A Discussion on Sliders

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Hurricane GL, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

First let me say that sliders allow us to make this game more realistic. So, I love them.

But I wanted to share a few feelings/observations/trepidations I have concerning them.

1) I actually feel like the default sliders are pretty darn close to SIM.
    2) Penalties would be where I think we need the most attention.
    3) I also think toning down WR Catch will assist to lessen the OP Aggro Catch (if the patch doesn't tone it down enough).
    4) I actually like where pass blocking/pass rushing is. I think solid players can get pressure. Lesser ones struggle.
    5) My biggest fear is the INT slider. Are INTs high right now? Yes. But let's ask WHY? I actually think it's because too many of us (myself included) are playing M16 like it's M15. We aren't adapting to the dynamic passing controls. I find myself throwing bullets more than anything still. Users need to improve at High/Low/Lob/Touch/Lead throws. What happens in the NFL when QBs make a bad throw? A lot of INTs. If we adjust the sliders what will we get? We'll still have DBs reacting to the ball and getting there, just not catching the ball. I think this will actually inhibit user improvement in the passing game and increase frustration.

Sim is about play style not adjusting AI so that STATS are different. This should be about making mistakes, learning from them, and getting better.

Black Republican

• Like Like x 1
  2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sliders will always be subjective because people play the game differently and expect different things. I'm not too keen on making vast changes to the default sliders because people need to adjust still to the new game play. Things like Aggressive catch over 5 people is the hand EA dealt us so we'll deal with it (by lowering WR catch a tad ;))
    The interceptions are high at this point, on default. While a defender should catch the horrible pass thrown right to him, there are still too many instances of DB warping or out breaking a route before a WR makes his break. Or dive catching a tipped ball ... Cool animations but they detract from overall gameplay.

Sim is about play style and stats are the validation. They show trends which can be addressed as a group with sliders or show select users who may be abusing certain aspects of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I agree with most everything (a DB in the area of a tip should snag that ball more than any other type of pick). My only point on INT is that I don't think lowering the INT stops the animations of warping etc. It will just mean that more INTs are dropped by DBs that have wide open picks. It's just another way Madden needs fixing.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i want catch sliders 100, int sliders 0..

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Right, the INT slider will not reduce warping, but the purpose of reducing the slider is to limit the successful INTs due to warping or due to plays where the DB magically knows where the ball without even looking. Yes, it will cause more drops, but i think the point is that they should of been drops or knocks downs at the most in those situations anyway. You or many may complain "what about the really bad decisions?? they are droppiong those too!" That is the game we play and that is what EA has given us.

We can't leave the INT slider the way it is or else you will see a ton of INTs and a ton of blow outs. People can complain that their DBs drop too many balls, but i rather play a game where the DB drops more balls that was thrown in double coverage or just a bad decision. not a game where i am throwing a slant, cross pattern, or curl and db warp 3 yards for the pick when it should of been a knock down at most.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Quite a few interceptions are thrown in this league due to bad decision making. I don't feel that we should be dumbing down sliders too much in order to compensate for bad throws.

I agree with Hurricane GL 's first point - by and large the game is not bad as it sits, and a few minor adjustments might need to be made.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Not sure how everyones CFM games are as I haven't played any yet, but the online h2h sliders on all-pro seem to be pretty good. Don't know how they would be in a longer game but INTs don't seem to be too numerous, obviously the rocket catches would need to be toned down a little but it seems to play pretty realistic. The INT slider down maybe just a little to even out things, I like it overall..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i've played lobby and draft champs games, INTs is as common especially with linebackers.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Could we look to adjust the DB reaction slider? Think that's what it's called.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I see way less DB warping on all pro...on all madden is where it is an issue. At least in the games I have played.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I haven't seen much DB Warping...once or twice.

My bigger issue is QBs not being able to throw to Wide Open WR. If the DB is close my guy can thread the needle. If the receiver gets more than 5 yds of separation QB will miss by 10+ yds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If the QB is under pressure his accuracy plummets and there are a lot more misthrows

• Like Like x 1
  13. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Which is how it should be with most qbs, problem is the trigger for it is broken and sometimes happens if your line picks up the blitz and no one gets through

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2