A Few Details

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

A Few Details

OK, I'm going to lay out how my last gig went, and then we'll make a few adjustments according to what you guys want.

Difficulty: I think we'll start with a decent set of AA sliders, and then adjust according to how we do. If we're running for 8-9 yards a carry, run D will get tougher. If we're shutting out good CPU competition, their offense will get better. Adjustments will occur when a pattern develops. It's not going to happen just because someone unloaded on a CPU team, but if it's established that we're all getting too easy a run, then we'll make it tougher. As we play, we're going to get better. We'll need to account for that. But if we're not getting beat now and then playing better teams on the road, for example, then something's not sim. I do my best not to take plays out of your playbooks with my adjustments, but sometimes it can't be helped. But we'll worry about that if and when we need to.

Advance times: Last time, we advanced at 11pm on Thursday and Sunday nights. Now, we did a lot of stuff outside the dynasty (guys posted some pretty detailed summaries, had AVID pages, etc.) that I don't think we'll be doing as much of. Now, I want the members outside of our dynasties to be able to see what we're up to, so we'll have to keep up a presence in the forums, but I don't think it will be as intense as last year. Lots of that stuff is contained in the dynasty itself this time.

Gameplay issues: We talk them out, but I make the final call. Someone has to.

Restarts: Do it once, and you receive a douchebag card (see below). Do it twice, and we got an issue.

Sportsmanship: I'm cool with quite a bit of smack talk, but let's keep it civil, and the vulgarity to reasonable levels. Oh, and don't ever start a thread titled "WTF?" I just hate that.

Any additional stuff can be added by you guys. Got a pet peeve? Let us know before we do it.

Beware the Douchebag Card
    [​IMG]

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Pet Peeve No. 1: This has bascially already been built into the framework of the league but the specific is always worth a restate. Don't be a bitch when you lose...to the computer, to another user, or to me. Everyone fumbles in bad spots. Everyone gets hosed. I know. I know. The CPU AI sucks and you got flagged for holding and you fumbled on the one yard line. Pick up your balls, glue them back on, wear man underwear, and take the loss and move on.

Summary: I freaking hate excuses and those that rely on them to bring everyone else down. Just enjoy this crap. You aren't supposed to win every game! Let's be positive and have fun damnit.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I actually gave myself a d-bag card once for this one. I was getting just run over by the power run game, and I didn't like it one bit. My bitchiness lasted about five minutes in game, and then I managed to man up and take my beating like a man. But still, the commish has to be a model of sportsmanship, so I flagged myself for my moment of wuss.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Can I get a print out size for the Douche bag card so I can hand them out at work?:HoosierHoo:

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

hilarious.