4th Horseman '14

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, May 28, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

New Dynasty info is up. Here is a link to the article from drifter. The EA video is in like the 3rd or 4th post and you can join or follow the conversation

http://forums.traditionsportsonline...ty-mode-improvements-what-it-all-means.98811/

This thread is opened for people to start talking about what they want to do for NCAA '14. There is a lot to consider given that new consoles will be out before the holidays and NCAA wont be on them, so no hard feelings if guys are feeling like they wont get the game or like they don't want to jump in an OD.

Abominatrix
    Automatik
    Jamie
    qclassic 22
    Five_Fifs
    jared16evans
    asurob
    Selvy9
    GMONEY 15

All of you are invited back as far as I'm concerned.

Now for a few thoughts on the direction of the league for '14

Depending on how many guys are "in" we may offer up 4th horseman as a new member league once the site explodes near the release date.

If a lot of guys are back, I may step down and commish a new member league for west coast gamers anyways since the site is always in need of vets to do so and my hours aren't an ideal match for most of you guys.

It is my hope that at least a couple of you guys make the jump to premier memberships and leagues. The content and competition is always better in those leagues and I will give a recommendation to a potential commish if any of you need it.

Feel free to also use this thread to discuss what kind of league setup you guys are interested in for '14. Coach carousel again, 1 conference, 2 conference, favorite teams, etc.

It's early so I am not making any decisions about anything just yet. I'm looking forward to hearing where people's heads are at!

2. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I would be happy to be back for '14. I was a newb to TSO last cycle and greatly enjoyed this league.

I loved our set up from '13. Three advances per week. Start with a :3stars:or worse team. The time per game. It was all good and I wouldn't change a thing IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Won't commit to a purchase until I play the demo this year

4. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Ditto

5. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

I will come back. This is a great league and good conpetition. I also like the CC starting from a 3 star team and working your way up.

6. Wyrmreaver

Alright, So the current Roster is as follows

Wyrmreaver
    Automatik
    qclassic 22
    Jamie
    Five_Fifs (confirmed via text, he's been busy with work but will be back for '14)
    EDIT: GMONEY 15 confirmed by PM that he is in! He wont have the game for about 10-15 days after release though since he is in Asia

Abominatrix I will count as a probably for now :)

I am going to let site management know that we can fill our other 6 with new members.

Unless I hear any other Ideas we will go for the same setup as last season, 3* limit to start with coach carousel on. Feel free to claim teams, first come first serve

Five_Fifs wants Georgia State

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  7. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

If Arizona is a 3* or lower I'll take them if not then I'd like to have Southern Alabama.
    Edit: I'd like to add NC State to the list if I could.

8. Wyrmreaver

My top team choices..... for the moment, in no particular order.

Old Dominion
    Washington State
    Hawaii

9. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I would love UCF but they are more than likely a 4 star team. I'm leaning towards UTEP, FAU, or FIU.

10. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

It looks like I get UCF. Super Excited!

11. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

To clarify - IF I'm getting the game, then I'd love to come back to 4H. That will be determined after I play the demo for a bit.

If I'm back, I want Cal (3*).

12. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

It looks like 'Zona is a 3*. Hopefully Abominatrix gets the game too so we can get a PAC-12 rivalry going. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

hey guys - really like the league description and the variety you guys seem to have. i didn't play NCAA 13, but did play NCAA 12 and really enjoyed it. i usually flip flop between NCAA and FIFA as my secondary game of choice in the fall (behind NHL). looking to get a little more out of the game this year, and figured i'd give you guys a team to beat up on. haha.

if you're still looking for a player, let me know, i'd be interested in joining. if you need references, feel free to ask niuhuskie224 or Michael Woodward... i helped them out as a co-commish in couple FIFA seasons this past year.

cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

He's shit. Don't take him. He's also Canadian. He'll probably be trying to run 120 yards or something. Haha jk Juice is a great guy and would be a great addition. And if you don't want him, I'll be happy to take him in Alumni Nation.

15. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Co-Sign

Would be a great addition to any league.

16. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

if we're picking squads, i'll throw mine in the ring.

based on what i found in the NCAA discussion area, around the prestige rankings and needing a 3* or below team, i'll go with:

Northwestern
    Oregon State
    Cincinnati

17. Wyrmreaver

BTW, you are in for '14

We'll do official team selections once the league is full, probably within the next few weeks. By and large, everyone should be able to get who they want

• Like Like x 1
  18. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

perfect, thanks!

19. juice 2142

juice 2142 Walk On

Do we have room for two juices? Ha! I'm looking for a crap team out of big conferences, but I'd start a juice vs juice rivalry in big 10. If you take NW, I could take indiana or maybe Minnesota

20. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

if by rivalry you mean you beating me more often than others, that's cool. hahaha.

i'm up for the juice v juice battle royal though. ;)

21. Wyrmreaver

Or you could both go pac 12 if you arent scared of Automatik and Abominatrix..... would mean plenty of user games!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wyrmreaver

We have another potential member who wants UCLA.... I was considering WSU..... hell, we may be in for a battle out west!

• Like Like x 1
  23. juice 2142

juice 2142 Walk On

Is there going to be a required minimum amount of user vs user games? I'm really thinking about not taking a team in major conference or take worst team in one.

24. Wyrmreaver

Target is 3-5 per season, which means if you are all alone in a conference your entire non conference schedule is likely to be all users. If you want more user games go pac 12. I'll get a team selection thread up soon and you can see where everyone is falling if it impacts your decision one way or another.

25. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

sweet... i just want a squad that has a bunch of uniform combinations. ;)

• Like Like x 1