5 Big Questions - Mid Year Season 3

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Ryty, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Brought to you by:

HK's THREE WISE MEN
    [​IMG]
    1. What team has been your biggest surprise so far this season? Biggest disappointment?
    HAL - The biggest surprise has to be the Texans. After having a good season in season 1, the train fell off the rails in season 2. They're off to a great start in season 3 and seem to have righted their path. At 4-2, they lead the AFC South. The biggest disappointment is probably the Jags, but I'll say the Bills. Two first round picks that were expected to change the dynamics of that team have led them to 0-7 at this point. Hopes were much higher after their draft than to be winless.
    TRUTH - The biggest surprise for me is the Ravens. They have been the "bottom feeder" of the division the past two seasons but have come out on fire to start season 3. The be 5-1 (3-0 in the divison) in arguably the toughest division in HK is a feat in itself. The biggest disappointment for me is the Steelers. While they dont have the worst record in the league, they're one of the teams that always starts the season with the highest expectations. Couple their 2-4 record with a 0-3 record in the division, and things are not looking great for them.

CA - JAJAJAJA!

2. Jacksonville went from Superbowl to only one win through 7 games. What is going on down there?
    HAL - From my POV, the biggest factor is the lack of a rushing game. In season 2, I was able to consistently break 100 yards in games. This season, I'm lucky to break 50 yards. There's been some "talks" of maybe giving DeRay Ray a shot at starting because Tobias Bray just isn't getting it done. However, the competition has also been top notch. I'm 2-4 in the games I've played and the 4 losses came to the 6-1 Jets, 4-2 Patriots, 4-2 Texans, and 3-4 Colts.
    TRUTH - The Jags are a mystery right now. The obvious answer is to point to their struggles in the running game, but honestly I think it comes down to turnovers and Mapas play. Mapa was an MVP candidate last season, but season 3 has been a completely different story for him. 7 INTs (to only 10 TDs) and 5 fumbles through 7 games are spelling disaster for Jacksonville.
    CA - JA!
    3. Of the two top teams in each conference, Jets and Saints, which one has the best chance of winning out?
    HAL - I'll say the Saints.
    TRUTH - I would have to say New Orleans. Their division is down this season and Ford has the team firing on all cylinders. That offense looks nearly impossible to stop right now.
    CA - Fuck the Packers.
    4. Is there any player in the league that can challenge Drew Brees for MVP?
    HAL - I'm not up to date on the stats of the league, but Brees has to be the front runner. And not knowing his stats, I'd give Phillip Rivers a nod. He has transformed that Texans offense. They're now a threat through the air and pitt has the faith in him to let it fly. He alone has turned that team from 2-14 into a playoff contender.
    TRUTH - The only person that is even close to being able to challenge Brees right now is AJ Green. Green leads the league in receptions, yards, and is tied for the lead in receiving TDs. Hes easily on pace to break the single season record for receiving yards.
    CA - Matt Garza.

5. What rookie has made the biggest impact so far?
    HAL - Easily Stephen Diaz, imo. The Jets have always been a tough team, but they now have a legit QB and have made themselves even more dangerous. They're the AFC favorite to reach the Superbowl right now.
    TRUTH - Diaz and its not even close. His production coupled with the success of the team has him far and away the front runner for rookie of the year. Hes definitely making everyone that passed him up regret their decision.
    CA - This is stupid.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 13
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 5
  3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Can the 6-1 Bengals get some love now? The Ravens are no longer undefeated in the division :)

And as a heads up, Green already broke the single season receiving record last year! And I know he's a redhead, but I want to throw Dalton in the MVP race. Completion percentage leaves a little to be desired, but he's the second rated passer behind Brees. After throwing 25+ interceptions in each of the first two seasons, he's sitting at 3 this year.

There, I got it out my system and jinxed myself. Now I can choke without hesitation.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

5. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

is it me or ca drunk during process

6. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1