4th quarter for the ages

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    4th quarter for the ages

UNC and GT ensued in an epic battle for the ages, which resulted in one of the most exciting finishes EVER in college football history.

The game was mostly about runs. UNC jumped out to a 13-0 1st quarter run before GT responded with their own 28-7 run in the 2nd quarter to give them a 28-20 lead. UNC would respond with a 12-0 3rd quarter which put them up 32-28 which setup the aformentioned 4th quarter.

UNC took a 39-28 lead with 6:14 to go, after capitalizing on Cooke's 4th INT of the day. Cooke who was erratic all game frantically led his team down the field within 2 minutes to put GT at 39-34. Down by 5, GT decided to go for two, but a quick slant play never came to fruition (this was a game of 4th down's, 2pt conversions as UNC failed to nail 2-2pt conversions in the 3rd quarter). UNC would go into "lets seal this game mode" and started to pound the rock down GT's throat. They hit a huge 1st down with a long pass over the middle to put them into GT territory. But disaster struck when Kerr fumbled the ball deep in GT territory and gave the ball back to GT!

Cooke would AGAIN lead his team down the field and seemingly led them into the endzone for the game winning TD with 43 seconds left in the game right? NOT! UNC's P.Hoffman would return the ensuing kickoff 96 yards to take BACK the lead 46-42!

GT was seemingly crushed, with the fans in stunned disbelief. With 29 seconds left, GT needed a huge miracle. All their timeouts left, GT had a prayer to be answered. Cooke on the 1st play nailed Nate Green over the middle for a good 22 yard gain. Timeout. Next play, Green again over the middle for a 28 yard gain. All of a sudden with 12 seconds left, GT was in prime position to win this game. Timeout. The next play Cooke looked, scrambled to the left and ran for about 10 yards. With 6 seconds left and 16 yards from the endzone, Cooke dropped back, hit his TE Parsons who caught it around the 3 yard line, ran and knocked his way into the endzone for the amazing victory with no time on the clock!! GT wins 49-46 in a shocking ending!

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow dude that is nuts. Makes me wanna go play a game... lol

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Wow that does sound like a great finish.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah Mo hit me with a money play to win it! :D

JK man great game. I was heartbroken and any chances I had at a title were wiped away. Great game, GL the rest of the season.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol. I tried that play earlier and u played it perfectly and I was sacked. He was my fastest TE since you knocked out the starter for the rest of the season. That +3 speed difference helped me out

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah I screwed up my defensive call there. Didnt have the matchups we wanted but I was too scared to call TO and let you think of an even better play. Everything was moving so fast in that last minute. I wish we had that game on video--crazy crazy ending.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I had another play in mind...the previous play was my best play I felt but you covered well on that one. That kickoff return was a big blow that I shoulda fell too but Cooke got his grown man on :)