4th & Long: *Draft Rules*

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by XWarriorMonk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Because there is a draft guide out there, and im sure most of you have seen it. We will be following some rules to drafting players during next seasons draft.

New Rule: You may only draft a player within 2 rounds of the round we are in.

Example: Your first round pick can be no later than a player projected to go in the 3rd round.
    (Your first round pick CANNOT be projected in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round.)

Punishment for players taken incorrectly
    You will lose that draft pick.
    You will have to forfiet him to free agency. (This ruling is final)
    You will lose money by having to release him, and may suffer a major cap hit in some situations so please abide by this rule.

(Im only doing this to make things fair and realistic. Guys if I see that every player you drafted happens to be a superstar im going to question it. So dont cheat, and actually scout your guys and play the game the way its meant to be played.)

• Like Like x 5
  2. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I say we just post the draft guide online, and open up the drafting to any round. That way its fair. What if I actually scouted a gem. and wanted to take him in the 3rd round even tho he was projected for the 6th? Am I not allowed to draft him even tho everyone else that I scouted is gone on my draft board?

I'll follow the rules, but there are some holes.

3. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Good point, how about I revise this and work on it before we get to draft time?

4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I say you can pick anyone unless they have a 2 or 3 for development then. If they do then you use the two round rule. This gives incentive for guys that actually scout for positional needs.

5. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

Then what's to stop someone from saying they didn't scout a player's development and just took him 3 rounds early so they could plead ignorance and still get their guy? If you scout a player you really like who you can't draft till the 3rd round because of this rule and you have a later 3rd round pick, then you need to do what real NFL teams do and trade up to get the guy you want.

I feel this is a pretty fair rule. I've been in leagues where it's been instituted and it worked really well. Plus people stayed for the entire draft as opposed to loading up on first rounders and then leaving after that round is over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

If you post the guide then it wouldn't happen anyway and even the playing field. If you scout a stud in the fourth round with regular development and have the 29th pick you should be rewarded for it. It's just an idea.