49ers Hang Around, But Fall to Titans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

San Francisco 49ers (3-4) vs Tennessee Titans (5-2)
    Nahville, TN -- It was a game in which the 2nd ranked Tennessee Titan defense clamped down like a great white shark during mating season. (What? I don't know. But it sounded cool.) The Titan defense was no doubt the storyline in this ball game. They forced the 49er offense into repeated three and outs to start the ball game, and had a pretty good game plan going in. "With Colin out we wanted to make B.J. (Daniels) beat us", Coach Munchak said. "We know how talented of a runner they have in Frank Gore, so we right away wanted to limit his abilities against us". They did in fact do just that. In fact, the 49er offense failed to move the ball into Titan territory until about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. From there, however; it was almost disaster for the Titans. The ice cold San Francisco offense all of a sudden became red hot and their hurry up offense could not be stopped. Down 16-0 in the 4th quarter, B.J. led his team down the field and RB Frank Gore punched it in from 5 yards out with about 5 minutes remaining. They then would successfully complete the 2 point conversion thanks to RB Kendall Hunter. On their next possession the Titans would eat some clock, but only get 3 points out of the drive. 19-8 Titans. With under 2 to play the 49ers would get the ball and make the best of it. Once again led by the young Daniels, the 9ers would march right down on the once dominate Titan defense thanks to their no huddle offense. Daniels would eventually find Michael Crabtree in the endzone, and after another successful 2 point conversion found themselves down 19-16 under 10 seconds to play. On the ensuing onsides kick, the 49ers would recover the ball! It left 1 second left on the clock and a hail mary attempt to win it. That, however; was intersepted by Khalid Wooten sealing the game for the Titans 19-16.

Next Up: The 49ers (3-4) will travel to Jacksonville for another east coast matchup to take on the surging Jaguars (2-5). Winners of their last two, Jacksonville is trying to right the ship before all hope is lost on the season. The 9ers will look to end a slide after they started the season very promising. The Titans (5-2) are on a bye, and will be enjoying the a** kicking that LSU gives Georgia this weekend! (y)

[​IMG]
    Gore tries to break a run outside on the defense.

[​IMG]
    Titans defense celebrate after a stop on 3rd down.

GG Ninersfan80 ... good luck the rest of the way!

• Like Like x 4
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win Loren. Good recap.

[​IMG]

LOL

• Like Like x 3
  3. heathh

heathh Walk On

The Titans (5-2) are on a bye, and will be enjoying the a** kicking that LSU gives Georgia this weekend! (y)

Whoa!!! No Need to bring real world into your fantasy land! #GoDawgs

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Mettenberger gonna have some sweet revenge in Athens!!!! #GEAUXTigahs!

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

Its gonna be a good one for sure. So we shall see!
    #ThatDawgWillBiteYou

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I can't believe the luck I had in this game lol. Dropped 3rd down passes, you fumbling the ball right out of bounds, you fumbling again and recovering, injuries. I couldn't catch the break I needed with a back up QB and 2/5 of my O-line hurt. You were tough, couldn't stop the run and had some key 3rd down conversions. Good game, wish we could play again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Im always down for a scrim! d; )