700 yards of offense

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

700 yards of offense

Against Kentucky I had 700 total yards of offense (350 rushing, 350 passing). I want to get on here and explain a bit because I don't want anyone gettin the wrong idea.

When it came to running the ball, they couldn't stop anything from a halfback dive with no fullback to a pitch. The game was somewhat close at halftime but got out of hand quickly. I mix up inside and outside running all game, but after a score in the third I stuck to running up the gut. In the fourth quarter I put the second team offense in at the beginning and they had the same successes. My backup didn't attempt a pass in the quarter.

So, yeah it was 700 yards, but it was a lot more than chucking it deep and running on the edges. I will try to keep it more under control next time, but short of diving every play I thought I actually did keep it down a bit.

Also, anyone that plays them, have fun :D

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Cool.

Maybe you're doing this, but i'm finding that the Chew Clock option is my new best friend. In games that aren't close, you can get them done in like 40 mins if you turn that sucker on after halftime.

With sliders that seem to actually work though, I'm anticipating/hoping for fewer opportunities to use this that I would have last year when most CPU games were blowouts.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I actually used chew clock the whole 4th quarter. Basically grinded my offense to a halt and we still picked up a bunch of yards.