4th Horseman Skill Level

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by ChuckDzzNutz, Mar 14, 2012.

?

Would you like to see the 4th Horseman move to the Heisman skill level?

1. Yes, playing the CPU on All-American has gotten boring. I'd like a Challenge.

11.1%
  2. Yes, I'd be up for it but would like some sliders like CPU interceptions adjusted.

55.6%
  3. I'm neutral on the matter and could go either way

11.1%
  4. No, I enjoy kicking the CPU's head in on a weekly basis.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I still feel the CPU on AA provides and adequate challenge for me.

22.2%
  1. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I don't know which way to vote, because I do agree that there is a reduction in challenge now that our personnel have started to increase but I can't speak for everyone on that matter.

But I have serious concerns about moving to Heisman. Trying to run the football conventionally becomes ridiculous on Heisman, let alone trying to run the read option or regular option. So we'd definitely need slider adjustments in that regard, and hell we probably need slider adjustments for CPU INTs on AA or Heisman.

3. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

My Junior HB ran for 1400 yards this past season in the B1G with it on Heisman . . . The only slider I adjusted was turning CPU INT's down from 50 to 45

4. Baron

What I mean is that I want to be able to run my offense that is perfectly viable IRL, and not have it taken away by a difficulty setting. Spread option is difficult enough, as is, because of 12's gameplay, without upping the difficulty.

5. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I'm sure you'd be able to make the proper adjustments in your game play against a heightened skill-level. I know you're a good player and I just feel like the Heisman Difficulty is a bit of a myth. It's only one bump up from where we are and seems like a natural progression now that we are in Season 7 and have a user who has back to back NC's and cakewalks through the CPU. I also set my school record for TD passes last season with 28 on Heisman . . . On a side note, I'm MSU and the old record was 22 set in 2005. How is that even possible? Man, the B1G 10 seriously needs to learn to throw the ball.

6. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I'm on the fence with Baron on this one. My experience with Heisman is that you have to audible almost every play and motion your WR to run successfully. The CPU AI is somewhat unrealistic on defense, they always know if you're running or passing and the DBs run the routes before your WR do.

All that being said, I'd be willing to give it a shot for a year to see how it goes.

7. Baron

Well appealing to my vanity/arrogance is usually a surefire way to get my support. :D

I think I'd support us giving it a season (or even half-season if it is catastrophic) as a test-drive. With the proviso that we could always revert back if things get out of hand.

8. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Well there is definitely an adjustment period at first (especially for people that have/had never played on Heisman, such as myself). I started my season 1-4, but finished 8-5.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Slider adjustment is always tricky. It would be impossible to fine the "perfect" slider. I would just rather have more user games. Plus the guys still at lower rated schools seem to still have dogfights with some cpu teams.

10. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

I'd be all for more user games, but we are gonna have 8-9 conference games regardless, and there's only like 2 people in the league that can stay up to play Neal so that's just inviting more simmed bs

Name two :cool:

I'm disappointed more people don't seem to want to push themselves.

11. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I have a pretty damn good set of sliders that I have been using on my offline dynasty. They work out pretty good and I was thinking of trying them out this season.

12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Care to share some of the highlights? I think we'd all be interested in hearing them. I'm open for just trying them out this season blindly too and then you telling us about them afterwards haha

13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I voted Heisman..... I think the CPU INT and Pass Rush should both be reduced to 40 though.

We just switched to Heisman in After Midnight and quite a few guys got dumptrucked by the CPU with those slider adjustments. I had a couple CPU games go to the wire.

My NC game against A&M who was A rated would have been much much tougher on Heisman.

On Heisman multiple guys will definitely lose, it's more a question of how often and by how much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baron

There's a difference between pushing yourself and getting consistently roflstomped by a school 10 points below you.

15. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

For those of us who've joined late and are just getting our first real recruiting class in (and its full of 2 and 3 stars), I'm still getting challenges from some CUSA teams. The way the season went last year was pretty realistic. Tulsa got pretty much crushed by Ok State, beat the Rices and Memphis's of the world, barely got by Marshall, and I think went 2-2 in user games. And with 25 seniors leaving me this offseason, I have a feeling next season isn't going to be easier regarldess of CPU level as I only have 4 players who are rated at 80+, and 3 of them are linemen.

Now granted, if everyone else is winning their CPU games 55-10, fine I'm not going to make a stink about it, teams go in cylces in real life too. And Chuck knows as well as anyone I'm not against losing to the CPU, I'll stick with it either way, but going 5-7 in our other dynasty that's at Heisman level... it's just not fun. And for me, its the user games that should help decide who ends up where at the end of the year, not getting blown out by CPU OK State and Penn State out of conference. My $0.02.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Come on Captain dramatic . . . that's not gonna happen. (I Don't think it is anyways, because to be honest I have no idea what that word means). Either way, taking a beating here or there just makes you better. Like I said, there will be a period of adjustment like Selvy and I had in the B1G (With relatively zero sliders mind you, interested to see what Decay's ideas are for that). It's no more unrealistic than the way we hammer teams that are rated 10 points higher than us. I was beating a 90 something OVR Boise team with year 2 New Mexico, and that's when I still sucked.

17. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Yeah, I beat CPU teams bad...... My Hawaii team was like B or B- this season and the NC game was no challenge vs an A rated squad. I beat them 41-14 then the game froze in post game and I replayed them and won 43-13. At this point, I am not worried about any CPU team, only users. Heisman would change that and I would get "butterflies" when I took on top shelf CPU teams

18. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

You must have adjusted better than I did, lol.

Apparently I still suck then, cuz the Ok State team I lost to "went" 8-5, so its not exactly like they were the kings of CPU teams. But whatever. I'm probably at Tulsa for the remainder of ncaa12 since I just signed the 4 year deal, so if I lose the OOC games to the "power" schools, I suppose it's to be expected. But if Rice starts beating me up...

19. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

lol, You got that big season ending win over IU though. You're turning it around . . . . Check your Groupme

20. SimplyxNicex218

SimplyxNicex218 Walk On

im in my 17th season in another dynasty that has been on heisman from the beginning. I really dont see the difference but we didnt start with 1 and 2 star teams either. Lower schools i can see having issues. It really doesnt matter to me. You just have to make some adjustments.

21. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I will share the sliders when I get home from work. Your not going to get stomped by the CPU with these. If teams are way better than you than your going to have to battle and play flawless to win. 5 interceptions a game are not going to help you win as well.

22. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

So I tried glancing the menus and could have missed it so I will take a detailed look when I get back on tomorrow but I didn't see anywhere to change the actual sliders difficulty but I will look again tomorrow.

23. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

You have to hit the right bumper I believe to switch over

24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea, there might be a trick. I was in a hurry so I will definitely check again tomorrow.