A Couple Things

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

A Couple Things

1) When it comes to setting up times to schedule games, please do so in the "Advanced to Week XX" thread. This will keep that thread visible in that thread at all times. Feel free to discuss setting up a time with someone you play in the NEXT advance in there. If you have a user-game looming, that is the place you need to check to set things up. Please do not create a thread just for your game.

2) The situation of the MSU-PSU game really is not the end of the world, but it does establish precedent. Therefore, if it is a week where there is no communication for a user game within 24 hours of the advance, and one user or the other is unable to play the game, it will be simmed. I deem this as both users being at fault, therefore neither should get the benefit of playing the CPU. Now, if you have been trying to get in touch with your and have heard nothing through XBOX Live or on the forums, let me know. If it is coming down to the wire for the advance, the party trying to establish contact will get to play the CPU.

3) I will be sending an XBL message when advances are completed. This does not mean that you are not exempt from the participation on the forums that Tradition Football AND the OFFL require, but rather serves as a courtesy to increase awareness of where we are as far as the advances go.

That's pretty much it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I think it is pretty well laid out, but any confusion should be cleared up ASAP.

Thanks guys.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would like to add that none of this is to be a "hard-ass". The intent of all of this is to get everyone more on the same page. If guys start communicating about setting up game times the advance before their game, the league will move more quickly and more streamlined. We are all busy here -- well, I'm probably the least busy because being unemployed SUCKS -- so there will be give and take. That is to be expected. But the more vocal and involved everyone is, the more smoothly things run, and it makes for a better experience for everyone.

While I listed things in the previous post, there is always gray area and situations that will arise that there is really no guideline for. All you have to do if you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from being active in the league for a period of time is communicate that to me or Dat. If there is something going on that prevents anyone from getting what this video game league needs to be done completed, just drop a PM our way. We don't need specific details. Awareness is key.

Okay, that is really all now! ;)

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Now it's right.:D

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

hahaha... Maybe you're talking about your free safety?? :eek:

Too soon? :D

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

hahaha... Maybe you're talking about your free safety?? :O

Too soon? :D

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

ZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I really like the XBL message about advances...I do that for the OFFL MM's (as well as update our "advanced" thread) and feel like it really spurs guys to come into the OD and get stuff done. Seems like once I send it out I'll see 3 or 4 guys get on that same night and get stuff done.