#5 Oregon @ #12 Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #5 Oregon @ #12 Oklahoma

Gerald Goodman is healthy and this game, he showed every bit of it.

Goodman led the charge against a hungry Oklahoma squad ready for revenge. He rushed around the OKlahoma squad to the tune of 201 yards on 17 carries and 2 scores. He also caught 5 passes for 66 yards and a score. "He is the reason why opposing teams stay up and night trying to contain him," said coach Moreecemos.

What was probably more impressive was the play of the Oregon defense. They held the Oklahoma offense to only 88 yards of total offense, completely taking the Oklahoma RB's out of their game and having OKlahoma QB, consistently on the run for most of the game.

Star RB Travis Green was held to 40 yards on 23 carries. What was more alarming was the absence of star recruit Thomas Robertson, who was clearly upset at the lack of playing time he received as he had 1 carry for 0 yards. Barnes threw for 62 yards and a pick. "We knew we had to contain their running game and we did so," said FR-FS Robert Cunningham.

OREGON- 45, OKLAHOMA- 7

OREGON STATS
    QB Cory Crowder- 19/24, 318yds, 4TD's, 2INT's
    RB Gerald Goodman- 17car, 201yds, 2TD's, 5rec, 66yds, TD
    RB Justin Harrell- 18car, 85yds
    WR Ken Burton- 3rec, 114yds, 2TD's
    WR Alonzo Landry- 5rec, 83yds
    MLB Dan Moses- 6 tackles, FL, sack
    CB Mike Taylor- 4 tackles, INT

OKLAHOMA STATS
    QB Jarrod Barnes- 9/14, 62yds, 2INT's
    RB Travis Green- 23car, 40yds, TD
    WR Mike Workman- 5rec, 23yds
    CB Stephen Graves- 8 tackles, 2FL, INT
    RE Matt Poland- 8 tackles
    CB Dallas Abrams- 8 tackles

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It was a busy night in the tradition. With a bye week, I was just reading a book and glancing at the scores. When Rhude went up 7-0 I was hoping for an upset but I guess it was all downhill from there. Good win by Oh-re-gone

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    45 straight unanswered :)

everyone played tonight too...that's awesome...waiting on the #1 team now.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

ill play it before the nights out.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Quack quack

:D

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah Mo we got through that week REAL fast, and when everybody logs in tomorrow, there will be four games from week 5 already played. Get'er DONE! All CPU games....

7. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Barnes has regresssed this year.....probably has to more with the gameplan, than his ability because my offense stinks like never before....I'm just doing a poor job, I'm at a loss right now...I haven't gotten Robertson on the field which borders on criminal.....

*shrugs*

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah man.... One ideer : Robertson to the top of your depth chart. As you pick formations, do HB Subs for all the ones you want Green in. In shotgun sets, do the Robertson to WR, Green to HB set.... Mix it up a bit, sometimes that's what is required to break out of a funk.

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks Helli, that's a good idea....Mo had Goodman split out wide at WR a few times and it caught me off guard....that's something I don't do enough of, utilize the sub packages

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Don't give that mfer advice LOL...he wanted all those beastly RB's he better git we dun LOL.

Do what Helli said and then on the field u can have Robertson, green and workman in at the same time.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Goodman was everywhere ha...I expect rhude to win out now...sub packages are the awesomeness.

12. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Typically, I'm a little gunshy about throwing to my halfbacks, but I guess in NCAA it don't matter....everyone catches like Jerry Rice lol

Jms said it best though, I'm trying to run my Madden offense in NCAA.....I gotta open shit up

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well if u line them up at WR they should create matchup problems...plus u were throwing quick and short passes too...