5th year Senior Watch!

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

This is the last year that any players from the original rosters will be on anybody's team. I'll compile a quick list and lets see how much of an impact these guys are still making. Let me know if any of these are actually JUCO recruits you signed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm fairly certain that I have only one - a QB that is buried so far down the depth chart he doesn't even get dressed for practice.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You should start him!

4. Wyrmreaver

you have eleven

5. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG] 9 non JUCO fifth year seniors, 3 look like full time starters.
    QB Faton Bauta - 87 OVR - Looks like he'll spend his final season firmly seated on the bench
    WR Josh Ward - 91 OVR - the team's #1 rated WR, this kid has NFL speed, could be a big year for him
    WR Todd Gurley - 88 OVR - looks like the team's #3 WR, should be able to contribute
    WR Blake Tibbs - 84 OVR - this speedster could be burried on the depth chart
    LT John Theus - 87 OVR - looks likely to start on the O-line
    RE James DeLoach - 88 OVR - also a D-line backup, has NFL athleticism for the position
    LOLB Josh Harvey Clemon - 87 OVR - A big hitter with NFL quality skills.... a backup at UGA though
    CB Sheldon Dawson - 87 OVR - Looks like the nickel corner, so he should be on the field a lot
    P Collin Barber - 94 OVR - do we really care about punters......

[​IMG] 12 fifth year seniors, 10 of them should be day one starters, the Gators need a breakout recruiting year!
    QB Skyler Mornhiweg - 88 OVR - looks like he'll start for the pass happy Gators
    HB Matt Jones - 90 OVR - the teams #1 HB, not that backs get much work at UF
    WR Latroy Pittman - 82 OVR - #6 on the depth chart, hope he enjoyed his college experience outside of football
    TE Kent Taylor - 89 OVR - this team loves the TE and he's their best, should be a monster season, maybe some postseason awards
    LT DJ Humphries - 88 OVR - the teams best tackle
    G Dante Phillips - 88 OVR - the teams best guard
    RE Jonathan Bullard - 88 OVR - you may want to run away from his 96 block shedding
    RE Alex McAlister - 84 OVR - the third best DE on the team, could see the field in spots
    DT Quinteze Williams - 89 OVR - the best DT on the team, a balanced force in the interior
    LOLB Jeremi Powell - 83 OVR - the teams best outside 'backer, has abnormal speed (90+) but lacks technique
    MLB Dakota Wilson - 81 OVR - another starter, another 90 speed guy with a lower OVR
    CB Brian Poole - 86 OVR - this kid will be lined up over teams #2 wideouts all year long

[​IMG] 9 fifth year seniors, 5 sure starters, 3 others should see significant time on the field
    WR Ja'Quay Williams - 84 OVR - looks like the #2 or #3 WR on the team, so he should get a few catches this year
    TE Darrion Hutcherson - 84 OVR - #2 on the depth chart means limited action for the big fella
    RT Jordan Diamond - 84 OVR - the best tackle on the team
    LT Avery Young - 83 OVR - starter opposite Diamond
    G Alex Kozan - 92 OVR - The teams best lineman by a wide margin
    RE Gimel Smith - 78 OVR - a career backup
    ROLB Cassanova McKinzy - 85 OVR - the teams top 'backer
    CB TJ Davis - 86 OVR - Day one starter as the #2 CB for this defense
    CB Joshua Holsey - 85 OVR - the nickel corner should get plenty of work this year

[​IMG] 10 Fifth year seniors, 5 starters, including the fastest 1-2 WR combo in the nation
    QB Nathan Peterman - 90 OVR - the teams projected starter. Has the tools but could struggle in this offense
    WR Jason Croom - 88 OVR - WR 1 for this club, this kid is 6'4 and has world class speed
    WR Drae Bowles - 87 OVR - the fastest player on the planet (99 spd/acc), too bad he plays at UT
    TE Justin Meredith 78 OVR - buried on the bench as the #3 TE
    DE LaTroy Lewis - 78 OVR - a backup for this D-line
    OLB Kenneth Bynum - 80 OVR - A career backup at Rocky Top
    OLB Justin King - 78 OVR - another player who's spent his career in the background
    CB Deion Bonner - 78 OVR - a limited player who will start for UT's thin secondary
    FS LaDarrell McNeil - 84 OVR - the best player in the secondary, maybe on the whole defense
    SS Tino Thomas - 78 OVR - buried on the depth chart as the #3 SS

[​IMG] 8 fifth year seniors (non-JUCO), 6 starters (including the #3 WR)
    HB Jonathan Williams - 91 OVR - The teams best back in a HB by committee system
    TE Demetrius Dean - 92 OVR - One of the best in the nation, a reliable target in the passing game
    G Jeremy Ward - 91 OVR - The veteran of a talented O-line
    WR Keon Hatcher - 90 OVR - A starter who has the ability to make tough grabs in traffic
    WR D'arthur Crown - 90 OVR -A speed merchant in the slot stretching the seam
    OLB Otha Peters - 82 OVR - Should see some time in blowouts during his final season
    SS Will Hines - 82 OVR - a career backup at FS and now SS
    DT Darius Philon - 88 OVR - the teams #2 DT, he'll be on the field in the 4-3

[​IMG] 13 fifth year seniors, 9 starters (10 if Morris is the QB)
    QB Alec Morris - 83 OVR - The best pure passer for the Tide, but not athletic at all, hard to say how many snaps he'll take
    HB TJ Yeldon - 93 OVR - The best position player on the team, should carry the load on offense
    WR Chris Black - 89 OVR - Bama's top WR has elite speed and great YAC potential with his HB like open field abilities
    WR Amari Cooper - 87 OVR - A starter with fantastic route running and solid hands
    TE Curt Freitag - 86 OVR - the #2 TE has WR-like speed, wouldn't be shocked to see him out wide in 3 or 4 WR sets
    C Brandon Greene - 92 OVR - The anchor and best player on the O-line
    G Caleb Gulledge - 84 OVR - A starter for the Tide
    DT Dalvin Tomlinson - 90 OVR - Anchors the center of the 4-3 as the #2 DT forming the strongest part of the D
    OLB Dillion Lee - 85 OVR - A balanced starter with above average athleticism
    MLB Reggie Ragland - 85 OVR - Backup 'backer in the 4-3 scheme
    OLB Tyler Hayes - 85 OVR - very similar skill set to Lee on the other edge
    CB FU Jayrah - 88 OVR - The teams #1 CB has shutdown man coverage (99) but only adequate speed
    CB Geno Smith - 82 OVR - listed as the teams #4 CB, should see only limited playing time

[​IMG] 10 fifth year seniors, all but one (the nickel CB) are starters, that's a lot of experience!
    QB Matt Davis - 89 OVR - this writer noticed this kid year one, finally see what he can do with his Mike Vick impression
    HB Trey Williams - 96 OVR - One of the best speed backs in the country is back for one more run
    WR Thomas Johnson - 89 OVR - a very fast WR who is this teams #2, should get plenty of work
    T Kimo Tipoti - 87 OVR - A starter at tackle
    T Germain Ifedi - 86 OVR - gives the team wierd named bookend tackles
    G Mike Matthews - 88 OVR - Another starter on this teams solid O-line
    DE Michael Richardson - 87 OVR - A starter expected to hold up in the SEC
    DE Tyrone Taylor - 83 OVR - The other DE starter who slowly became an okay player
    OLB Jordan Richmond - 84 OVR - a starter on the outside, a solid, balanced player
    CB DeVonte Harris - 78 OVR - the #3 CB on the team will see plenty of time vs spread offenses

[​IMG] 9 fifth year seniors, 5 sure starters, 2 sure backups, 2 that could/should play
    HB Lamar Louis - 89 OVR - the teams best HB may not get the most carries because of his speed (87) but should IMO with 99 acc and 91 trucking
    WR Avery Johnson - 86 OVR - The Tigers #2 WR has solid speed but struggles to make difficult catches (79 jump/ 68 spec catch)
    T Dered Edinburgh - 83 OVR - a 358 lb backup with marginal athleticism but freakish strength (99)
    C Vadal Alexander - 94 OVR - one of the best in the country at center
    DE Danielle Hunter - 83 OVR - could play, the DE corps for LSU has 4 players at 83 or 84 OVR
    OLB Ronnie Feist - 89 OVR - a fluid athlete who easily sheds blockers to get to the ball
    MLB Deion Jones - 83 OVR - Unlikely to see the field much with the team running the 4-3
    CB Jerquinick Sandolph - 83 OVR - the #2 CB on the squad excels more in zone than man
    FS Derrick Raymond - 84 OVR - Solid ballhawk type FS who is better in coverage than run support

[​IMG] 5 fifth year seniors, only 3 starters
    QB Maty Mauk - 91 OVR - a Heisman finalist as a Junior, how will he do without DGB?
    G Evan Boehm - The best O-lineman on the team
    LE Rickey Hatley - 84 OVR - Developed into a nice player with above average speed/accel for the position
    DT Evan Winston - 77 OVR - a career backup making one more run as the #2 DT
    FS Ka'Ra Stewart - 83 OVR - the #2 FS will see limited time on the field

[​IMG] An amazing 16 fifth year seniors, 8 of which are likely to start
    QB Preston Dewey - 89 OVR - A solid passing career backup
    HB Randy Johnson - 90 OVR - One of the fastest HBs in the nation. Should be the "go to" guy in this offense
    HB Chris Boyd - 85 OVR - the 6'6" Boyd was moved over from WR at some point, has speed and hands
    WR Angelo Jean Louis - 88 OVR - one of 3 WRs rated 88 at Miami, has great speed, route running, and hands
    WR Malcom Lewis - 88 OVR - has elite speed and acceleration to stretch the field
    WR Jontavious Carter - 82 OVR - Unlikely to play much as the 5th WR for this team
    TE Bryan Johnson - 77 OVR - will see time in 2 TE sets
    LT Ereck Flowers - 89 OVR - the starter on the QBs blindside
    LG Daniel Isidora - 91 OVR - brings enormous size and strength to the interior
    DE Dwayne Hoilett - 82 OVR - a starter for the 'canes
    DT DeQuan Ivery - 80 OVR - a practice squad player behind one of the best DT corps in the nation
    OLB Josh Witt - 79 OVR - A backup with marginal agility but nice straight line speed
    MLB Raphael Kirby - 89 OVR - Best LB on the team, is fantastic in pursuit
    OLB Jawand Blue - 84 OVR - with 88 speed and 99 accel, this kid could have a monster year
    CB Vernon Davis - 80 OVR - should be the teams nickel or dime corner
    SS Deion Bush - 86 OVR - listed as the #2 SS but is faster and has better play recognition than the starter

[​IMG] 12 fifth year seniors (non JUCO), 9 starters, 6 on D!
    QB Jameis Wilson - 88 OVR - a backup with situational value
    HB Mario Pender - 90 OVR - best FSU HB in decades, a star for this offense
    WR Marvin Bracy - 85 OVR - Teams #2 WR, has ganebreaking speed on the outside
    TE Christo Kourtzidis - 82 OVR - Starter at TE, should get some looks in the passing game
    RT Chris Todd - 80 OVR - a backup on the O-line
    DE Chris Casher - 85 OVR - Finally gets a chance to start after 4 years of waiting
    DT Mario Edwards - 98 OVR - one of the best players in the nation, don't run up the gut vs FSU
    OLB Reggie Northrup - 88 OVR - Starting OLB, fast, unblockable and delivers huge hits
    OLB Ukeme Eligwe - 86 OVR - Starts opposite Northrup and is like a lighter version of him
    OLB Dustin Gilmore - 76 OVR - Career backup should only play in blowouts or if there are injuries
    CB Ronald Darby - 84 OVR - A starter for a thin CB corps, one of the fastest players in the country
    SS PJ Williams - 86 overall - A solid player in the secondary, but not a star

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dru50

Dang - who knew I had that many.

QB Fatua - the QB I mentioned previously. I don't play Richt's kids unless I have no other option, considering I've signed about 12 QB's in the past two seasons I have PLENTY of options.

WR Ward - He'll be my #2, I thought he was a 1st year recruit, but I guess he was down the depth chart on season 1.

WR Gurley - Not likely to play. He is painfully slow (86 speed) for a WR and I have younger guys I'd rather get on the field.

WR Tibbs - He is slated to be the 5th WR, which means he won't be on the field aside from blowouts.

LT Theus - He is my starting RT.

LE Jordan Jenkins - fairly certain he was a juco recruit from season 2 or 3. He is the #3 DE this year.

RE DeLoach - Doesn't play much, never really has.

DT Taylor - Another kid I thought was a JUCO recruit a few seasons ago.

LOLB Clemon - Not a bad LB, but I'd rather play my recruits.

CB Dawson - He may drop down the depth chart as I get my top CB recruit from season 4 some PT.

P Barber - I agree, I don't care about punters.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My Oline is an abomination. Missing that offseason hurt and I overlooked picking up some good linemen the past few seasons. So these 3 will be key this season!

RT Jordan Diamond - 84 OVR - the best tackle on the team
    LT Avery Young - 83 OVR - starter opposite Diamond
    G Alex Kozan - 92 OVR - The teams best lineman by a wide margin

Ja'Quay couldn't catch a cold last season. But he's big and somewhat fast so he will see time. I run alot of 2 TE stuff so Hutcherson will also see the field quite a bit. Really the only 5th year guy that will most likely not see the light of day is Gimel Smith. He's the worst of my DE's.

8. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

[​IMG] 12 fifth year seniors, 10 of them should be day one starters, the Gators need a breakout recruiting year!
    QB Skyler Mornhiweg - 88 OVR - looks like he'll start for the pass happy Gators
    HB Matt Jones - 90 OVR - the teams #1 HB, not that backs get much work at UF
    WR Latroy Pittman - 82 OVR - #6 on the depth chart, hope he enjoyed his college experience outside of football
    TE Kent Taylor - 89 OVR - this team loves the TE and he's their best, should be a monster season, maybe some postseason awards
    LT DJ Humphries - 88 OVR - the teams best tackle
    G Dante Phillips - 88 OVR - the teams best guard
    RE Jonathan Bullard - 88 OVR - you may want to run away from his 96 block shedding
    RE Alex McAlister - 84 OVR - the third best DE on the team, could see the field in spots
    DT Quinteze Williams - 89 OVR - the best DT on the team, a balanced force in the interior
    LOLB Jeremi Powell - 83 OVR - the teams best outside 'backer, has abnormal speed (90+) but lacks technique
    MLB Dakota Wilson - 81 OVR - another starter, another 90 speed guy with a lower OVR
    CB Brian Poole - 86 OVR - this kid will be lined up over teams #2 wideouts all year long
    [/quote]

QB Skyler Mornhiweg is the backup. Xavier Johnson was given the starter position last year and hes a SO(Rs).
    HB I dont even know who i have since Francis bailed as a So(Rs).
    TE Kent Taylor IS THE MAN in Gainesville. This will be his first year as the #1 TE on the Depth chart. So he will be out there for all the snaps. (unless i swap in the blocking TE)
    CB Poole will be forced into a starting role as our top CB bailed as a So(Rs).

9. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Last season was a disaster recruiting year and missing the offseason compounded it. I have 11 players under 70. and i think one is a 49 :) so yes this year is important.
    But from looking online before retiring... no one special is coming to gainesville. Could be a rough time soon for Florida.

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

86? That's all we've had in Gainesville :) if he can catch, send him over.

11. Dru50

You don't need him, you'll just throw to your TE anyway.:p

12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Ha three guys had over 70 catches :p

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You had 3 TE's? :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

QB Jameis Winston - 88 OVR - He's the backup as of now because he'll sit behind 92 overall RS Junior Matt Ryan. Winston will see time as he has great speed for a QB (88 speed, 91 acceleration, 85 agility) and a good arm (92 power, 88 accuracy). A 2 QB system is likely.

HB Mario Pender - 90 OVR - Pender is the 1st FSU HB to rush for over 1,000 yards since Warrick Dunn and he's back. 96 speed, 99 acceleration, 94 agility, and 98 elusiveness make him a great HB and returner. (*backup Huffman is a RS SR but a JUCO player.) With 91 overall FB Cole Rodgers blocking for him, FSU's rushing attack could be very strong if the O-Line doesn't suck so much.

WR Marvin Bracy - 85 OVR - He's only 5'9" but with 97 speed, 99 acceleration, teams will have to keep an eye on him as he lines up next to 6'5" receiver Christian Brown.

TE Christo Kourtzidis - 82 OVR - This guy is nothing special but he has some good hands and may see time at WR.

DE Chris Casher - 85 OVR - Casher hasn't played much at FSU but that's because of the D-Line depth. With Mario Edwards moved to DT, it opens up a spot for him to start.

DT Mario Edwards - 98 OVR - Edwards, weighing 316 lbs., makes the move to DT from DE this year after a great junior season. One of the best players in the nation, Edwards was a projected 4th rounds pick 2 years ago and decided to stay in school again for a 5th year as he's expected to be a top 5 pick. He has great attributes and should have an amazing season.

OLB Reggie Northrup - 88 OVR - Northrup has some speed and some pretty good hit power. He has decent cover skills and having him on the field will allow FSU to play a 4-3 set vs. some 3-wide sets.

OLB Ukeme Eligwe - 86 OVR - Eligwe is a very similar player to Northrup, giving FSU some pretty good speed and cover skills from their outside linebackers.

CB Ronald Darby - 84 OVR - Darby isn't much of a tackler, but he probably won't face a receiver with better speed than him. He should see time as a kick returner.

FS PJ Williams - 86 overall - Williams is solid overall but he could work on his zone coverage and tackling skills.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  15. Wyrmreaver

Sweet, I'll add them to the original post later today!

16. Dru50

Mario Edwards at DT could be scary good.

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 6 RS(seniors) from the original roster.

Jonathan Williams 91 overall HB ( Will split snaps 3 ways )
    Demetrius Dean 92 overall TE ( starter )
    Jeremy Ward 91 overall G (starter )
    Keon Hatcher 90 overall WR ( starter #2 )
    D'arthur Crown 90 overall WR (starter #3 )
    Otha Peters 82 overall OLB ( bench )

18. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Lol...
    Actually no :p
    I did have three TEs playing/starting in different sets.
    But my wideouts get their share :p

19. Wyrmreaver

Updated, only three more teams to do.

Arkansas had a couple that WGW hadn't posted, I checked teambuilder to be sure they weren't JUCO

20. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Echols is a transfer,

Philon and Davis I am pretty sure I recruited as jucos

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

LSU

HB Louis - He'll get a lot of touches in short yardage and goalline situations.
    WR Johnson - Deep threat reciever who gets a starting role.
    C Alexander - Finally moves up to become a starter at C.
    CB Sandolph - Moved to start at S last year, and now will be CB #2.
    FS Raymond - Starter with great speed, good cover skills.

22. Wyrmreaver

I saw same position and number as freshman in Teambuilder for Philon and Davis, and with +4 or 5 per season to the OVRs it looked right. Echols I didnt see in TB

23. Wyrmreaver

Updated....

Mizzou has the fewest with 5! (also have an MLB, but he was a JUCO recruit)

Miami has the most with a whopping 16

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

What can I say, I like my red shirts...

QB Preston Dewey - 89 OVR - A solid passing career backup Yup, except that whenever he comes into the game I forget he is left-handed
    HB Randy Johnson - 90 OVR - One of the fastest HBs in the nation. Should be the "go to" guy in this offense This IS my go to guy, and as long as health permits, will be the work force
    HB Chris Boyd - 85 OVR - the 6'6" Boyd was moved over from WR at some point, has speed and hands Believe it or not, he was not a converted WR. He's also a JUCO transfer though
    WR Angelo Jean Louis - 88 OVR - one of 3 WRs rated 88 at Miami, has great speed, route running, and hands Angelo is my #3/#4 receiver and is dependable
    WR Malcom Lewis - 88 OVR - has elite speed and acceleration to stretch the field Malcolm really came into his own this year and will prevent teams from focusing on Christensen
    WR Jontavious Carter - 82 OVR - Unlikely to play much as the 5th WR for this team True. He will not see the field much
    TE Bryan Johnson - 77 OVR - will see time in 2 TE sets He's a surprisingly good receiver and we do have a number of 2 TE sets, so he'll definitely see the field often
    LT Ereck Flowers - 89 OVR - the starter on the QBs blindside He's a great run blocker, so it's unorthodox for him to be on the left
    LG Daniel Isidora - 91 OVR - brings enormous size and strength to the interior Our HBs will be running right behind Isidora and Flowers
    DE Dwayne Hoilett - 82 OVR - a starter for the 'canes He was solid last year, and will need to be solid again this year
    DT DeQuan Ivery - 80 OVR - a practice squad player behind one of the best DT corps in the nation Poor Ivery. He'll only get mob up duty
    OLB Josh Witt - 79 OVR - A backup with marginal agility but nice straight line speed Yes, Witt will not see the field much as he is the 3rd on both OLB position depth charts
    MLB Raphael Kirby - 89 OVR - Best LB on the team, is fantastic in pursuit He's done a great job replacing Perryman and has amazing ability to get to ball
    OLB Jawand Blue - 84 OVR - with 88 speed and 99 accel, this kid could have a monster year I don't notice it until after the game, but Blue always ends near the top of the tackle charts
    CB Vernon Davis - 80 OVR - should be the teams nickel or dime corner He'll play, I'm just not sure if 3/4/5
    SS Deion Bush - 86 OVR - listed as the #2 SS but is faster and has better play recognition than the starter We'll find a way to get Bush on the field, he may even play some corner

25. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Sorry this took a long time to post, I had trouble posting stuff yesterday.

RB TJ Yeldon- 93 OVR he is a stud in real life, but I have had trouble getting his running game going
    WR Chris Black- 89 OVR one of the many freshman WRs who are simply not very good
    WR Amari Cooper-87 OVR see above
    TE Kurt Freitag-86 OVR-he doesn't start, the EA Developers simply did not like Alabama's freshman class
    G Caleb Gulledge-86 OVR, really this guy is an offensive lineman for the Crimson Tide
    C Brandon Green 92 OVR-Now this is what I am talking about
    DT Dalvin Tomlinson-for some reason I think recruited this guy, but he is 90 OVR
    OLB Dillion Lee 85 OVR-further proof that EA does not like Alabama
    OLB Tyler Hayes 85 OVR-see above
    MLB Reggie Ragland 85 OVR-see above, he doesn't start
    CB FU Jayrah 88 OVR-don't know his real name, but he has started for at least 3 seasons
    CB Geno Smith-85 OVR-ladies and gentlemen he is my fourth best CB, further proof EA hates Alabama

As I stated early in this dynasty, Alabama's original freshman class was not rated very well. Other than Yeldon, Green, Tomlinson, and maybe Black they progressed very disappointingly. I think Alabama originally had 3 freshman receivers, and about all got passed in ratings by recruits I signed. I am disappointed that Cheesman Darqueri and Zachary Deuel left early. Deuel was a 5 star recruit I signed year one, and I am pretty sure Darquieri would have been a fifth year senior and their ratings would have beaten Black and Cooper.