A call to New Prospects

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

A call to New Prospects

We currently are in the Playoffs of year five. Tuesday April 20, 2010 will be the offseason draft, if you intend to jump into this league, you want to do it before then.

Background:
    The Ten Year War was called so for a reason, because we intend to get ten seasons in. How do you play ten seasons? Easy play 6 full season, then the last four sim the entire regular season and those that make the postseason get to play it out. We will participate in all of the drafts, and do offseason free agency, with the exception of the last season FA. going from year nine to ten, whose ever on your team, is whose on your team. We'll call it the season without a cap. So with 5 full seasons complete, we are entering our last full season before we go into the sim regular season mode.

Why would I join a League starting it's sixth season?

1) Easy, everyone complains about the leagues that they just came from that dissolved after a season or two, then pool from a group of others that come from a dissolved league to make a new league, which promptly dissolves before one season can be completed. Basically you already know this thing has sticking power, therefore if you want a league that will last, you want to join this league.

2) Madden'11 is coming up, and of course this same "Ten Year War" will happen again. Those who join and play in this league will get priority during team selection next year. So the hierarchy will go, those that started before the Tradition move and stayed in this league, then those that joined now and stayed, then the new guys that start when Madden'11 comes out.

Age Minimum for playing in this league
    A lot of the original members are fathers, or husbands, or both, therefore most of us can only play when the little ones go to bed. Because of this I ask that you have some age on you. I used to set the minimum to 25, but being in your 20's and having some sense about you, will do.

Family First, Video games somewhere behind that
    Unfortunately I've lost some good guys due to time constraints because life got in the way, and I don't mind at all. I expect things to coe up, I expect business trips and family vacations that keep from playing half a season. I expect that you'll sit down to play your opponent during the scheduled time and your wife or child or both will have a meltdown and you won't be able to play. This is why in this league you don't complain up a storm because our opponent had unexpected Daddy duty, went out of town and it cost you a simmed loss in the regular season. Suck it up, be a better GM, and stop drafting all speed and nothing else guys. If things come up during the post season, we'll deal with it, but during the regular season the game gets simmed.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Psycho,

I would be interested in coming on board when '11 drops if that is a possibility.

Thanks!

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Psycho,

I'd be interested when 11 drops, as well. The description of the league sounds like it would fit me perfectly, turning 38 this year and married with 2 kids (and one on the way). If it works out to where I could join when the new version drops, that'd be great. Thanks.

4. d19

d19 Walk On

From the looks of it... you are going for the Raiders. If so, I believe you would be the first user to use the Raiders in our franchise. ....... And for the record I am a JCamp supporter. Being the Skins I did have his struggles but for some reason i believe that Madden11 will project him better than 10'.

Congrats with the new comer on the way. I believe Psycho is about to have another kiddo out the door pretty soon here. Is that correct Psy?

...you dont mind if I call you Psy? do ya?

its way coooler than this guy -----> :dance nana:

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Riptide, Parrothead (BTW - Buffet concerts are great when you're single (y) )

Sometime around July I'll put up a Madden'11 offical sign-up so you guys can offically choose teams.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Thanks, man. Not sure how things will go with being outnumbered by kids, so I'll definitely need the vids to get me away from things. haha. I'd definitely want the Raiders if available, but as a new guy, I know my pick would be after all the existing folks. I've been a die-hard Raider fan since I can remember, which lately hasn't been that great. Looking forward to having an actual QB for once. I think Campbell will do fine as long as the line can keep him off his back. We'll see.

Buffett concerts are still great when you're married, as long as you plan appropriately. :cool:

I'll be on the lookout for the official sign-up. Thanks.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just saw the Raiders team rating for 11. Yuck. I'd still take them in a nanosecond, though. (y)

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I encourage people to pick there team. With ten years to play, you could build a contender from any team, and the great thing about Madden is that if you suck a big one, you'll get better draft picks, which hopefully will allow you to compete better down the line.

9. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Will suspension be enforced in our Madden 11 OF. So would Finger Bangin' Ben miss the first 4 to 6 games?

10. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

No.

Same premise as preseason and mini camp injuries - they can't happen in year 2-10... so why make them happen in year 1.

Although suspensions for off the field activities would be fun to throw down with in a franchise, but until they put it in the code, it won't happen.

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd rather play with "my" team with horrible ratings than with another team I hate that has good ratings. Much more fun that way, I think.