A few league stat's through 3 games

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by charter04, Sep 12, 2014.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Passing

Att's-2910
    Comp-1732
    %-59.5
    Yards-21,806
    YPA-7.5
    TD's-129
    Int's-163
    Sacks-219

Rushing

carries-2,398
    yards-8,732
    avg-3.6
    TD's-74

FG kicking
    FGA-171
    FGM-149
    %-87

There it is.

• Like Like x 4
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Int's are little high. Is there a way to tune that down while making sure completion% stays where it is? Still a few too many times where I have led a receiver and the defender seems to get a magical extra step and jump the route that results in an int as opposed to a more realistic knocking of the ball down. But that's just me and my poor decisions I am sure more than anything.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

The int's have been toned down with sliders to 5 and the last two games have had more realistic int numbers IMO... But some are complaining it's gone to far in the other direction. But if you look at the interception stats it does appear to be toning it down to be more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

one of the problems that I see is that a lot aren't reading defenses like a NFL qb.
    They are throwing into coverage a lot more so naturally the int numbers will be
    higher than real life. I sure don't want it to get to the point that it rewards that
    type of play. if you look at the league leaders there are several QB's who aren't
    throwing a ton of picks. so I agree with you that it's seems pretty good now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I dont' just mean to say they. I do the same things sometimes. In the game I threw 4 that is what happened. I've had 1 in my other 3 games.

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Agreed. I have thrown 8 INT's on the season (7 with Cutty and 1 with JC). 3 have been pick sixes. It just feels like for some of the times the routes get jumped that it is a jump that in real life should result NO QUESTION with an incompletion but the pick seems a little unrealistic.

I also say this a little bitter because in my game I had a handful of should be picks that weren't.

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm not saying this is always the reason but, I've noticed if my receiver has a
    - in route running in the match stick that happens more. If they have an advantage
    then they get open more and stay open longer.

the video game aspect will always give us some wonky stuff though. lol

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Agreed.

9. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

This has been the battle for a few files now. The issue is Madden can't have a realistic amount of pass deflections vs interceptions. There are certain instances when there's no doubt the ball should be picked. But quite often the ball should just be batted down or broken up with contact. EA's turnt up DB awareness is huge this year; couple that with a pass rush. And that's a gonna be a long day for a QB. I constitute more picks to rushed passes vs reading the coverage. That and errant passes, too many time's i've attempted to directional throw and the pass goes totally away from the intended receiver. Nothing has changed from Madden 06 to now with low picks and high %, if you're running a high percentage of "easy" routes you're going to be safer. Slants, drags can be ran pretty much all game and yield results. When looking to change settings you should really erase the top 3, and bottom 3 teams statistics and adjust accordingly. Brees & Rodgers should be statistically in the ballpark off ratings alone even with a 89 y/o granny w/carpal tunnel controlling them.

• Like Like x 3
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea that's kind of what I told Rich. Because of the lack of WR/DB fighting for the
    ball it's ether an errant throw, int, or completion. there are very few DB swats or
    incompletions that are from WR/DB fighting.

I also think the ratings are part of the problem too. DB's catch ratings are way to
    high IMO. If it hits their hands they catch like WR's.

It's also easier to hold the "easy" routes this year because the DB's play better.

I completely understand the frustration. I'm glad I'm not in charge of sliders. lol.
    I give my opinion but, these are not my sliders. Rich is the man with that. I think
    He's done a good job. Maybe with the INT slider at 5 it will help. I'm sure it will
    be looked at again mid season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

So don't count the top 3 and bottom 3 QB's in rating, completion percent, or
    Int's? Is that because you feel the top three only run "easy" routes that are auto complete no matter the settings. And the bottom three might just struggle with any settings?

Just wanting to gather some stats

12. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I wouldn't say the top 3 run strictly 'easy' routes haha .. They just have things figured out and won't stray far from their positions as 'efficiency' goes. The bottom 3 may just struggle with a combination of things. While it's all an avg you'll get a better hard number IMO with out the sway of top/bottom heavy. But the end factor; the factor while we're all here is the 'fun' factor. The game should be fun from top-bottom. With extra consideration to the bottom; no one enjoys losing. So if you happen to lose more often than not you should at least enjoy your team and games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

oh ok. got ya. good points. by week 8 or 9 we should have a better picture. By then most will have figured some things out.

• Like Like x 1