4th and Long Week 1

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by Doc Holliday904, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Week 1 is among us folks and the season is ready to kick off.
    It was a interesting preseason with the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS making a monster trade by trading away the face of there franchise Darrelle Revis!
    Thats right the Jets sent Revis to New England for TE Visanthe Shianco and RG Dan Conolly. Now from the outside looking in the Jets didnt get half as much and the Patriots got with the best CB in the NFL today but maybe our viewers think differently viewers we want to hear your voice!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

Is this a serious trade? a RG who is 79 OVR and an old TE thats only 80 OVR for Revis 90 OVR? How was that even approved by the trade committee.

Can I get in line to rip off the Jets. I'll give you my third string TE for Cromartie

3. Jager Bombb

Jager Bombb Walk On

Lol well put CV. How did this trade get approved?

EDIT: It seems as though Revis is out for the season

4. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

wow just checked injury report, I also lost two starters. Still this trade isn't going to be fair.

5. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Hey - it's my trade. Clearing cap room and changing up our scheme. If it hamstrings the team, I'll live with it. No need to be rude.

TBH, Revis' salary is handicapping the team in terms of what we can do long term for free agency and draft acquisitions. I find him somewhat overrated and not as productive as most would think, given his ratings. The money I'm saving by trading him can be better spent on free agents in the off-season and in signing high draft picks. Long story short, the trade was approved. If you have an issue with it, talk to the trade committee... but I'm quite happy with the outcome.

6. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

damn didn't realize pre-existing injuries were on...

7. Doc Holliday904

Doc Holliday904 Walk On

And thats all that matters bro you know your team better than us.

8. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

Unless his box dies next week....he leaves the league and the next owner is like...."The last owner did WHAT?"

Trading elite players kills leagues, imo.

9. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

So don't trade yours. We'll see what our records look like at the end of the season and go from there...

10. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Agreed with statement, if you do not have the tools now it's your choice to free cap room. I would build your young guys up and figure out the QB situation.

11. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

So this isn't a troll this is serious? lol, wow...

this trade committee has some interesting logic lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  12. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

TBH, if we're restricted from making any major moves, what's the point of trading or signing at all!? No offense to anyone, but the whole reason I took the Jets (aside from being a huge fan) is that they're a struggling franchise that needs major changes to be viable again. I'm looking long term and I don't think Revis is a long term asset for the team.

Again, please run your team as you see fit and more power to you. Let me run mine and if I screw it up, it's one less competitor for you to worry about. I have a long term vision for the team and Revis isn't part of it, so I traded him. In the short term, I like Connolly and Shiancoe as assets to the squad. I have more than enough depth at corner to work with and now I have cap room to sign rookies and free agents. In two to three seasons, the Jets are going to be THE powerhouse in the AFC. Give me time. The team is going to look very different from the way it does now, but I intend to make it a viable franchise. To do that I have to correct some major errors, which requires some major moves on my part.

Again, look after your team and I'll take care of mine. If you think I've made mistakes, wait until we take the field and then we'll see.

Best of luck.

13. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

Relax man. In the end your right, this is your team, and as long as you are in it for the long run, meaning you wont quiet the league after a few games, then everyone will be fine with the trade. I understand wanting to free up cap space, but I think a lot of us are seeing the trade on paper and are seeing that you could have gotten more in the deal.

I get wanting to get rid of Revis and not wanting to take up another superstar with a huge contract, but maybe if you would have gotten some other assets like a draft pick or another solid back up, I don't think the other owners like my self would have been scratching our heads with the deal.

Again... as long as you don't go dropping from the league, then the trade is fine.

14. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

it's not you I'm worried it's the fact the Jets traded a their FRANCHISE to the Patriots lmao, like that would ever happen in real life

15. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Meh - who would have thought the Jets would acquire Tebow in real life? Who would have thought that Ditka would give up his entire draft for Ricky Williams? Who would've thought that Tom Brady would emerge as (arguably) the greatest QB of the modern era (certainly not a lot of indication of that in his high school or college career)? Who would've thought the Jets would sign Brett Farve? Who would've thought that the Hershel Walker Cowboys - Vikings trade would've happened? Weird stuff happens in the real NFL and often doesn't work out the way people think it will.

Either you don't know your NFL history to know that stuff like this does happen, or you're trolling. Either way, I'm done with this conversation. I prefer to let my team and my record speak for itself.

I'm making the best decisions for my team, you make the best decisions for yours. At the end of the day, we'll see what the records say.

Best of luck.

16. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Plus if you are going to deal your franchise player at least get SOMETHING in return, especially if you're going to deal him to the biggest rival in your division.

I'm the Cowboys manager should I just trade Ware, Claiborne, Dez and Witten to the Giants for a bunch of bback ups because I'm "cutting cap" lmao, you got nothing in this deal, I think it's hilarious that I couldn't make a fair deal in other league because I was trading Gronkowski, the Jets would NEVER EVER EVER EVER trade Revis in real life, I live in NY and I guarantee it, he's the heart and soul of that team and their only good player and the fans die for him, I'm going to stop talking because I don't wanted to be scolded but LOL @ this trade and the logic behind, Shaincoe and Connely? lol...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

I'm trolling? have you seen your responses in this thread? The only argument you have for your trade is "it's my team I can run it how I want" lmao and you 'cutting cap' lmaon if your cutting cap why not trade Bart Scot the biggest cap drain on the team, at least get him included in the deal, trade makes no sense at all, and I would really like a reasonable explanation for it, but seeing as there is none, that won't happen lol.

btw

Tebow is trash
    Ricky Williams was one the best RB prospects ever
    Tom Brady was a stud at Michigan
    Brett Favre was old

all irrelevant comparisons that make no sense

18. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Again I'm sorry to beat a dead issue here but people have to understand, when you trade a player like Revis, it doesn't affect 1 team, it doesn't affect 2 teams, it affects the whole league, because now we all have to play against the Patriots who have Revis and gave up absolutely nothing to get him, I don't care what happens to your team no offense, I'm mad because you just stacked up your division rival free of charge

19. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

And I need to justify my trades to you because?
    You on the trade committee? You the commissioner? Nope.

So, again, do what you need to do and I'll do what I need to. I don't need to explain my reasons to you.

And, again, you can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that things like this have happened in the NFL previously. Again, the Walker Cowboys - Vikes trade is a prime example (which you conveniently ignored). That was a crazy trade that didn't work out at all for the Vikings, but it happened. Weird things happen in the NFL. Again, the Jets are a floundering franchise in need of big change to make them successful. Am I going to outline a long term strategy for you? No. I don't have to. Again, the trade committee approved the trade. I wanted the trade. It happened. Move on.

20. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Well, maybe we need some official response then from Snozberriez8198. The trade was approved, so if you think it's creating imbalance in the league, complain to the commissioner. I'm happy with things as they are. You think it's unfair - take it to the people in charge.

21. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

lol k

I really don't care at the end of the day, I don't want to be prompted with another warning so whatever, good deal jets, next time you are giving away a star on the cheap maybe shop him around a bit, maybe you can get a nice young player, I would have given a nice young cheap talent instead my third string TE

it's just funny to me is all

good trade

let's move on, agreed

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  22. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Agreed. Again, best of luck and we'll see what the season brings.

23. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

It was approved and REVIS is out for another year, and that is the ONLY reason it got approved by the whole committee. He is useless until next season.

24. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Whatever, k, where do I post a completed trade, trade procedures thread?

25. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

You don't complete a trade until its approved. As far as the critics go, each player has the ability to trade ANYONE they see fit, as they are the ones molding and developing thier team the way they want. REVIS is an elite player, but not from the bench for the next year. I have Welker on the trade block, and he is rated higher than REVIS.....just because you don't agree with the moves other people want to make, doesn't make them wrong. 9 out of 10 people would die to have Welker, but I personally don't like him in th offense I am trying to create.