57 over CB making 10 million...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Aug 25, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

57 over CB making 10 million...

LOL wtf? Should we do a blind bid next offseason with a deadline?

I know I know, let GMs GM...but jeeeeeeez this dude is like fifth to sixth CB..speed aint everything this year fellas..

There are multiple examples of this...

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Your kidding me

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

7 mil for a 55ovr WR who can not catch a cold these guys are in for a rude awakening I believe.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

If a 55ovr receiver is successful in this game, I am selling it. EA lied to me if that's the case.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Great. Spend that bonus money on a crappy guy that you can't cut without cutting your own throat in cap space.

Meanwhile, me, Mr. Outbid by everyone, will take his 20+ million cap space PLUS the mandatory cut space I make up (because mandatory cuts incur no cap hit) and destroy you with a 90+ overall player to beat your WONDERFUL 55 overall guy.

Woo-hoo. Get me a box of Kleenex for owners that, I think, stupidly spend their money.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

if a 55 ov is successful its good coaching. if all 55 ov players weren't ever able to be used then we shouldnt even have them on the game. its not all about overall.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate, I hate to be rude, but the only reason that 55 overall is going for that much money is SPEED.

And this isn't real life.

So a 55 overall being successful on the field isn't good coaching. It's a guy who's average/good on the sticks playing a speed demon.

Period.

8. natedawg212000

well then lets ban all 90+ sp guys. I mean come on.

9. BRUCE80

Sweet Justin Miller now sits at a cool 15.5 million...

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow, speed players are the worst part of this game. It really almost wants to make me stop playing it.

11. natedawg212000

its funny what stirs people up. i dont find it being that big of a deal. please guys respond to my post. i am posting in one hour for the league

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate, I know this will cause you to raise heckles about it, but the speed rating is the cheesiest tactic I can think of. Just simply getting speed guys isn't realistic. "Speed" players in the NFL are typically return guys, #5 WRs, or just special teams guys that can't cut it in a starting lineup, or even backup position. There are exceptions, I know, but this is true in most instances. Speed guys are RARELY superstars, or even starters, in the NFL.

But....by that same token....we have to work with what we have. And Madden is, and has always been, a speed game. Faster you are, more valuable you are. And there is nothing we can do to change that.

So, all we can do is make it more difficult to get a bunch of those speed players. Which, honestly, is what Dunlap's chart and making people pay bonuses (AKA Cap hits later on) to get those speed guys (which are usually lower overall players anyway) is the best defense against getting all speed players.

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

I couldn't agree more.

And Nate, nobody is talking about banning speed. We are pissed at EA for making such a piss poor product apparently. . .and they've been promoting since February that speed wouldn't be a huge factor again. Locomotion, etc.

I guess the jury is still out on speed. . but what a load of crap they fed us if this indeed was not fixed.

14. BRUCE80

Not trying to stir up anything. If we cant bring stuff like this up in here then were do we talk, laugh, make fun of things? Why does it have to be so serious?

You dont find it funny that guys are willing to play a turd who cant make or stay on a team in the real NFL 15.5 mill in Madden?

I shouldnt worry its not my cap, and IMO he cant cover a really good WR in this game anyway I guess so I should just bite my lip.