7 OT game (C2C)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by KnightNoles, May 11, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    7 OT game (C2C)

I thought I would share...

2014 Season (Year 6)
    Week 2
    #7 Notre Dame (Twist) @ #15 Michigan (Bondzai)

Game Summary written by Twist

Notre Dame: 73 Michigan: 71

First off, my hats off to Bond, as he played a whale of a game and either of us could have won but I got lucky on a couple plays to swing the momentum to the Irish. (side note: Coach Twist was released from the hospital after complaining of stomach pains, diagnosed to be an ulcer from playing so many close games. The Athletic Department thanks all notes and best wishes from the Irish fans and warns the death threats from Wolverine fans to cease and desist!) This was a tail of a game and a half as the first attempt was a disconnect in the second quarter with the Domers up 10-7.

The Wolverines jumped out to an early 14-3 lead due to a beautiful pass and run that Coach Bond should show in his highlights. Also the ND starting RB was KOed by a vicious hit from a Michigan defender and will miss the next 7 weeks with a broken jaw. The Irish responded with 2 FGs and the Wolverines countered with a TD to send the game into the half with Michigan leading 21-13 and would get the ball to open the second half.
    This play, an intercepted option pitch helped shift the luck to the Irish:

The Wolverines were stopped on their initial possession and the Irish went down to score a td and went for the 2 pt conversion to tie the game at 21. On the next possession, the QB White hit a WR in stride who was held up by the burnt CB and leveled by the trailing LB. CB Thomas Poland picked up the fumble and raced to the EZ for the Domers to take a 28-21 lead.

Coach Bond went on to score another TD and FG and it was up to K Rashad Anderson to nail the GT FG and send the game into OT with :09 on the clock.

The 6 OT was just back and forth matching FGs, 2 pt conversions until the Wolverines were stopped on their 2 pt conversion and the Domers scored and had to make their 2 pointer to get the W.

The stats or even my descriptions do not do this game justice. You just had to be there as Noles could probably attest. Amazing game Coach Bond! I never thought we could top the 3 OT game we started our rivalry with but I was wrong.

Stats from the game:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    First Downs 20 23
    Total O 367 491
    Rushing 51-206-6 45-121-5
    Passing 164 370
    Total yds 510 687

Passing: ND: Yates: 15/22 165 yards 1 td 0 int
    Mich: White: 24-29 370 yards 4 tds 0 int

Rushing: ND: Waller: 26 att 119 1 td
    Bennett: 8 att 21 yards 4 tds

Receiving: WR Chad Graham 2 catches 33 yards 1 td

DE Mike Johnson: 11 tackles, 4 tfl, and 4 sacks
    SS Marcus Walker: 11 tackles, 1 tfl, 1 sack.

Coach Bond had a great balanced attack and a massive OL so watch out Big 10. He is for real!
  2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dec 15, 2009

Gotta be in the running for Tradition Football Greatest Game of All Time.
  3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Over 70, throw it out!!
  4. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dec 15, 2009
    El-Oh-Son of Jor-El
  5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    **shut up.....
    ** (relationship between blaza and I)

September 7, 2002 Kentucky v. UTEP 77-17
    2003 Kentucky - Arkansas Overtime
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah I am looking forward to the advance so I can look over this game in more detail. Really kicking myself for ducking out of that party just before the OT madness began.
  7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm still having nightmares of my WR fumbling the ball and his defender taking it to the house.
  8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    That is what playing user games is all about...must have been a great time.
  9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    I still think when Fosh and UCLA beat ASU on the 2 point interception return for the win was more crazy but hat's off guys.
  10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    The Texas A&M vs ASU Fiesta bowl in the '09 game that went 3 OT's was up there too... being a bowl game and all.

maybe we should start a list of all time great games.
  11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Awesome game guys.

that'd be cool! i'd have to throw me and 1ke's 5OT C-USA Championship game from 4th Horseman into the hat.
  12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Hail Mary

Nothing is better than a Hail Mary with no time left to bring home the 'ship!!

That was a good game though sucks my Wolverines lost it...