#8 UNC at #16 FSU

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Merih, May 7, 2010.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

#8 UNC at #16 FSU

The snowball rolling down the hill has now become a behemoth fucking snow boulder crushing the hearts of 'Nole fans and coaches everywhere.

34-14 to the Tarheels.

Looks very lopsided yes? Well it was. Two defensive touchdowns added to the Heel's tallies, one of which came as FSU was on the doorstep to punch it in and take the lead.

Blaza's QB went 18-20 for 245. His passing defense was very stout, thanks to 4 sacks from the defensive front.

On the bright side, freshman runningbackGeoff Ward had 24 carries, 185 yards, and a touchdown. On the day he totaled 209 total yards on 28 touches. A yards per carry average of 7.7 in a user game makes coach Merih very happy. He actually ran away from defenders with speed and agility, which as you all know is something FSU doesn't get much (any) of.

GG Blaza, hope you take home the ACC Championship bro.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good game Merih. I've finally been getting in the lab and working on a few weaknesses and I think it showed today. Robertson came out hot-like-fire connecting on his first 14 passes. Although he didn't throw for a TD, he didn't throw any INTs either which is not always a given.

I can't say enough about JR FS Dwayne Phillips. After icing the Clemson game with a pick-6, the reigning Thorpe winner stepped up big again causing the youngster Ward to fumble inside the 5 yard line and coming up with a bigtime interception in the 2nd half. I really hope he returns for his Senior season. The kid is raw.

On a brighter note for FSU, Ward is going to be scary good. Merih hit it on the head--the young RB can straightup pull away from defenders. According to EA, 2011 will be the first year that ACC/AGI really matters a lot. I disagree. When perusing FSU's squad, Ward's 92 SPD didn't scare us too much, but he played faster than that thanks to a powerful burst in tight spaces. I usually pride myself on being able to shutdown the run, but Ward had over a 100 in the FIRST half. We were able to contain him a bit in the 2nd half but he will be a good one for sure.

GG Merih

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah usually the run is shutdown against UNC but ward ran wild.

I think ACC does matter in 2010 but not like it should. If they really make ACC worth a difference, then you will see a lot of guys looking for those guys who can get to top speed faster than say a fast kid who doesn't accelerate as well.