5 essential fixes for NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Nov 11, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The ideas are good but after 5 years of this and seeing the same pictures in the backgrounds in-game i think that nothing will ever change. Just make slight adjustments and repackage the same game over and over.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Please give us a new camera angle. I played a last gen game the other day and realized how much I missed the angle that was way back away from the action. The cam they use now really hurts in making a play on the ball. I used to be able to undercut the DB or WR and make plays on deep balls. I loved playing those people that could only throw posts and corners. It makes it way easier to read defenses in the passing game. You can see if the corners drop and if your guy is open in the flats. It made it easier to drop the ball in over the LB and under the safety. Even running the ball it was better. You could set up blocks 10-15 yards downfield. And see holes on the other side of the line.

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

If they slow this game down & not give us the option to play at normal speed for online dynasty, it will be the next dumbest thing that EA does to this series. Also would like them to retool recruiting. Give it something to make it more exciting.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

they don't exactly need to slow the game down. They need to make players change speeds in order to cut. When all 22 people on the field are running at full speed all the time, the game turns completely arcadeish. Just make guys slow down to cut. This will make defenses be less aggressive because if you overpersue then you'll be out of the play. With the way things are right now, you can loop outside a block, dance, tell the blocker a story, and still get back in position to tackle the running back behind the LOS. It's stupid.

And they have to fix the O and D line. D line stunts don't work and the O line blocks like morons. Numerous times while running a sweep or stretch play, the lead blocker instead of leading the play will turn around and run backwards to where he just came from and leave the SS and CB unblocked to make the tackle.

Another thing I'd like to see is that the WR routes actually work. If I throw a comeback against soft man coverage it should be open. Not get picked off. Same for WR AI. Give them some please! When a WR is blanked they don't just stand there. Have them keep moving to get open.

Basically EA needs to take a football 101 class.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Leave game how it is.

Spend the entire year fixing your servers, glitches, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.........

Then you can fix the game. Don't waste your time adding in "family play" or "masot game"!!!!!!!!! :(

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I agree family play is a waste. The mascot game bothers me also, but keep the mascots in for sideline celebrations and such, incorporate all the mascots would be nice too.

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Family play and Mascot games take up very little space and are extremely easy to do as far as coding. Therefore, its a stretch that these things are taken out.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Not only that, but those features accommodate a larger demographic. This includes the mini games too. Remember, they don't necessarily care who buys the game, as long as they sell enough copies. Gotta make it fun for pre teen boys and girls too.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

They need to quit spending time and resources (ONLINE RESOURCES) on stupid stuff like season showdown. While something like that may be easy to code, it was a new creation so it took some time to develop. Plus, it utilizes server space that could be better utilized to keep games from disconnecting and storing more stats for online dynasties, if not more users than 12.

I'd really like to see them add pipeline state additions to the online dynasty as well as the chance to switch conferences and the ability to get new coaching offers or even get fired if you don't meet your contract goals.

Plus, they definitely need to broaden the ratings system like they did in Madden. This would make prize 5 star recruits more meaningful and make a big difference in the storyline of the dynasty. Also, they should include more of the ratings that they have in Madden.

IMO, yes, Madden still has its problems, but it is light years ahead of NCAA right now. When playing Madden, every game can be played differently. Unlike NCAA where every game is kind of the same. The same plays work every game.

I'd like to see them make the offense and defense plays work more like Tecmo Super Bowl. Every offensive play would work, but if the defense selects the correct defensive play, the offensive play gets destroyed.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

My point is..

they need to fix the issues with glitches, servers, and so on before they add any new features.

/convo

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

What does this mean?

Edit: Does anyone know what <3 mean? WTF is that?

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol end of conversation.