4th and Long COACH PROFILES

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by XWarriorMonk, Dec 15, 2012.

1. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Hey guys, I want to be able to bring this league to a new level and allow each coach to become more aware of who they will be playing each week. This will not only allow each coach to familiarize themselves with who they are playing, but will also bring rivalries and close match-ups the feel of real life grudge matches alive. This will also allow for our coaches to become more interested in paying close attention to other coaches threads and post about games, which in turn will make the leagues longevity last longer and have many successful season ahead. Therefore if you will just follow the following format below and post what you feel is necessary, then we can get this league some more inspiration and action packed game play going. Thanks! :D

Format:

(If you could insert and picture of yourself so other coaches could get a grasp on who they are playing that would be great. Of course it is not required but would make it more interesting. OH and no inappropriate photos please :eek:.)

Name:

City/ State:

Interesting Facts About Yourself:

Other Gaming Types:

Style of Player You Are:

Favorite NFL Team:

Favorite NFL Player:

2. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

425327_10150714682430056_1189317555_n.jpg
    (sorry for the huge size of this picture)
    Name: Troy Harris

City/ State: Portales, NM

Interesting Facts About Yourself: College football player, I am in the middle of a transfer from a small school back to the place I consider my true home.... Pennsylvania....Steeler fan, not Eagles.

Other Gaming Types: Love first person shooters, (Call of Duty, Halo, Etc.) Other sports games. If you guys ever wanna play a game of call of duty with someone from the league, hit me up.

Style of Player You Are: I play conservative balanced offense, and aggressive defense. Swarm to the ball.... Defense DOES win championships.

Favorite NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Favorite NFL Player: Jerome Bettis

• Like Like x 2
  3. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

24867_105742419449901_6622164_n.jpg Name: Jason Shorter

City/ State: Atlanta GA.

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Iam Shipping Clerk For Convergent Media Systems (A Company Owned BY Sony Electronics) I am also a successful Little League Coach with a 88 and 6 record lifetime and 3 championships

Other Gaming Types: Just Sports Baby

Style of Player You Are: Just like my reallife coaching I am offensive minded but can still shock u with smothering defense ( offense sell tickets but defense win championships)

Favorite NFL Team: Atlanta Falcons

Favorite NFL Player: My Cousin Patrick Willis

• Like Like x 3
  4. SAINTSNATION

SAINTSNATION Walk On

536061_3298383224327_1921903475_n.jpg
    Name: Troy Turnbaugh

City/ State: Portales, NM

Interesting Facts About Yourself: I am from Colorado Springs, CO origanally and I have been in the Army before. I was medically discharged and am now persuing a degree in criminal justice. I also used to play Quarterback at Rio Rancho High School, and New Mexico Military Institute.

Other Gaming Types: I love First Person Shooters (Call of Duty, and Halo), I also play League of Legends on the Computer

Style of Player You Are: I am an aggresive player that also takes the time to watch what the other players style is to try and work aroung them.

Favorite NFL Team: New Orleans Saints

Favorite NFL Player: Drew Brees

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: Carlos Vicens

City/ State: Orlando, FL

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Graduated with Master's in Criminal Justice at UCF, now work for the Department of Children and Families as a child protective investigator.

Other Gaming Types: FIFA, NCAA, and Halo 4 are my rotation of games right now (along with Madden of course)

Style of Player You Are: I always get complements on being very "sim". I am a defensive coach which is difficult to do with Madden but my history with these online franchises makes me confident that I am one of the better defensive play callers out there. Hell in every league I've ever been a part of, I am ALWAYS ranked in the top 3 in defense. The flip side of that is I am usually in the bottom 5 in total offense lol. This basically means that I make it to the playoffs as a wild card. Interesting thing is, for the first time I'm actually a team that is good on paper. When I join leagues I have always been stuck with a team like the Bucs, Raiders, or the Jags. Going to be fun having a real QB in Eli. Can't wait to get this league started.

Favorite NFL Team: San Francisco 49ers

Favorite NFL Player: Patrick Willis

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

[​IMG]

Name: Mike Fisher

City/ State: Cold Spring, NY

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Just graduated college with Sports Management degree, work in movie theater where I actually enjoy it, interned for a minor league baseball franchise this summer, we won New York Penn League Championship.

Other Gaming Types: Really anything, CoD, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, NBA 2k13

Style of Player You Are: I like to believe I'm very sim, I usually don't like to call the same offensive play twice in a game, if I do it's never more than 3-4 times and never without going a long period of time without using it. Mostly I like to us as many different plays in the playbook that I can and I like to use all my receivers. My philosophy on offense would be run the ball as much as possible, but don't allow the run to kill drives. I can get into trouble on offense if I start coming out in shotgun a lot. Tend to make more mistakes from the gun. On defense I like to stop the run as best as possibly to force opponents into third and longs where I'm confident I can get stops. I usually will only call about 5-10 plays on defense in a given game, cycling between them and I'll mix in a couple trick defenses here or there, nothing unsim though...

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys

Favorite NFL Player: DeMarcus Ware

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

[​IMG]
    Name: Dan Koziar
    City/ State: Sudbury, Ontario (Canada)
    Interesting Facts About Yourself: Have a 14 year old son who is a big football player (plays o-line and d-line. just turned 14 and already six foot and 250). Lifelong Jets and Bills fan. Also a huge CFL fan (go Alouettes!) I'm a bit of a musician (play the guitar and piano) and enjoy a variety of music from contemporary pop to classical. I'm a teacher and work primarily with special needs students. Best job in the world!
    Other Gaming Types: Enjoy MMOs (Secret World, Champions Online, WoW)
    Style of Player You Are: Try to keep as true to life as possible. I've always been fond of a smash mouth style of football focused on the run and aggressive defense. While I know this isn't the type of game typically favored in the NFL right now, I like to play Madden the way I like to watch football played - run, clock control and good defensive play.
    Favorite NFL Team: NY Jets
    Favorite NFL Player: My favorite current player would probably be Ray Lewis because he exemplifies what I think is great about the NFL - hard hitting, iron will and determination. Favorite player of all time would have to be Merlin Olsen. The guy was hard, insane on the field but a good all around person. To me, he exemplifies the qualities a good player should have. Also have to throw a shout out to Mike Alstott. He was my favorite player when he was with the Bucs...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

00abc.jpg

David Womack
    Age 41
    I'm a sim player....don't really play anything other than Madden and don't follow pro ball. I'm really a college fan IRL but don't enjoy playing NCAA.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

10. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Name: Shane Varno

City/ State: Deltona, Florida

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Currently Studying computer electronics love football

Other Gaming Types: CoD is about it.

Style of Player You Are: Like that pass game but like 2 stay balanced.

Favorite NFL Team: New England patriots

Favorite NFL Player: Tom Brady!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jager Bombb

Jager Bombb Walk On

Name: Cam Jones

City/ State: New York, NY

Interesting Facts About Yourself: I'm a 22 year old student in a doctoral program in NY. I play club soccer most weekends as a midfielder. Other than that I'm a huge Miami Dolphins fan and am accustomed to heartbreak each season.

Other Gaming Types: I play other big titles on the 360 such as FIFA, Halo, and CoD. I also play some games on the computer like Borderlands 2, DayZ, Far Cry 3, and Football Manager.

Style of Player You Are: I believe I take a balanced approach to playing offense and I love to spread the ball around. I also place a heavy emphasis on pass defense and zone blitzes.

Favorite NFL Team: Miami Dolphins

Favorite NFL Player: Ricky Williams

• Like Like x 2
  12. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  13. sploofdogg

sploofdogg Walk On

Name: Chuck Galfsky

City/State: Knoxville, TN

Facts: Favorite NFL team is Rams, NBA Grizzlies.

Other Gaming: Sports betting, NBA 2k13

Style of Madden Player: I would like to run it all three downs. My defense will suffocate you.

Favorite NFL Team: Rams

Favorite NFL Player: Steven Jackson, doesn't get near the credit he is due. #1 runningback of 2005-

• Like Like x 1
  14. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

1.jpg

My father and I on senior night. I started at QB in for my high school.

Name: Nik M
    City/ State: Omaha, NE

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Started at QB in high school. Huge Nebraska football fan. I go to every home game and some away games.

Other Gaming Types: Right now I am playing Madden, COD Black Ops II, and NBA 2K13

Style of Player You Are: I am a new style of coach. Who says the spread option can't work in the NFL? I love locking down teams defensively.

Favorite NFL Team: Cincinnati Bengals, no pro teams in Nebraska so you gotta pick one and stick with them.
    Favorite NFL Player: Right now, RGIII. Of all time, Brett Favre, he just made playing the game look fun. Best athlete of all time in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  15. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

16. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

[​IMG]

Me and DeAngelo Williams at Football Camp

Name: Dan Harris

City/State you reside in: Memphis TN

What defines you as you? My kids

What other interests do you have besides sports gaming? Music, computers

What style of player are you? Pass oriented offense, run to open up the pass

What style of coach are you? Old school, hard nose Lombardi strategist

Favorite NFL team, and why: Packers. Grew up in Wisconsin where it's Packers, God, family in that order.

Favorite NFL player, and why: Clay Matthews..'cause he is a BEAST!

• Like Like x 2
  17. BLACKJ414

BLACKJ414 Walk On

Name: Jeremy Black
    City/ State: Milwaukee, WI

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI. I'm a 22 year old student currently working on a degree in Biomedical Technology. Packers/Brewers/Heat fan. Duke/Wisconsin in College B-ball and Football.

Other Gaming Types: I play a variety of different games. I enjoy Skyrim, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Call Of Duty, Gears Of War, Halo, Killzone, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, NBA 2K, MLB The Show, Fallout, Saints Row, WWE games,... Grand Theft Auto is my favorite franchise though.

Style of Player You Are: Very Simple. Balanced offense (may lean toward the pass attack depending on the team I'm using) , aggressive defense.

Favorite NFL Team: Green Bay Packers
    Favorite NFL Player: Aaron Rodgers

• Like Like x 2
  18. arcorley

arcorley Walk On

Name: Austin Corley

City/ State: Detroit, MI

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. Just recently moved to MI to take a job and be with my fiancee as she starts a graduate program here. Huge Cowboys fan, also like the Phoenix Suns, Arizona D'Backs, and Arizona State teams for college sports.

Other Gaming Types: I mainly stick to sports games, but I also play some Call of Duty MW3 occasionally.

Style of Player You Are: Obviously this changes depending on what is happening in the game, but I'd prefer to control the ball on offense. I believe running the ball is important and keeping the defense off the field.

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys

Favorite NFL Player: DeMarco Murray

19. DaGap25

DaGap25 Walk On

NAME: Ty Grzebielski

City/State: Omaha, Nebraska

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF: Born and raised in Omaha, I bleed Husker Red.
    Expecting a baby girl in May with my GF of two years. Build and repair swimming pools
    For a living. Love playing sports! And staying active. Ive coached 5-8th grade boys basketball
    All at Catholic Schools. I currently Coach 5th grade boys.

OTHER GAMING TYPES: I play mostly sports games . But will play Cod everyday also.

STYLE OF PLAYER YOU ARE: I play to my opponents style. Like to motion and hide my defense's plays
    To disguise coverage. Don't want to tell you to much tho. ;)

FAVORITE NFL TEAM: Indianapolis Colts.

FAVORITE NFL PLAYER: Reggie Wayne

ZomboDroid29122012010817.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  20. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Name: Don VanGiesen

City/ State: Hillsboro, IL

Interesting Facts About Yourself: Played D3 football back in the day...linebacker. I have been teaching for 8 years...I also coach high school football and junior high boys track. I am married with 3 kids (a girl, a boy, and a spoiled ass boxer). My hobbies include: weight lifting, playing Madden, and riding my Harley.

Other Gaming Types: Really only play Madden and NCAA

Style of Player You Are: Smash Mouth Football!!! I love to impose my will on teams by running down their throat. I have become much more balanced though, but will run if given the opportunity.

Favorite NFL Team: HUGE DALLAS COWBOYS FAN

Favorite NFL Player: Jason Witten and Sean Lee

21. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

i can atest to his game he is solid

22. arcorley

arcorley Walk On

Sean Lee is a beast!! One of my faves as well

23. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Name:Brett

SF, CA

Interesting Facts: I'm a paramedic. Played Water polo in high school. Love to surf.

Other gaming: I play FPS like Battlefield 3. Other sports games like FIFA.

Type of player: Run oriented offensive with an aggressive defense that loves forcing turnovers.

Team: NINERS!!

Player: Patrick Willis. RG3 is probably my favorite player to watch

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  24. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Welcome its good that my cousin is your favorite player {Patrick Willis}

25. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

PIC COMING SOON....

Name: GREG AKA (COMMISH)

City/ State: SYRACUSE,NY

Interesting Facts About Yourself: I am a married father of 3 awesome kids. By day I am a auto sales consultant (great money, but crappy hours).I play in men's flag football leagues year around (indoor and outdoor) and start at both WR and Safety.

Other Gaming Types: I really only play sports games, but have gotten into the COD Black Ops series and go back and forth. Still love college basketball games (2K Sports made the best ones)

Style of Player You Are: I try to be unpredictable, but very aggressive

Favorite NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys (since birth)

Favorite NFL Player: Dez Bryant (Now) Michael Irvin (Past)