70-28

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ko deadeye, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

70-28

Just an update/explanation... I mass subbed my second team in at the end of the 3rd and super simmed the rest of the way. The second team scored 21 by themselves while I was cooking breakfast so that is why it went into the 70 point range. I checked the stats and after the advance you will be able to see that in no case was I trying to run up the score - 446 total yards 37 carries for 160 yds, I was killing the clock in the 3rd, 286yds passing - Mac had 215 yds passing.

2. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

very likely story...just joking KO.

In my first season in this league I took over Auburn mid-season and played some really weak team. I could not help but break every run and INT for a TD. I simmed the 4th quarter but it did not help...I think I won like 125-0.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

If I'm getting close to 60 I just run out the clock with running plays. I've had to run out of bounds many a time to keep it within our limit.

Simming actually leads to much higher scores overall. It's not a good way to keep things within reason.

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

yeah I found that out this season on the losing side. I was getting completely worked over in one of those rare games when nothing is working AND the CPU is robbing you blind...So I simmed the rest of the 4th qtr and USC scored like 28 points and ended up dropping 66 on me...I will not forget that, and I sure as H.E. DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS ain't gonna forgive it either! Can't wait for that rematch next season...seriously...that ones going up on the locker room wall.

Peace,
    PK55

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm not saying that this deserves some sort of penalty...but will be suprised if there isn't one. AG has really made sure all of us police how our games are played. I just run the ball and kill the clock. I had the same issue last year and was warned about simming. The penalty shouldn't bee too bad though. Probably lose like 1-3 hours of recruiting. Who needs recruiting? :D

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

FSU knows that recruiting is easy. You don't have to worry about grades. You just have other people write their exams for them.

Ouch, uneccesary...

7. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Florida Newspaper asks Coach Bowden about the 6 players caught cheating on finals...

Coach Bowden says, (In my best Bobby Bowden voice...) "Yeah these boys are gonna have to pay the price and sit out a few games, but they're good boys, they're good boys...they are...

Newpaper reporter, 'But Coach, aren't these the same boys that got caught stealing shoes at the Marshalls?"

Coach Bowden, "Yeah they had some difficulties, but they've come along, they're good boys, ya know, they're good boys."

BAWAHAHA!

PK

8. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

FYI,

The penalty for going over 65 is a 3 hour recruiting time loss in the following week. It's not really a big deal, as one can see by the size of the penalty we enforce, but we do enforce it. basically, we do a slap on the wrist kind of thing the first time, and scale it up from there.

Leave 3 hours unused next week, and all is well. We talked extensively about simming games and what might happen, so I think we have to enforce the penalty. I don't think it's a big deal this time. Next time might hurt a bit, though, so I'd play it out if you manage to blow one open in the future.

AG

10. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

Ok 3 hrs.
    I couldn't believe after I got back to my living room that my second teamers scored 21 points when I had a hell of a time in the first half with TT trading scores.
    I schooled them in the 3rd and thought a 49-28 with 2min left in the 3rd I would be safe and just sim with the second team. I played it safe thou and had my girl watch to make sure I didn't come up on the losing end, just surprised is all.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Haha, an easier way is to mass sub and let your girl play.:)

That's what I do.

(She is 7 months old.) LOL

12. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

Your daughter could probably beat my fiancé, lol. She still has never understood why I play video games, fortunately she tolerates it.:)

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Way to run up the score KO -- why don't you just go to Hawaii again and go on autopilot???? :D

Letting girls play this game is not fair, because all they do is throw deep!

14. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

I know right? Actually Hawaii costs too much and I have to work my arse off when I get back, leaving less time for games. lol. Besides Denver is having some decent weather lately and wouldn't make it seem that great. Oh who am I kidding, IT WAS AWESOME!(y)

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ha I bet it was man -- definitely hope to make it out there one day.