5 Things We Learned - Week 1

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by Zikry, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sitting here bored on my 8 hour transit I thought I would start a new conversational piece rounding up the news of the past matchweek, hope you all enjoy!! *Couldn't find a nice picture for 5 things we learned, so excuse the numerical confusion that may be caused by the picture, lol*

[​IMG]

1. Scoring Goals in this League Will be TOUGH!

Analysis: Other than CSKA Moscow, who were able to bang in 8 goals in their first 3 games, most of the other teams struggled to find the back of the net, with Lille ranking 2nd in goals scored with 4 in their first 3 games. Is this a sign that this league is much more defensive-minded, or is it just the opening week jitters? This will be something to keep an eye on.​

2. There will be NO easy games this year

Analysis: After the first few weeks last year, it became apparent that playing Everton meant that you would more likely end up with the 3 points come the referee's final whistle. Looking at the league standings now there are 3 teams at the bottom with 1 point (Palermo only having played 2 games however). Looking at those two teams (Birmingham and Bolton) and the fact that both are led by original Serie A owners, with Bolton being led by a wily veteran in hedache, it seems obvious that this year you can always expect a battle whenever you step on the pitch.​

3. The Newly Promoted Trio are NO Joke!!

Analysis: After 1 week the promoted trio already seem to have found a comfort zone amongst the Serie A giants. Athletic Bilbao is tied for 3rd with 4 points, Fulham too have gained 4 points in their first 3 games, with Schwarzer racking up 2 clean sheets in the process, while the 3rd team Wolfsburg has been able to tie 2 games and narrowly lose to a strong Lille side 1-0. All 3 teams came in with a chip on their shoulder and if the first week is anything to go by, the 3 owners look like they will be more than a handful for many opponents.​

4. In Case You Didn't Already Know...CSKA is GOOOOD!

Analysis: Not much to say here. CSKA has showed that they can win defensively (a 1-0 win against Lazio to start the season, and a 2-0 win against Everton show their defensive qualities). Furthermore, they have showed they can win a more open game (beating Bolton 5-2). The front duo of Vagner Love and Doumbia lead the league with 3 goals each.​

5. If Owners Had Troubles Containing Doumbia Before..They Will Have Nightmares Now!!

Analysis: Continuing with the CSKA theme, what do owners do now that Vagner Love has seemingly found his shooting boots? Last year Doumbia single-handedly led CSKA to a share of the top spot before the 1 game playoff, leading the league in scoring, and now that Vagner Love has joined in the act, its really pick your poison for opposing managers.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I was containing CSKA fine with a lead until my wife stepped infront of the TV :D From there it was a mental breakdown.

3. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

Just to clarify - it will NOT be that easy to get 3 points against this NEW Everton team/owner :D...or atleast i hope not

Good work Zikry

4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I would like to point out that although IJGator hasn't shown success in the table, he and his new Birmingham City side are much improved and very dangerous.

5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

IJgator gave me a loss last year by netting 3 against me. I like the competition so far in serie a. And nice work Zikry

6. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

this is a great feature!

7. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

I had an ok first week, but I think I'm about to find out what I'm made of in my next three match-ups.

8. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

nice write up Zik! all 3 of my games really could have gone either way. a lucky bounce here and a wife stepping in front of a tv there, next thing i know i come away with 3 points in each game. all 3 games were tight and hedache did have a great start against me so i will consider myself fortunate for the opening games of this new season. i have 3 super tough opponents coming up and i don't think lady luck will be flirting with me again this time around lol

9. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

very much looking foward to what we learned in week 2.... ;)

10. hedache

hedache Walk On

Did we learn anything at all?

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

ask and you shall receive :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.