#9 Iowa gives one away to #15 Michigan State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

[​IMG]

Iowa gives the game away in East Lansing. After turning the ball over 7 times, Iowa was still in it until the end but couldn't pull off the comeback. The Hawkeyes dominated the Spartans holding Michigan State to 190 total yards and 1-10 on 3rd downs. At one point, all 4 of Iowa's running backs were injured and had to resort to using thier fullback in the run game. Iowa QB James Vandenberg had one of the worst games of his career going 14-27 for 205 yards 2 TD and 5 INTs. This is the kind of performance that gets coaches fired. The Hawkeyes get Penn State at home next week.

2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Tough loss, I've had those games before where every incompletions always seems to be an interception. And talk about Sim style and making it as real as possible, Iowa RB's all hurt- that sounds pretty normal for the hawkeyes.

3. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Yeah it does MSU had 5 FGs, 3 over 50 yards and 2 defensive tds, nothing on offense. Sometimes in this game it seems like the cpu determines the outcome before the game and does all sorts of crazy to make it happen

4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Oh I forgot you didn't play against CT. And i agree with you on that, some games you can do whatever you want- others, completely nothing.