7 BIG Questions

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Ryty, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

7 BIG QUESTIONS

Since we have a few days to kill, I figured I would start asking each Hard Knocks user 7 BIG questions they are facing for the 2011 season. I will tackle two users every three days. This week -

TEAM NUMBER 1

[​IMG]

1. Now that Tim Hightower is gone and Chris Wells is on the trading block, what makes you so confident that Ryan Williams can carry the workload as the teams #1 running back?

2. Larry Fitzgerald’s contract is up after the 2011 season, what makes you think he will be willing to come back to Arizona?

3. Can Kevin Kolb live up to the high expectations that you have for him? If so, what makes you so sure?

4. With Alan Faneca retiring, Duece Lutui traded and then resigned due to failing a physical in Cincinnati, and Lyle Senlein still a free agent, how do you plan on addressing the lack of talent on the offensive line?

5. Patrick Peterson has stated that he wants to be a Cleveland Brown, will you consider trading him there? If not, why?

6. With DRC gone to Philly and Darnell Dockett not living up to the big contract he signed last offseason, what is going to be the strength of your defense?

7. What are the realistic expectations for this team overall?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

TEAM NUMBER 2

[​IMG]

1. What did you see in Christian Ponder that nobody else in football saw that made you think he was worthy of the 12th overall pick?

2. What did you see in Donovan McNabb’s terrible year in Washington that made you think that he would be able to help your team in 2011? Is his main role going to be mentoring Ponder?

3. Obviously, the loss of Sidney Rice hurts. With Percy Harvin and ……. at wide receiver, do you feel that you need help at this position? If so, what type of receiver will you target?

4. Adrian Peterson rushed for a career-low 1,298 yards last season. Do you expect this to change this season or will you look to get Toby Gerhart more carries?

5. Do you plan on being a little more aggressive in your defensive approach than you were last season?

6. With Ray Edwards leaving via free agency and Kevin Williams continually getting caught with PEDs, are you at all concerned about your defensive line? If so, what are your plans to address this unit?

7. What are realistic expectations for this team overall?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

• Like Like x 6
  4. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i'm looking forward to what answers these coaches give you.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

What did you see in Christian Ponder that nobody else in football saw that made you think he was worthy of the 12th overall pick?
    1. Christian Ponder was a 3 year starter and one of the most successful Quarterbacks in FSU school history. Christian is very smart and showed the ability to make good decisions that we think will carry onto the next level. He graduated in 2.5 years and has a masters degree in business administration. I believe that many teams were scared away from his injury issues he had during his junior and senior seasons. However, we took a gamble in another injury prone player from Oklahoma and that has turned out well for us.

What did you see in Donovan McNabb’s terrible year in Washington that made you think that he would be able to help your team in 2011? Is his main role going to be mentoring Ponder?
    2. When looking at Donavan, you have to take his whole body of work into account. Each season is different. We don't know too much of what really went down in Washington and frankly, we really don't care. We believe we have the players he needs to succeed again like when he took the Eagles to the Super Bowl. People are quick to forget that he led the Eagles to 4 consecutive NFC East titles and 5 NFC Championship games. We know that was a long time ago but again if you surround him with talent, good things are bound to happen. Not only can he impact our offense this year he will impact our future as Christian Ponder will be able to learn from him hopefully for more than a season.

Obviously, the loss of Sidney Rice hurts. With Percy Harvin and ……. at wide receiver, do you feel that you need help at this position? If so, what type of receiver will you target?
    3. Fucking Sidney Rice, that asshole left to the Seahawks. That pansy ass team deserves his pansy ass. In all seriousness, we do need one more receiver. Similar to Sidney would be great. Percy is great but he needs someone to free him to make those big plays. We will see if Michael Jenkins can do the job otherwise we will be looking on the market.

Adrian Peterson rushed for a career-low 1,298 yards last season. Do you expect this to change this season or will you look to get Toby Gerhart more carries?
    4. It might have been his "career low" but he did manage to improve on a big area of his game. He had a "career low" in fumbles with 1. Ask any true Viking fan, we are happy to see that number down. Look, if you want to be a dumbass and think that Peterson is headed downhill then lock yourself in a room and throw away the key. The reason he had such low numbers last year is because teams were able to stack the box and key on him. Bringing in McNabb or even Ponder and having that ability to execute pass plays should it open it up a little more for him to roam. I would like to see Gerhart get some carries just so Adrian isn't so tired when we need him the most. I would also like to see us run Adrian to the outside. We always ran him up the gut.

Do you plan on being a little more aggressive in your defensive approach than you were last season?
    5. We plan on bringing the thunder. I watch a lot of the games with my favorite Vikings fan other than my 2 sons, my Father. He gets so pissed off because we don't blitz when we need to. So, I plan on blitzing the shit out of you cats, in a sim manner of course.

With Ray Edwards leaving via free agency and Kevin Williams continually getting caught with PEDs, are you at all concerned about your defensive line? If so, what are your plans to address this unit?
    6. The defensive unit was hurt by Ray leaving. He had 16.5 sacks in 2 years for us. The Williams' wall is getting old and we are tired of them getting popped for shit. We picked up Christian Ballard in the 4th round of the draft and we feel he will be a great player for us in the future. We still have Jared Allen and Brian Robison on the ends. We could definitely pick up a player if need be but I don't think our line is horrible.

What are realistic expectations for this team overall?
    7. Realistic? I am a true fan of the Minnesota Vikings. I've been since I started watching football. Every year, I believe we have a shot at winning the Super Bowl. I wouldn't be a true loyal fan if I didn't think we could get it done this season. I think with the addition of McNabb, we have the talent to take on anybody in the NFC and our division is ours for the taking. Whether these silly Bears fans believe it or not.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. jp_0988

jp_0988 Walk On

Nice work guys! Really enjoyed the reading! Keep it up!

7. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

This Is awesome Ry. Cant wait for cowboys questions

• Like Like x 1
  8. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

well cant wait see what are the next user teams going to be to answer 7 big questions or could of called this 7 points questions too since it is a football term too .

9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I will have questions up for the commishes tonight. The dallas cowboys and the houston texans.

10. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

great , keep it up man

11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

GREAT SUCCESS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

are gong interview people on waiting list as well ?, i can answer 7 questions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. controllerabuser

Lol

14. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I am still waiting for the viqueens answers, all I hear is 4-12

• Like Like x 3
  15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Stop lying to yourself CA....

You know sure as hell he wasn't your damn draft pick. This guy will be playing for the Iowa Barnstormers come next season.

:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Damn. That guy ate one too many cheeseburgers

• Like Like x 1
  17. controllerabuser

Hopefully, Ponder can hold onto snaps from field goals ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. controllerabuser

This went in one ear and out the other, like when my girlfriend bitches at me. Makes no sense!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

TEAM 3

[​IMG]

1. Many Cowboy observers felt that the team gravitated towards Jon Kitna during Romo’s absence last season. It appeared to be a direct reflection on Romo’s inability to lead and his overall likeability. With that said, do you feel that Romo is the long term QB and leader of this team?

2. Are you confident in Felix Jones being your featured running back? Or are you looking for him to split carries with DeMarco Murray and Tashard Choice?

3. Do you agree with this statement? With the Eagles signing pretty much every decent free agent and the Cowboys still being over the salary cap with their marquee free agent signing being an average safety in Abe Elam, the 2011 offseason is an unmitigated disaster for Dallas.

4. Rob Ryan is one of the most aggressive defensive coordinators in the league. Does this Cowboys defense have the personnel to shine in his 3-4 attacking scheme?

5. Last season’s Cowboys secondary was considered by many to be the worst in team history (statistically). How is this going to change when the personnel is basically the same?

6. In less than ten words, what is the identity of this team?

7. What are realistic expectations for this team overall?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

TEAM 4

[​IMG]

1. When talking about the Texans, one analyst said “the offense is 12 – 4 and the defense is 4 – 12. That is how you get 8-8 every season.” As coach of the Texans, what do you have to do to break this trend?

2. I think I speak for most of the NFL when I say, who in the hell is Arian Foster? Do you think that he is a one year wonder or is 2010 the reality for this guy?

3. Wade Phillips is your new defensive coordinator and will move the D to the 3-4. This leads us to a simple question – did you watch Wade’s Cowboy defense last season? What makes you think that his 3-4 scheme will work with an arguably less talented defense (especially in the secondary) than he had in Dallas?

4. Andre Johnson could be the best wide receiver in the league. Besides him, where will Matt Schaub go with the ball?

5. The offensive line performed very well last season. However, with no pro-bowlers in this unit, how did they do it?

6. Most scouts love the 1st round pick of DE J.J. Watt in the 2011 NFL Draft. His attitude and overall versatility will fit in well with the new 3-4 D. With that said, who else from this year’s class do you think could contribute this year and in the future?

7. Quite simply, is it playoffs or bust once again for this team?

21. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Also, if you want to use these logos as Avatars, here you go. I had to reduce the size in order to fit properly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  22. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

• Like Like x 5
  23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 2
  24. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

how about them cowboys , yeah they need the playoffs or season is total losss for them and speaking Tony Romo , draft him for your fantasy team because i did , i mean guy has great weapons around him to throw it around. the thing to like about romo is his feet and how he moves in the pocket .

25. controllerabuser

He ain't got no weapons.