A Discussion.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Aug 21, 2011.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Hey guys, i would like to start a discussion about our current sliders.

I understand that we probably wont change the sliders up since the season has got underway.

It is in my opinion that these sliders are bunk..

Most of you probably say "hey T2 what makes you say that?"

Well lets face the music here, It is in my opinion and a few others in the league that there is a major issue with our slider set. It is in my opinion that yes the sliders are hard, which is what i advocate, but they are hard for the wrong reasons. The reason i have found them to be hard is the because of the sliders retarding the ratings of the user team and ampliflying the CPU.

It just doesnt make any sense that anyone would want to play a game where you have to game the cpu to have a chance to win. I feel the current sliders force the user into "gaming" the game by which i mean that inorder to win you have to use loop holes and exploits.

I have been looking at how the game played vs the abilities of our players and cpu players. and it just disgusting. Also i noticed that the OC/DC part the other CPU vs CPU part the outcome is always determined by how well the user did when controlling their team. So if i drive down used a balanced attack and score a TD ill be back on the field right away. If i go 3 and out, the CPU scores 7 points.

I am going to get some more information complied to be compelling evidence. Along with providing a slider set that will keep things tough but not make us feel that we are just getting fucked by the game.

I understand that many will say this is because i lost, but i feel that is a non factor. i have talked about the bs the sliders create even after winning 56-20.

Stay Tuned and please feel free to voice your opinion as this is 12 person league and if you do not speak up then no one will know where you stand.

Thanks

T2

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I think they're fine. We are horrible teams. We shouldn't be beating teams that are better than us. Last year, you could get away with is. This year, you can't.

I agree that they're could be some tweaks though.

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I'm ok with whatever the league decides.

Sliders are always difficult due to their subjective nature.

4. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I'm fine with whatever is decided. I dont think anything drastic is neccessary. It like CA said, these 2 star teams should not be beating SEC or teams in the BCS Confrences regularly. They are difficult and I enjoy the realism. I do think that the CPU pass rush is a little bit overwhelming sometimes or the INT's the CPU gets are a little high. I would not be opposed to a couple tweaks but not total revamping

• Like Like x 1
  5. T2

I completely agree that 2* teams shouldnt be beating good teams. But if we are going to have a slider set that "plays true to ratings" then we must make some changes.. i have an 86 ovr team why should it be difficult to beat a 70 ovr or an 80ovr should be close.

6. controllerabuser

Fresno State is an 86 overall?

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

fixed that for ya :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. T2

thanks david for keeping it classy.. real nice. David

9. T2

yea.

10. Iron Mickey

Just busting balls you little girl..

Geez

11. T2

what did you expect... a pat on the back?

12. Iron Mickey

That would be nice

13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I am open to suggestions for tweaking sliders and/or settings as long as you can provide evidence to backup your claim. Your overall team rating compared to another is really insufficient because at the end of the day, its how a team plays together that decides how good they are on the gridiron (Remember App State @ Michigan?).

Evidence should come in the form of a video and aided by player skill ratings.

14. T2

yea like i said in OP. i am compiling more data and evidence to make a change. i know nothing will get changed until the end of this season so i have plenty of time.

15. T2

also i think it would be foolish to make any major changes until we see what EA has changed in the patch. perhaps that will fix everything and this discussion will be mute. so while we wait for the patch, I would like to gather some more information.

I would like to see everyone voicing their thoughts.

Things you like about the current sliders

Things you dont like about the current sliders

16. controllerabuser

A sandwich?

17. T2

thats what i expect any time David addresses me :eek:

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The only thing that I think needs tweaked is the CPU pass rush like Vols said. Other than that I actually like the slider set, and this is coming from the guy that is losing the most right now..

19. T2

thanks for the input bob.. i m hoping that they correct the defense stacking against your play call..

nice to see some feedback, thats why i labeled the thread "a discussion" instead of slider issue etc...

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Helped you out there...

• Like Like x 1