7 minute quarters anyone?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Dec 7, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Just tossing this out there. After looking at the week 1 scores, only 2 teams didn't hang 40+ in their games. Perhaps going down to 7 would be a good idea.

Thoughts?

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't know if you counted mine as a 40+ game or not but I only scored 30. I got the disc read error after the game and had to sim it, that's how I got over 40.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

some of those games were against teams that arent very good... if the conference games start to get out of hand... maybe something should be changed.... but for now i like 8 minutes quarters, it allows you to make mistakes and still have time to come back...

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This is where my opinion differs. Maybe it's just me, but I get all the game scores emailed to my phone. And when looking at majority of them as well as reading game summaries between this league and the experience, it always seems that the CPU can hold it's own until half time. But then in the second half, they get blown away. My theory is if the game was shorter, the cpu might hold up better. I have no proof it would work, but I'm just tossing it out there as an idea.

5. JrRawlins

i was speaking about myself than others, i know i usually start off terrible but make adjustments and come back, where others may start off strong and struggle late...

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I need all the time I can get to come back.

7. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Same with me. Last night Clemson kept doing the same passing plays over and over on me in the 1st half. A stupid dump off to a WR or RB out in the flat. I just made adjustments and then started dominating them.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I like the pace of 8 minute quarters.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i like 8 min qtrs.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

8 is all good with me. I'm not a very high scorer. My games are usually in the low 30's

11. JrRawlins

shit 15 minute quarter couldnt have helped me last night.....

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I like 8 minute quarters as well. If you get into shoot outs, it won't matter if you have 7 minute quarters of 8 minute quarters. With the accelerated clock when I run the ball efficiently, I sometimes have games where the CPU and I only have around 100 plays.