#5 Miami - 40 / #1 Georgia Tech - 21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 3, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

The Miami Hurricanes traveled to Georgia Tech and handed the Yellow Jackets their 1st loss in almost a year and a half thanks in large part to the insane play of their defense.

Coach Juggs was almost dumbfounded at how good his defense played. The pressure was relentless and constant from the opening play to the last drive of the game. Taking tips from fellow ACC coaches, the Canes decided they had to contain QB Jaybo Shaw and not let him beat them with his legs. Their plan was to spy him all game, allow the front 4 to rush the QB, and play man coverage with their seconday, who Coach Juggs felt was better and faster than GT's receivers.

The result...9 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, countless more pressures, under 250 total yards of offense for GT, under 50 yards rushing by the fleXbox One offense, and in many regards...domination

Offensively, the Canes let alot of opportunities to put the game away slip thru their fingers. Ultimately, it didn't matter on the scoreboard, but 3 times the Canes were in the redzone and had to settle for FGs instead of TDs.

Losing Heisman front runner HB Graig Cooper for the entire 2nd half didn't help matters, but freshman sensation Lamar Miller scored 2 TDs to help the cause. And QB Jacory Harris played a flawless, albeit lucky, game. There were a few passes that when he threw them he wished he could have back, but most of them were reeled in by All-world WR Aldarius Johnson who finished with 6 catches for 130 yds. The Canes utilized a gameplan they had from the 1st meeting between these 2 schools and it worked well. Establish the run up the middle, force the GT safeties to come up to stop the run, then throw it over the top. This resulted in quite a few huge passing plays today, with Harris only completing 12 passes but for 291 yds.

With GT beaten, the Canes now have the target squarely on their backs. They might have moved to the front runner position to play in the National Title game. But their tough tests have only just begun. A home games against #1 rival Florida St is only a few weeks away. And the very next week they have to travel to play the tough Clemson Tigers. And then ofcourse is their week 10 matchup with the hated JMS and his VTech Hokies. JMS has had Coach Juggs number for quite a few seasons. But playing at home, with arguably the most talented and deep team in the Tradition, Coach Juggs feels this year is going to be payback for JMS.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Good job Miami.........see you in a few!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nice win Juggs.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Nice Canes.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I got ramirez'ed on defense. His manual end ran past my tackle easily half of the game. Many times I had no time. I woulda been sacked on 3 step drops. 3rd and longs Miami simply bumped my WR's and looped the line and my WR's couldn't get open because miamis cb's were good. It was an interesting defense to go up against, one which I could easily exploit with a pocket passing QB but my oline was dominated and it sucked being sacked on numerous occassions by my 3rd step or 5 step drop. Miami may have the perfect defense against me this year. He has the speed to slow down the option, manually rush me from outside, bump my WR's half the time, and sometimes spy the middle. Very good shit.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Actually...the guy I use only had 2 sacks...the other DE had 3 and the DT next to him had 2 and 2 other guys had 1 each. I wish I could take credit for it, but it was the cpu more than me.

As for the looping, I just want to clear the air right now so no one things I did anything shady (and Mo I don't think your accusing me either). I played ALOT of Nickel/Dime DE contain so would be man outside, LB spying the QB, DTs crash the middle and DEs rush out. If anyone goes into practice and selects those plays, they will see what happens. Manually select/use the DEs and the first step (before you have a chance to do anything) is to the outside. So I really wasn't intentionally looping them, even if it looked that way. Just don't want anyone to think I did something cheesy.

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

[​IMG]

I don't think a bull rush on the outside is quite "pulling a ramirez" - he was taking his guy a lot further out wide and basically just sprinting around the tackle. some plays and one of the DL adjustments will send those guys outside but a good T will still block them and you can use the pass blocking audibles to limit some of its effectiveness.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

loses one game in nearly 2 seasons and calls cheese on it.. lol

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am not getting that vibe from Mo's post.......:confused:

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if someone had said that about me, i would have been pissed, much less if i was Ramirez.. i would be pissed for even being drug into this for no reason.

basically he's saying he got bumped and looped the whole game... which is not straight defense...

you can infer it how you want, but i took it as him feeling slighted. He could have just stated the Miami has a good gamplan and they contained my QB and pressured me at the same time. Instead he's saying Juggs looped his DE's and bumped him the whole game... two long time no no's in sim football.

11. BRUCE80

After watching the video of the GT-VT game I would want my Dline outside against GT also. If you play DE manually why would you rush inside knowing what you know about MO's O, he likes to get the qb outside the pocket. I would spy and use contain on long passing downs myself, seems like good strategy.

The bump and run does get old when overused and it does get overused in our league. I have no idea what went on so I am not saying Miami abused it, that said I have felt its wrath last season myself.

We need to discuss the BnR imo, its real effective this season WRs get jammed off routes real easy and when you back that with a blitz or manual rush it can be very tough to pass. I understand the frustration there.

Like everything else in our rules it shouldnt be over used, mix up everything and over use nothing, right?

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

My post was not made to insinuate (sp?) that Mo was calling me cheese. I hope he doesn't feel that way but he might. I did send him a message after the game and he didn't respond and logged off. And (with no disrespect directed towards Ramirez here), in re-thinking the line "I got ramirez'd on defense", maybe he does feel I cheesed and looped the DEs or whatever.

That being said, I don't want this to drag out. I don't want this to become a long running argument or pissing contest or whatever. I like playing NCAA with you guys. I'd love to win every game but if I don't...so be it. I have played approx 25 seasons with guys like Helli, Fosh and Steel between the Tradition leagues and our side leagues. No one has accused me of cheesing in all that time (atleast not to my knowledge). Mo, you're a good guy and a hell of a player. If you truly feel I won because I cheesed you last night in our game, pm Helli and/or Foshe, have them throw out the game and we can either replay it or sim it.

13. BRUCE80

I felt you cheesed me last year when I was smashing ohio state with michigan.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

If i cheesed you and STILL got smashed...maybe I need to have a new game of choice to play

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im bringing all the cheese tonight... you better load up on your exlax old man...

16. BRUCE80

There are some new tennis games to play.

17. BRUCE80

Not scared. You better say a few extra Hail Mary's today scuz, cause you will need em tonight.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs just take a queue from Mo himself and don't defend yourself.

So just something like "lol..." and go from there. And let it be over with.

I truly admire that, it's better than getting one's panties in a wad and staying up all night typing lengthy shit like I did. He knows he's not a cheeser and he's not gonna waste his time defending himself. I suggest you don't either, because you know you're not a cheeser.

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

I dont think his post was about you cheesing him at all. You can tell from the last line of it. "Good Shit"! Talking about ramirez'd on defense means you came with the manual DE. I did think he is talking shit about Ramirez either those guys played 9 times last year and nobody talked about cheese.

Mo will game plan and be ready for that tactic next time.

Now Ryno's game....Bruce hope you like Gouda!!!

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree.......Juggs you know you are not doing anything wrong to cheat and win......the same with Mo.

/close thread

21. BlyGilmore

yeah but the epic posts are more entertaining for everybody else ...

22. BlyGilmore

Personally i think the BnR is fine this year. And honestly its the only real counter out there to guys just slanting all day long.

Plus between the release ratings of WRs (which i beleive exists lol) and the press rating of CBs, there's a big varying degree of success. it isn't like Madden a few years ago where some squirt CB can BnR a huge strong tight end and hold him on the line for 5 seconds.

keep in mind too there are a bunch of plays that have the BnR built into it. so a guy could be throwing a bunch of different looks and plays at you and have them all bump.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have scored many TDs and first downs off bump n run coverage.....been doing it since early days of Madden.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL, I don't think i once called out Ramirez about his looping...I know that I was kinda surprised my LT wasn't more adequate at blocking it...when in fact my RT is the one who's my weakness since he's like 6'3", 252lbs SMH.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol there's no reason to defend what you did...I simply stated what u did was very effective...only reason I said Ramirez is because he's the only one in this league that was just as effective as you were with it.

Last night I was really pressed for time, I had to jet after the game...i recruited very quickly and left.

You won fair and square, don't take it as anything I said or what Ryno is implying. I just want another shot now :)...hindsight is 20-20.