8 min qtrs - no accel - All Pro testing

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

8 min qtrs - no accel - All Pro testing

I played Polo and the Bills last night. I won 13-0 in a very hard fought defensive battle... or was it the offenses weren't good?!? :)

Offenses: The game flowed well, if not a bit plodding. Running was tough, but there were lanes to be found. Marshawn Lynch is a beast, that's for sure. He's tough to bring down. I can notice the difference between the backs. Derrick Ward runs differently than Lynch, and Caddy was different as well. Passing, I felt like I had enough time. Both teams were able to put pressure on the QB with blitzing as is expected. There was enough time to audible (Polo's preferred way to play) without the accel clock. That also let you get to the line and make adjustments and motion as well. Might be the way to go. It was good to see our QBs make bad throws, overthrows(!), etc. I had 2 INTs, one on an overthrow that missed the intended WR that my safety grabbed. Polo picked me off as his player hopped a route. Both felt right for the situation. I scored my TD on a toss play from 27 yards out. I broke a tackle against a tired defense and got a block up the sideline.

Defense: I don't have a handle on defense yet, so it's hard to say how it went. I felt that I could call situational defenses and blitzes to get pressure. Lynch was tough to bring down for sure. We gave each other a lot of mixed looks.

ST's: Not much to note except the missed FGs. Polo missed a chippie and I missed a mid 40s FG. I noticed a bit of lag when kicking... not a slowdown, but the meter didn't stop quite right when I was flicking the stick back up. I adjusted the timing (flicking up earlier to compensate). That wasn't 'right' but it worked for the most part.

Injuries: We had a couple, nothing too long but I think Lynch was out and came back with a MEDIUM severity injury.

The stats and whatnot are on the OF site. I tried to post a highlight as well (the TD run), to test that out.

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

maybe try 9 min qtrs?

8 min on this version atleast vs the cpu seems not enough time for each team

Each team seems to get 1 possession per qtr unless theres allot of 3 and outs

It also just be me since i'm still trying to learn all the controls and I'm not able to snap the ball before 15 secs on the Playclock after looking for a play i want to run by searching via formation unless i use Ask madden.

3. Mags

Yeah, I'd certainly like to evaluate some more. As guys complete games (whether vs opponent or CPU), please post some impressions here...

4. Mags

The video highlights don't seem to work on the OF site (yet) but they do work from EA Sports World. Here's the highlight I was referring to above.

Derrick Ward TD Run

Replays would be cool for "Plays of the Month", similar to what's done on the other TF sites. We can also use it as we did back in the days when we had it on the PC for gameplay examples and disputes.

At the end of the game, you can replay pretty much every play that was run. The game lists the entire drive chart by quarter for you to go through and pick out plays. You can then watch the play from different camera angles which is nice. Saving/converting/uploading didn't take long at all.

5. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Yea, GT, I hear ya on that, but like I had told Mags on the phone, I am still trying to get all the pre-snap stuff down, so I too am running out of time. I'm not running an accel clock, and I had 3 delay of game penalties in 1 game. Once we get that stuff down, I'll bet we will be right back in line with what we are used to.

One thing that Didn't change from PC to PS3..."Time" 8 minutes, is still 8 minutes, no matter what system you're on.

I will play my CPU Games on 8 with No Accel in the OF now, and post my impressions.

Hey CPU!!! Can you play tonight when I get back from Phils Game?

CPU - Sure Styk, np. Say 11 pm?

Excellent C U Then.

6. Mags

Can't wait until the CPU bags out on Styk...

CPU: Sorry dude, my internet went down
    Stykman: WTF, can you play later tonight?
    CPU: Nah man, my wife wants to cuddle and watch a movie
    Stykman: I'll be up drinking tonight, hit me up
    CPU: Umm... sorry, I got sick.

7. Mags

Can't wait until the CPU bags out on Styk...

CPU: Sorry dude, my internet went down
    Stykman: WTF, can you play later tonight?
    CPU: Nah man, my wife wants to cuddle and watch a movie
    Stykman: I'll be up drinking tonight, hit me up
    CPU: Umm... sorry, I got sick.

8. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

I really like this game, i agree on the qb´s making mistakes, that´s a nice touch to the game, Playng defense is fun, I like more the offline games speed, but i can live with this. Maybe is because i am not good at this game yetTo be honest i didnt noticed a money play neither on defense or offense. I really like the option to keep puting on the field players with minor injuries and accepting the risk of doing that. I love the option to see every single play of the game, and post them, we should find a way to post entire games so we all can see them, i would like to see playoff games and MegaBowl.

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

on that note, specifically the way to post games... people go to www.justin.tv and broadcast by way of webcams. i personally being the die hard gamer i am bought a hauppauge 1212 hd pvr. feel free to look up the product, but basically i can record anything coming out of my playstation to my cpu. at that point i can convert the files to mp4 to burn to disk or put on youtube etc. etc. i got mine on ebay for 200 bucks, but i have seen them new for as low as 165. the hauppauge website sells em for 259. this thing kicks major ass!

10. gt86

gt86 Walk On

11. Stykman

Styk - Hey CPU...what happened?
    CPU - Dickhead Commish advanced the Franny to week 2. I told him you weren't on by 11, so I played wit...I mean, I played myself.
    Styk - But I told you I was at the Phils Game, 1 hour rain delay, I got home about 11:30.
    CPU - Sorry Man.
    Styk - Grrrr

12. Stykman

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GT, I know EXACTLY how you feel...But that is the Funniest Clip I have ever Seen!!!!!!!!!!

Moral of the story, "Don't showboat, just score, and hand the ball to the ref."

13. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Played Scar last night. Ended up 34-31. We had a few picks each. No fumbles but a few penalties each. I'm still lost on the controls used to the PC version still. I haven't juked or broke a tackle yet. There must be an easier way to sub then trying to do it manually between plays? Seems like guys get tired quick. Running is tough and its nice guys can't smash your QB in the 2nd step of his drop at least I haven't had it happen yet. I haven't figured out how to do anything but run into guys on the Dline. It seems ok so far, I have to get the old controls out of my head and get used to the new ones and figure stuff out.

14. Mags

You can still do formation subs, all of the packages are there, and it's quick and easy. You can also do manual depth subs per formation on the fly, but that takes more time.

15. gt86

gt86 Walk On

the way you do package subs is with the right analog stick

16. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Yeah i'm sure Kan didn't find it to funny i got a safety out of it and got the ball back