A couple of issues

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Cgreen214, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I waited before I posted this because I wasn't sure if you were still making changes to the forums. None of the roll over features work for me anymore. I have to click alerts to see them all at once and to click a users name I have to control and click to open in a new window. If I don't do that It will just give me the loading symbol on the site and continue to do that over and over again and never load. I am also unable to insert pictures or like other users posts it just loads and never registers.

I am using Internet Explorer.

Is this happening to other IE users or is this something on my end. I have cleared my Cache multiple times trying to see if that works, but it has not.

This all occurred after the site updates.

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've heard a lot of negative feedback from IE users. My suggestion is to not use IE.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Cgreen214 you are not alone. I also basically can only access about 10% of the functionality of the forums since the change. I can't see the chatbox, can't edit/delete messages, can't reply to more than one quote, etc.

The suggestion to not use IE would be great if I had another option while at work. Ah well, is what it is.

4. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

yea same...at this time I do not have any other option.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm working on getting it fixed...I literally don't know what the issue is right now.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Have you guys tried using IE in compatibility mode? You can also use the developer tools to use it in IE8 mode which might help as well.

8. Dru50

I have no idea how to do either of those things. The forums used to work fine, now I can't use 90% of the functions.

9. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I just like your post...lol its still loading.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Have you tried using Google to learn how to do either of those things?

11. Dru50

That's very constructive - thanks.

How about not fixing what isn't broken? I've moved on.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    According to our analytics, there are plenty of people using IE on the site, Dru50 . So I think we can assume it's something with your local install and not the site.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

13. Dru50

Yes, I've tried that several times. It's your site and you can obviously run it how you like but I don't understand why this is the only site I visit that doesn't work for the most part for me, and there is no other site (including other forum sites) that requires constantly clearing cache to make it run. It seems like something in the background is needlessly complex when I can visit sites with more members and not run into similar issues. But as I've said I'm not an IT expert by any stretch so I probably am missing something.

I appreciate you responding in a helpful manner, and if this is limited to me then don't waste any time on it. I can make due with the 10% functionality I still have.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I also checked your account on the site and everything seems to be in order.

You are experiencing this functionality loss both at work and home?

15. Dru50

At work on my laptop. I use my iPad at night and it works on there using safari.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Oh okay. I was wondering if you had another PC you could try to log into the website with and use IE. If it was happening on both computers then we could say it was the site. If it works fine from a different machine there could potentially be some filter/firewall at your work blocking features of the site.

I have to use IE at work as well and I notice when I have problems with sites that if I add them to 'trusted sites' it helps most of the time.

17. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Its not just him I am having the same issues. I have tried numerous things, but I have not tried adding it to trusted sites. I will go that route and get back to you guys.

18. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Its not just him I am having the same issues. I have tried numerous things, but I have not tried adding it to trusted sites. I will go that route and get back to you guys.

19. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

That didn't work..and I turned my firewall off and tried the site again and still nothing.

20. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I'm pretty sure everyone who uses IE is having the same problems. I can never see the CB, like posts, check my alerts, or anything else that requires "loading" onto the site without having major problems. I just use google chrome and all seems well. Not all computers have chrome though.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm obviously aware, it isn't like I can magically span my fingers and fix Microsofts mess.

22. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

My reply was more a reference to this quote;

I saw you talking about being aware of the problems in the CB and that you were going to go take a look at the code when you get some time. Simply wanted to let Drifter know this is definitely not a case that only a handful of IE users are experiencing. I really like all the changes and appreciate the time and effort you guys put into everything. Don't wanna sound like a complainer.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I feel bad for the people FORCED to use IE, but if that isn't the case, use something that isn't ass.

24. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I've been having this issue since the upgrade, I have a surfact RT at home which i use where the chatbox works, but can't reply.

IE on a normal PC, chatbox doesn't work, but can reply.

At work, i have IE so its very limited, at home, my wife uses the laptop most of the time so if i need to reply to something, i usually use my phone. There is no other browser on surface RT .

Prior, IE worked fine.

• Like Like x 1