#6 Michigan St @ #5 Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#6 Michigan St @ #5 Wisconsin

--The Spartans traveled to Madison looking to give themselves the inside track at a BCS bowl game and end the Badgers chances. It didn't take long for Michigan State to quiet the crowd as they shut down the Badgers on three straight plays and wasted on there first drive, in a feat in itself after allowing 400 yards rushing in their previous meeting.

It took two possesions for the Spartans offense to start clicking but once they got rolling there was no stopping them. The offense rolled up 21 unaswered points behind the arm of senior quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Monte Ball, who had a great game rushing for 146 yards on only 15 carries, was able to get Wisco on the board with a 21 yard touchdown run to make it 21-7. After a stop by the Badgers defense their offense got the crowd back into the game driving the ball all the way to Spartans 1 yard line. Our defense was able to hold them out of the end zone and Wisconsin didnt hesitate to try and score on 4th down behind their powerful offensive line. Our line held the play up long enough for Josh Adams to break through and send the back head over heels without the ball. A quick scoop by safety Lewis and 99 yards later Michigan State was up 28-7.

The Spartans took very few risks in the second half and were able to extend their lead. The game ended with Wisconsin taking a knee and a 41-15 loss.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

And so the great career of Clay is coming to an end with nothing to show for it but a bunch of worthless yards.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think his 36 rushing TD's may get him a Heismanman.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

impressive win. good job!

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Why no response Jay?

WEll i'm on the record as saying that Cole is dangerous this year.... This would have to count as more evidence toward that being the case... Nice win.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

WISCONSIN......Why so quiet????

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[YOUTUBE]5G0B-581bEA[/YOUTUBE]

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

I see why...now.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

JMS, why did you hide all of Cole's inside runs!?

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Be fortunate you got any highlights......that was hard to watch again. I learn shit every time but the bottom line is my Defensive players are fucking too slow....and my line creates zero pass rush. All you need to do send 3 receivers out and keep everyone else in to block. It negates me blitzing and given enough time your guys will be open. Until I get a little speed and some DEs....I am going to be very frustrated on Defense.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok I'll be fortunate, I just want to make sure everything is on the up and up, I mean all I saw out of MSU the entire highlight package was outside (and bouncing outside) runs, slants, drags, and one sort of slant/post. But obviously it was a highlight package not a game reel.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

if your really interested...which I doubt. the whole game is here (disregard the Purdue title)

http://www.justin.tv/jms493/b/270459137

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

why would you doubt me bro!?

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cole dominated that ass. JMS will need to find his niche...sounds like jms from last year.

Just keep with the Wisconsin bread and butter!

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well I guess you want to watch Cole and not me. have fun! I really didnt put forth my best effort on offense.

That Purdue game on defense kind of broke me.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

even though i lost 3 BCS games i did make it there 3 years in a row.......dont forget that mutherfuckers.:mad:

And dont Forget JUJU throwing for nearly 5000 yards 1 year.....

U fuckers are pushing the right buttons fo shoo.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What's that saying about a squirrels nuts?

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

well JMS didn't help matters on that run with a 4-4 and cheating to the strong side. plus his CB makes things even worse by dropping back into coverage at the snap.

i've just never been a fan of the immediate bounce outside on runs. its not as bad this year because of how running is done, and this wasn't even a classic case (historically its guys picking the blasts and leads and bouncing it immediately outside).

but those two steps from leaning outside on the stick were probably the difference between that LB hitting him square for a couple of yards gain and him being able to glance off and run down field.