4th and goal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DerrrFree22, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

4th and goal

SDid22 and I were in a 7-7 tie in the 1st Quarter and I had the ball 1st and goal from the 5. He held me 3 straight times.

I decided to go on 4th and goal from my 2 1/2 yard line and scored.

I guess this was a violations of rules - I went for it mostly because if I didn't get it, he was deep in his own territory and I really wanted to be the aggressor.

In all honesty, I consider this "straight" play - but if this is a violation of rules I will accept a warning and I won't do it again. I didn't really feel it was a bad decision. SDid22 was not mad - he just asked if I read the rules and was a true gentlemen about it.

Feedback wanted.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i know this isn't my OD, im not in it anymore. but these things should always be handled through pm with the commish and other player.

Not trying to start anything...jus saying it would be better to continue this whole convo through pm

on ur ? though....i think the widely accepted rule is 4 and 1 or inches

3. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

SDid22 and I already talked about it - he is a nice guy.

Mostly - I am asking WHY it is a violation. This isn't anything out of the norm like going for it on your own 35 yard line is - or something along those lines.

This was just an aggressive decision that many "real" coaches make.

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

yea i gotcha....on that ?...idk its what we go by lol, i just follow em

5. DerrrFree22

DerrrFree22 Guest

I read all the rules, I just thought it was more "play straight" on 4th downs and I wouldn't always go for it in that situation - but I have a power RB and he was fatigued on 2nd and 3rd down and when I saw he was ready to go, then I went.

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

It is impossible to set the rules to outline every possible situation in the game. The rules we have setup are generally more guidelines for general situations..

When it comes to an in-game situation you have to ask yourself, is this something I would see done on Saturdays? Obviously if you are going for it on 4th and 10, up by 2 scores, that is not realistic.

Going for 4th and goal is slightly more common, but even that is a stretch depending on the yardage (For the First Qtr - 2 1/2 yard line seems like a realistic agressive play call to me).. If you are close to the goal line on 4th down and elect to go for it, at least pause the game and let your oppponent be aware of your intentions of going for it to avoid a blow up if they come out in FG Block, and you come out in a Goal Line Dive..

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

If you are playing an user game, and the guy against you is doing anything against the TF rules.. Send them a PSN message and tell them to cut it out.. (i.e. they blitz you on every play, run the option 4 times in a row, drops the qb back 15 yards, etc..)

If the issue is still not resolved, save a video/picture highlight of it and send it to me.. I can't comment to another person that they are breaking the rules without proof of it.. You can review many highlights after the game has finished.. or you can pause mid-game to snatch a highlight..

If someone presents me video proof of you cheesing, and it affects the outcome of the game, you will get a sim-loss and a stern warning.. If the level of cheese is serious enough and/or you are a repeat rule breaker.. you will be booted from the league...

also as BK pointed out.. if there is an issue about rules/gameplay/etc.. please bring them to me.. if it a situation that needs a group discussion i will make a post and we can all talk about it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.