5 Star Recruit Issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Aug 31, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

5 Star Recruit Issue

Ok, so it seems I forgot to add this to the rules section and thus the confusion from everyone.

I want to apologize to everyone about what was previously posted here. I'm sorry for the confusion caused. It was my fault for not putting this guideline in the rules. So, again, I'm sorry everyone.

For anyone that's in violation of this rule, please comply with it before we advance the week. My intention, always, is to keep this league as close to competitive as possible for as long as possible without making it no longer fun for you.

So, since there continues to be confusion on how this is supposed to work here's the new rule and a place for any questions regarding it:

Limitation on number of Visits Based On Recruiting Limitations:

• You may only have as many visits or offers to recruits equal to the number of recruits of that star rating that are allowed by the prestige rating of your school
    • Visits from recruits of a particular star rating count toward your total allowed visits for that star rating throughout the season
    • The only time you are allowed to go over the limit is if one of the recruits that previously visited your school has since committed to a different school or you have removed your scholarship offer from the player later down the road - then, and only then, are you allowed to schedule a visit with another recruit (I will continue to keep a CLOSE eye on this so if people start trying to con the system by switching scholarships back and forth, there will be SEVERE punishments dealt out).
    • Obviously, during off-season recruiting, you are allowed to reschedule any remaining recruits on your board that are still within your recruiting limit to in-home visits

Example:

USC is a 6 star prestige school and therefore can recruit up to four 5 star recruits at a time.

USC has four 5 recruits on their board, has them all scheduled for visits, and has offered them all scholarships. USC is well within their right to do so.

Later, during in-season recruiting, after one of the 5 star recruits has already visited USC, the recruit decides to go to Florida instead. USC then has the right to take the available scholarship and offer it to another 5 star recruit as well as schedule a visit with that recruit but couldn't have done so unless the recruit had committed to a different team or USC had lifted their scholarship offer from one of their previous recruits that had visited.

Any questions?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I updated my board last night... see it on my page, it may not be recognized until you advance it again,

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah, you're right. I can't see them until the advance to next week, but I'll take your word for it man.

4. KnightNoles

I know your gettin mad and we spoke about it earlier on the mic the other night. If my recruiting is right, an apology would be nice, but if it isnt then you can chew my ass again. haha

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You don't have my name up there but I don't think I've rescinded my offer yet but I will tomorrow when I play my game. Also, not trying to stir up anything but what's the big deal about having more 5 5* guys scheduled on visits? The recruit can't commit unless you offer, right?

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's cheating the system because the reason for only being able to offer 4 5* recruits is to limit the amount of influence you have on the other 5* recruits and give the computer a fair chance at getting the type of recruiting classes that they should.

The idea is realism.

Yes, in real life teams have visits from numerous players that they don't have scholarship offers to, but, in real life, kids are swayed by strange things whereas in this, you just keep throwing an hour at them each week pitching the exact same thing and get them to commit.

Thus, the reason for the limitations.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

sorry i didn't know realize there was a limit on visits too. I'll remove those players and re ad them. I play by the rules that's just a misunderstanding on my part.

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I know man and I was surprised that you and beazus christ were on the list cause both of you are well known for being good guys.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough on how it worked so everyone please just fix this and know that that's how it's working.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I also did not know this applied to visits. Thought it just referred to the number of scholarships offered. I will fix in a little bit. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same here. I honestly had no idea about the visitation limit. Ill get it right tonight.

11. Beazus Christ

OK here is the question:

I checked my recruiting board and I currently I have 4 5-star recruits scheduled to visit.

3 5 star recruits have already visited (in week 3). Are you suggesting that they also count toward the scheduled visits? In that case, I actually have 7? I didnt change anything tonight because its clear that I need some clarification on the matter.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Ok, so it seems I forgot to add this to the rules section and thus the confusion from everyone. I'm sorry for getting pissed about it, especially since most of you didn't even know that you were in violation because I didn't put this in the rules.

So, since there continues to be confusion on how this is supposed to work, here's an outline of what the rule is:

Limitation on number of Visits Based On Recruiting Limitations:

• You may only have as many visits or offers to recruits equal to the number of recruits of that star rating that are allowed by the prestige rating of your school
    • Visits from recruits of a particular star rating count toward your total allowed visits for that star rating throughout the season
    • The only time you are allowed to go over the limit is if one of the recruits that previously visited your school has since committed to a different school or you have removed your scholarship offer from the player later down the road - then, and only then, are you allowed to schedule a visit with another recruit (I will continue to keep a CLOSE eye on this so if people start trying to con the system by switching scholarships back and forth, there will be SEVERE punishments dealt out).
    • Obviously, during off-season recruiting, you are allowed to reschedule any remaining recruits on your board that are still within your recruiting limit to in-home visits

Example:

USC is a 6 star prestige school and therefore can recruit up to four 5 star recruits at a time.

USC has four 5 recruits on their board, has them all scheduled for visits, and has offered them all scholarships. USC is well within their right to do so.

Later, during in-season recruiting, after one of the 5 star recruits has already visited USC, the recruit decides to go to Florida instead. USC then has the right to take the available scholarship and offer it to another 5 star recruit as well as schedule a visit with that recruit but couldn't have done so unless the recruit had committed to a different team or USC had lifted their scholarship offer from one of their previous recruits that had visited.

Any questions?

13. Beazus Christ

I think Miami may already be over the limit?
    As a 5-star team, I can have 3 visits/ 3 scholarships. I instant signed a 5-star TE without a visit. Does this mean I still have 3 visits to give, or do I only have 2? If I have 2, then Im already over the limit because 3 5-star recruits visited in week 3. Does this mean I have to drop one of the previous visitors from my recruiting board?

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yes. You'll need to drop one of the previously visited recruits.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

So, by this above rule and our recruiting limitations:

Team Prestige Level Number of Allowed Visits/Offers
    USC
    6 star​
    4 :5stars: players
    Florida State
    5 star​
    3 :5stars: players
    Florida
    6 star​
    Alabama
    6 star​
    Michigan
    6 star​
    Texas
    6 star ​
    Oklahoma
    6 star ​
    Miami
    5 star ​
    Ohio State
    6 star ​
    Oregon
    5 star ​

Please make sure you comply with this as I know a few of you are at 4 instead of 3.

16. KnightNoles

ok will do, i was under impression everyone had 4 5 stars but will fix this

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ill check mine out tomorrow. Cant get on xbox tonight

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

No worries man. I think you're well within the limit.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Can I propose a new rule?

If you lose a player early, junior or redshirt sophomore you should get another scholarship available.

If 95+ - 1 extra 5 star prospect (max 1)
    If 90+ - 1 extra 4 star prospect (max 2)
    89 or below - 3 star or lower prospect (no limit)

Bonus excludes kickers and punters.

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

That's really not in the spirit of the idea behind limiting you guys.

Possibly if I end up making amendments to the current number of 5 star players being taken.

Right now, based on real life, it should probably be cut to:

6 star prestige - 2 5 star players
    5 star prestige - 1 5 star player

because of how few 5 star players there are compared to real life (~50 in game and ~80-90 in real life).

21. KnightNoles

That would kill it, I can settle with 6 star prestige=4 and 5 star prestige=4..