A Call to Arms : H@W Madden 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HoundsOfHowl, Jun 6, 2016.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Dear new members, fellow members, future members, and anyone just thumbing the TSO website, I would like to bring to your attention something that we could all work on together for Madden 17. As many of you remember that have been around TSO for long enough, the amount of content we, as sim gamers, would generate to help make our leagues fun and more immersible. Over my years at TSO I have been in several leagues where many members had great ideas and ways of making our leagues feel as real and in depth as we could, that the games would not allow. Now the past few years, especially since losing NCAA games, the site has lacked content generators. Now before you feel offended, there are many of you still out there doing what you love to do and that's generate league content, but there are many who have many reasons they don't, which is what I will get to next.

I know many of you, specifically in H@W, that don't have time to generate league content due to family, work, LIFE, etc...but for Madden 17 I challenge you to try, even the tiniest bit of content helps. It honestly could be commenting on the other people's content, or even reading it and liking the content to help keep the content generators going. I know I'm guilty of getting caught up in work and life and letting my content slip out of my fingers, but also I remember there not being very much at the launch of Madden 16 either.

So with all that said, my challenge is to think of ideas that you or groups of the league can do to generate content for Madden 17. I know RaiderRed90 and I are doing our shows again, and there can be multiple league shows, people love watching or listening to league shows, it help keeps them informed on what's going on in the league, without them necessarily looking for it themselves. People also love user made Power Rankings, user generated awards, and such. It's just the little stuff that people love to see going on inside the league. Another great thing I did see this year were the multiple "team blogs." Team blogs were a huge thing in every league I played in the past, and I would love to see more people keep a team blog around, not only does it a keep a good history of your career with that team during the cycle, but it is just fun to keep up with. You can make up your own storylines and such, or just keep stats there. I usually like doing 4 week intervals, but some people update them each advance. One more idea for people, team previews for each season, I know you can keep that in your blog, but I would like to see these return again for everyone.

Now that the rant is over, I appreciate you spending a couple minutes of your day reading this. I hope we can all make some great content for Madden 17 and keep an immersible league going!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

One other note I would like to add. I would like to see more users on TSO vs GroupMe. Especially for scheduling and such. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1