5 Cheese Pizza

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Danthraxxx, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

The 2015 draft brought in a nice haul of rookies for the Packers to rebuild the defense on and I figured why not track their progress for the season , not like I am going to have a lot of recaps to do.

[​IMG]

MLB Kirk Thigpen (1st round)- starting
    13 tackles 1 TFL 1 fumble rec
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/hardknocks/player/1928180

Been a real bright spot in a defense that has is 11th in rushing yards allowed . Looked really good going from sideline to sideline. This guy can hit too , has knocked two guys out of games so far. Hopefully he can become my #1 MLb by end of the season.

RE Daryl Cannon (2nd round)- starting
    9 tackles 3 TFL 1 sack
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/hardknocks/player/1928181

Has performed well vs the run and caused some havoc in the backfield so far.Cannon would have about 5 more tackles for loss if I could tackle worth a damn He looked good in the first two games agains average LT’s but struggled a ton against the run vs. pro bowler 49er Joe Staley, however he did register his first career sack that game. I am confident that he will be a starter at RE for the rest of the release.

CB Kelo Terry (2nd round) - nickel
    6 tackles 1 pass def
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/hardknocks/player/1928182

While I would not call Terry’s performance terrible as I am yet to recall seeing him personally get roasted , his lack of numbers is concerning. He has been on the field for 146 plays, 8th overall on the defense and has almost no tackles or pass coverage stats. So far the pass defense has been flat out awful and can be to blame for the poor 1-2 start. The fact that he has Heyward and Shields ahead of him in the depth chart for the next few years give me hope that we can build him up and someday turn our secondary play around.

MLB Marquan Narcisse (3rd round)
    0 downs played (thanks EA) :facepalm:
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/hardknocks/player/1928182

Well I assumed he would be in on special teams being my 4th linebacker , but for whatever reason our friends at EA fail to give a shit about controlling who you have on special teams. Hopefully we can trade Brad Jones soon and move Narcisse up the depth chart.

RE Demarco Ivory ( 4th round)
    15 downs played - no stats
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/hardknocks/player/1928184

With Cannon playing so well and trying to rotate legacy player Brian Vallere into the front 3 Ivory is not getting a ton of snaps. Look for Vallere to be moved to OLB next season and Ivory possibly over to LE.

Side notes -

FA rookie WR Damond Cox has been decent on kick return so far this season. With Larry Fitzgerald proving to be pretty useless beyond jersey sales look for Cox to move into the 5th WR role soon.

OLB Nathaniel Tull has been great in special teams so far with 3 tackles on kickoff coverage and one really big hit that surprisingly did not cause a fumble. Tull will most likely be a career backup and special teamer.

Thought I had a better draft than I did , I am a bit jealous of publik drunk draft now :(

• Like Like x 4
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

This is a good point. Being able to pick who plays in special teams would add a whole new element to the game. Really wish they'd implement that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

How does that low str affect your mlb? Would be pancaked every play on m25, seems like it may not be as important on 15 with impact blocking toned down

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

haven't noticed him getting blown up or pushed back too much really

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

i want pizza

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Week 8 update

After a slow start the defense has started to pick things up since inserting CB Kelo Terry into the starting lineup in week 6. Since then the Pack have gone 3-0 beating three teams that had winning records last season. Here is a look at the updated stats for the Green Bay rookies.

MLB Kirk Thigpen
    Sadly Thigpen suffered a broken collarbone and has missed some time, hopefully he can return for the final 2 games of the year.

18 Tackles 1 TFL 2 FBREC

RE Daryl Cannon
    Cannon has cooled off a bit after a good start, still playing well but not getting to the QB as much as I had hoped he would.

21 Tackles 5 TFL 2 SACK 1 FBREC

Kelo Terry
    Stats won't tell his story but he has been great since taking over the #2 CB spot. Terry has held most #2 WR to unproductive days and has made some big plays in run defense. Terry forced a fumble to wrap up the win vs Seattle.

21 Tackles 2 TFL 1 SACK 1 DEFL 2 FF 1 FMBREC

MLB Marquan Narcisse
    Still doing mostly special teams but with Thigpen hurt he's moved up to 3rd on the MLB depth chart.

3 Tackels 1 FF

RE Demarco Ivory
    Still collecting dust as the 3rd RE on the depth chart.

CB Salim Finch

Our 4th CB on the depth chart has not got a lot of notice on the field and that is probably a good thing.

6 Tackles 1 DEFL 1 FMBREC

Through week 8 the Pack is in the mix at 4-3 , if the good play continues these younger guys should see similar rotation onto the field but if we start to fall apart down the stretch some of them (Ivory, Narcisse) will get more time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

You drafted him because of the name, didn't you?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's Dan's Jewish alter-ego.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I did actually , he's not half bad for a blind pick