A Couple of Sim Suggestions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

A Couple of Sim Suggestions

What would you guys think if we ...

1) Declared playbooks for each season? Most teams know the style of their opponents and what they generally like to run. I think this would give us a more sim feel. We could prep for each other more realistically. If you get through a season and want to hire a new OC, go ahead. But no one installs a new offense mid-season. We sticky a post with the playbooks, so guys who want to can get ready for their opponents.

2) Declared defensive systems? I've even been thinking of doing away with the multi, 4-2-5, and 3-3-5, unless you're at a school that already runs one of these. Otherwise, I think we'll all be running junk defenses against each other. But whatever we do, I think the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 should be out.

I care much more about #1 than #2.

Thoughts?

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

What seems to be the problem with the 3-3-5 this year? I have scene it a lot in online games and I have run right through it, blitz and all. If someone is going to employ it you should be able to play against it.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't have any issue with it at all. It just seems like every year guys seem to think anything but a 4-3 and 3-4 are somehow bugged. I don't care if people want to use them. It just seems to lead to less drama when we don't. I just think we should declare both playbooks up front, since it's perfectly sim for other coaches to know what they're up against.

I'm much more concerned with declaring a book and sticking with it than I am about saying what we can and can't use.

I posted my commitments in the coaches roster, just so you guys know I'm serious. Anyone wanna join me?

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Pro, 4-3, VaTech

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I believe vanslyke will be using the Wishbone, 1-1-10, WeakSauce setup if you want to go ahead and put him down for that.

6. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

Tough call because I haven't 100% decided. But I agree with calling it and sticking to it.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How about changes are OK up until conference play in year one only. Fair?

8. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I am fine either way. There is a certain pre conference game between OS and UM that might be better if we could scout, but I am fine either way.

I will just call mine now and switch it after 1 season. It won't be a big deal.

Pistol, 4-3

9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Think we should call them and stick with them. With that being said I'm gonna go mess around with some playbooks and will post my later.

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm not sure what Offense the Huskers run but I'll play a 4-3 D for sure.

11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Spread, 3-3-5, WVU.

WVU's base D is the 3-3-5. If you guys have any issue with it, I have no beef switching defenses. This is actually my first time using this d.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not at all. Don't worry about it.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

usc, Miami pb,4-3

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

oregon, balanced run and 4-3

15. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Alabama, run balanced, 3-4

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think the game calls Oregon's playbook a spread, and Bama's a pro, so I'll be putting that down. That right?

17. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Bama's playbook is actually labeled as "One Back", but I use the "Run Balance" playbook.

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Same here

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I see. Didn't know that book was so popular.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

My Playbook is the Penn State "Spread HD" which is a Multiple, and my defense is a 4-3 base.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've been reading that my guys are going to be running some 3-4 this year, so I'm gonna change to the Multiple D setting so I can do the same. I'm kinda weird like that. Plus, when Iowa and Wisconsin are coming to town, you need a little 4-6. Anyone mind?

22. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I agree with committing to a playbook.
    And to keep as realistic as possible, I am sticking with Mississippi State's Spread and a 4-3 D. I may regret this mid-season since I've been used to playing a pro style O in the past, but I like the realism of going with what the team currently runs

23. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Ill be using the base Notre Dame offensive playbook (spread) and the 4-3 on defense

24. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I don't care personally. Although I am a little 'meh' on the multiple D front. Maybe we can we revisit the 'multiple' ban next season.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Maybe I'll just stick with the 4-3. There's a 4-4 set in it that will be just fine when John Clay comes calling.