak it a bit.

If I win CB- Ross for 45 points, I could just wait 72 hours and then take an 8 point cap hit. Presumably by then all the teams would have run out of room to bid on him, so I could use that strategy to just cut him loose then sign him for cheaper as nobody will have the cap space.

I dunno, maybe I worry too much. But if I can see the loophole then I know others will.

I'd say we just force anybody you 'sign' to be on your roster (commish does it if you don't). Period, end of discussion. If you want to release them, you take a cap hit as described in the new rules.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I think you should take the cap hit winuvas declared and your are no longer allowed to bid on that player for that year.

5. natedawg212000

i would be fine with that. i'd need help staying on top of it, but we can say after 48 hours we will do the releasing and signing ourselves.

6. natedawg212000

hum. thats an interesting idea too claven.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah I didn't think about that loophole Dunlap. Good catch.

So force signings. I am good with that too. Muahahahahahahaha......

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, Nate, about this admin thing....

I noticed you have added to the original title of threads the team that won and points. I apparently am ignorant and have yet to figure out how to do it.

Care to tell me? I locked two bids and would have added winner and points but couldn't figure out how. Me dumb guy. :)

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have thought all along that any player won in FA HAD to be signed or you take penalty per our FA rules..IMO, this is the best way. Zero tolerance and keeps the door for people cheating the system shut..

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

good idea. although i think if you win a bid no matter what you have him on the team no tolerance...

11. natedawg212000

you double click in the square of the thread but not on the link of the thread.