66-40???

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JOEDESIGNS, Feb 28, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

66-40???

Watched VT make me look like an idiot. Their RB was unstoppable bouncing off 6 different guys. The computer made sure I would lose this game. Going for it on 4 and 5 when up by 30. Come on Basis can we fix this?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Gotta have a better week of practice next week I suppose. :D

But seriously -- people are going to lose games to the CPU. We're not an arcade league where you can always, somehow, find a way to never lose to the CPU, even if it means breaking out that oh-so-effective play 10 times in the second half.

These sliders are brutal with momentum. If the CPU starts to get it, you better find a way to break it ASAP or you will end up like FSU after this VT game, or like me after Tennessee last season. It may seem harsh, but our stats are almost right on the money, and the CPU isn't a pushover. To me, these are good things.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Oh I understand about losing. And I know it's part of the dynasty. I'm talking about the 4th and 5 up by 30 BS. I would have just liked a chance. VT IS BRUTAL.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I wish there were sliders that effected fourth down decisions, NCAA has horrible AI when it comes to that. They lose more games due to going for it and fake punts then they win games with those decisions.... of course the game was already in the bag when they made that decision.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Because the CPU almost never makes it when they go for fake punts, I don't allow them to attempt them (since it makes the game too easy). Any time my "ask Corso" plays are PR safe defenses, that means that the CPU called a fake punt. Therefor anytime I get PR safe requrest, I choose a normal defense like a base 4-3 defense and then the CPU will audible to a real punt instead.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I do that too. Sometimes they will fake it anyway. Stupid ass CPU.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

CPU has no respect. Assholes.

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

?!?!?

You're confusing what the cpu is doing. I always put in a base defense when the cpu is on their 40 or closer to my goalline.

When the CPU reads the base defense it thinks "block punt" and audibles to protect, this is only if it was punting in the first place. If the cpu comes out in a max protect or stays in a normal punt formation then it has picked a fake punt.

The reason I can say with quite certainty that the cpu is not audibling out of the fake punt is that this is the same behavior it has when you come out in block punt, and the hell if their going to audible out of a fake punt pass if your sending 10 at the punter... ok, I know this is EA programming this thing but I'll give them a little credit.